Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I scratched my standard issue by accident  (Read 993 times)
java_saint
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

« on: March 20, 2017, 06:28:51 PM »

Well, first off I am a newbie, so what happened was that I put the saber with my dominatrix v4 in a case together. Due to the standard issue's large hilt and the dominatrix's grooves, I now have scratches on it.

Can anyone advise what I should do to remove them?

Also, silver with a sith blade is sort of weird. I need some advise on a custom job cause I kinda have a bad sense of color taste.

Thanks alot.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »

Embrace the scratches, they add character.  Wink

However, if you absolutely must remove them, really fine grit sandpaper (1000+ grit) can be used to "buff" them out, as well as buffing compound and a buffing wheel on a dremel or a soft cloth.  Or, you can use a combination of those.  Aluminum is a really soft metal, easily scratched and easily repaired.

As for customizations, you may want to hit the customization sub-forum for ideas.  There are some really talented people on here who have done some amazing work, from the simple to the really complex.  Though, Darth Maul and Darth Sidious both had very shiny saber hilts, especially Sidious.  His was all chrome and gold.  Just saying.  Wink

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »

Darth Sidious both had very shiny saber hilts, especially Sidious.  His was all chrome and gold.  Just saying.  Wink
Technically it was high-polished durasteel and electrum.

Anyways, you could probably use 1000 grit sandpaper to get rid of it. Then go over it with 2000-3000 sand paper. Start with a few brushes of 2000 then increase to the next highest until 3000. It should work.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

java_saint
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 02:02:51 AM »

Thanks. I think I might try out the sandpaper thing.

Or maybe spray paint it.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:48 PM »

Technically it was high-polished durasteel and electrum.

I was really just commenting on the color scheme, but nice technical information.  Have a point.  Cool

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »

Thanks. I think I might try out the sandpaper thing.

Or maybe spray paint it.

You could remove the scratches or embrace them. I embraced them on my DSI (it was just the pommel ). I just had a thought. If you are considering painting your saber perhaps you could just paint the center section between the grooves black and leave the top and bottom sections silver. Like the Manticore. If this covers the scratches you have on it. I think this would be cool, plus I don't think it has been done before. Good luck on your decision. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

java_saint
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:59:00 AM »

Mine aren't so minor unfortunately.There are a few very odd and unsightly ones streaking across the surface. Gonna try a red and see how it turns out. Will post results when I get to it Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: