Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The 815 "Sanguine"  (Read 6836 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 12:43:05 AM »

Thanks Taegin! It is on the shorter side, not sure how short. I will take some measurements and comparison photos when I get home today. It would be on or just under 10" if I were to guess.

Next build should still be the wooden one. This one was just an unexpected interruption.

That's what I figured. It looks similar in size (from what I can tell) to the Apprentice, which is 9.875".

I have to agree with Jediseth here. It is a great looking interruption.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »

In inches and mm just to make it easier for people.

L-R:

Apprentice V4, Sanguine, Arbiter Body, Prophecy V3, Standard Issue Battle Saber

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 11:06:23 AM »

Excellent Isola!

Thank you for that. Smiley

Points.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »

Well HELLO beautiful Sith weapon!  Shmexy lightsaber . . . must not . . . reach through the inter-webs . . . have to be mine . . .

. . . +1  Grin

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »

Alright. I like it. Just over 10" is good enough for me. Thanks for the picks Isola.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »

Excellent Isola!

Thank you for that. Smiley

Points.

Not a problem Smiley and thank you!

Well HELLO beautiful Sith weapon!  Shmexy lightsaber . . . must not . . . reach through the inter-webs . . . have to be mine . . .

. . . +1  Grin

Thanks  Grin but hands off!  Tongue

Alright. I like it. Just over 10" is good enough for me. Thanks for the picks Isola.

Point to you

Yep I was a bit off on my guess but seeing as you can grip it anywhere it still works very well size wise Smiley

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 05:57:48 AM »

Good work, very nice!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »

Good work, very nice!

Thanks Blue!

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 08:04:32 AM »

*sings Imperial March* Point, point, point, point, point-point, point, point-point. Point, point point, point, point-point, point, point-point.  Grin

I love it! Life has handed you lemons but this is the nicest-looking lemonade I have ever seen!

Wobbywoo

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »

*sings Imperial March* Point, point, point, point, point-point, point, point-point. Point, point point, point, point-point, point, point-point.  Grin

I love it! Life has handed you lemons but this is the nicest-looking lemonade I have ever seen!

Wobbywoo

hahahaha thank you Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 07:26:17 PM »

I missed this when you first posted, but it's a great piece of work, Isola Smiley I also really like the 'leather' finish - I imagine it makes it a little more grippy in hand?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »

So if you buy a Catalyst, say you want to use an Arbiter emitter and different pommel, can you? I know then the led wires would be kinda snug in the body though x.x I'm having a cool idea. Like if you take off the choke. Or maybe still leave it on. I like the Catalyst whole but the main emitter is just kinda bleh to me

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 10:00:56 PM »

So if you buy a Catalyst, say you want to use an Arbiter emitter and different pommel, can you? I know then the led wires would be kinda snug in the body though x.x I'm having a cool idea. Like if you take off the choke. Or maybe still leave it on. I like the Catalyst whole but the main emitter is just kinda bleh to me

Everything is MHS compatible, so the only concern is with fitting everything inside.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2017, 06:39:58 AM »

I missed this when you first posted, but it's a great piece of work, Isola Smiley I also really like the 'leather' finish - I imagine it makes it a little more grippy in hand?

Thanks JC Smiley

0.00000815% grippier maybe? It's still high gloss paint after all. It's more a pattern effect in the clear than it is an actual grip coating. The ridges in the body do give quite a lot of grip on the Catalyst body though so it was already nice and grippy Smiley

Yes and No. You can do some cram-fu and fit a standard housing mostly in to the body and partly into the emitter, but you want a deep emitter for this to work. You cannot, however, use the choke as well.

This is the style of LED in the Catalyst

As you can see it fit in the choke, not the body. The wires run through the choke/neck into the body.

This is how clearance there is over the switch in the Catalyst body (not much)

This is as far down as a standard LED housing can go

And because the choke point on a Catalyst is smaller than 1" you can't fit the LED housing through the choke, or up in to the choke to take that extra 1/2" of housing that sticks out.

So even if you put the LED housing on the top section of the choke, ran the wires down to the body and changed the emitter, the LED housing would be inside the emitter, shortening your blade socket length and also... it looks really, really, really bad

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »

Well, it's a nice idea but I'm afraid I have to agree that it doesn't look all that fantastic... perhaps one of the square-er chokes from the other guys might work?

Wobbywoo

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: