Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Saber Display  (Read 3723 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »

Send me a link, I only customized 2 sabers so far. So Im not an expert to you lol. I have many more planned themes, its just about having the budget lol

Well its more about the display element. All my sabers til now have been exclusively for combat except this hilt. I took an Anakin RotS and burned/scuffed/painted it to look like it had been through the duel on Mustfar, and then I added a crystal chamber just for an extra cool touch!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 03:03:58 AM »

Well its more about the display element. All my sabers til now have been exclusively for combat except this hilt. I took an Anakin RotS and burned/scuffed/painted it to look like it had been through the duel on Mustfar, and then I added a crystal chamber just for an extra cool touch!

I would do a paint wipe technique,  get some matte black acrylic paint and spread a little on a towl and wipe the hilt down so when it dries it will look oike smoke smear. I use a chemical on the US aluminum hilts for that effect but I dont think hasbro makes this with aluminium. I would look up and see

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »

I would do a paint wipe technique,  get some matte black acrylic paint and spread a little on a towl and wipe the hilt down so when it dries it will look oike smoke smear. I use a chemical on the US aluminum hilts for that effect but I dont think hasbro makes this with aluminium. I would look up and see

Oh good idea! I like the paint wipe tecnique to sort of make smoke like markings. No, Hasbro and MR did some kind of weird coating that isnt quite paint and isnt quite metal, it can flake off, but im not sure entirely what it is. It might essentially be a chrome wrap of sorts. This saber actually had some of it flaked in places which is why I decided to weather it, to kind of hide that minor imperfection and turn it into something cool!  Which saber did you do the chemical weathering on?

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »

Oh good idea! I like the paint wipe tecnique to sort of make smoke like markings. No, Hasbro and MR did some kind of weird coating that isnt quite paint and isnt quite metal, it can flake off, but im not sure entirely what it is. It might essentially be a chrome wrap of sorts. This saber actually had some of it flaked in places which is why I decided to weather it, to kind of hide that minor imperfection and turn it into something cool!  Which saber did you do the chemical weathering on?

Here is a link to my red lantern saber ste by step, even tho I added a chipped paint effect I furst weathered it. There is a link to my previous blue lantern saber in the first post. That one is more pic heavy

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34357.0

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 07:39:14 PM »

Here is a link to my red lantern saber ste by step, even tho I added a chipped paint effect I furst weathered it. There is a link to my previous blue lantern saber in the first post. That one is more pic heavy

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34357.0

Oh man that looks amazing, I hadnt checked that thread yet just cuz im not a big lantern fan but those sabers are stunning. Great work on them!

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »

Thanks

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned: