Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Has anyone got this error message on there sound fonts before?  (Read 951 times)
buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -116

Darth Havek

« on: March 23, 2017, 09:24:58 PM »

What should I do? Has anyone formatted there saber before? That's my last resort if no one can help me here, but I'm worried about losing all my sound fonts and never getting them back. When I plug my saber into the computer my sound fonts don't show up and I'm not able to add any either. I get that error message in the picture below.

This all started when I tried adding a sound font to the saber. The sound font worked, but the one next to it wouldn't. It would just be all static. All the other sound fonts work fine though. It won't allow me to update either. I get another error message. If anyone can help that would be awesome. I made another post about this, but now I have more information I wanted to add. And I did contact Ultrasabers and while they were trying their best to help me my saber is still having issues. So I figured I'd ask someone here so I'm not constantly bothering Ultrasabers.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »

Hey ya buddygroove,

I'm glad you emailed US. 

Like I mentioned, I've never had to do that.  I did DL the Obs V4 fonts though, and actually installed the "BlackStar" font on a V3.  It wouldn't be that difficult to do.

I recommend waiting to see if any other member has experience with that too.

If you do indeed have to format, here's a link to a step-by-step process: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28888.msg426753#msg426753

I hope you get everything worked out in short order. Smiley

Also, you shouldn't feel bad about "bothering" the folks at US.  This is what they do.  Besides, you purchased the saber from them; I'm more than certain that they'd like to see it work perfectly, just as much as you do. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:26:58 PM »

I'm going to give it a few days and see if anyone can help before formatting. I have another saber coming soon anyway that should keep me occupied. lol

Thanks for the link. Grin Grin

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 12:03:15 AM »

I'm going to give it a few days and see if anyone can help before formatting. I have another saber coming soon anyway that should keep me occupied. lol

Thanks for the link. Grin Grin

Formatting is nothing to be afraid of. Its usually the first thing I do when I get a new saber. Both to get all the default V4 soundfonts off the board, as well as to reduce the number of soundbanks to around 4. This way I have more memory per bank allowing me to fit more high quality fonts on the soundboard.

If some of your soundfont files have become corrupted, or if you tried to load to large a font onto the board and it got all messed up, a re-format could be just what your board needs.
When formatting, really think about how many soundbanks you need. The fewer soundbanks you have, the more memory gets allotted to each bank and the more detailed fonts you cant fit in a bank.

As far as I know formatting the soundboard does not void your warranty. If it works, then there is nothing wrong with your saber and you can begin putting soundfonts onto the board right after formatting. If it doesn't work, then its malfunctioning and it has to go back to US to get repaired anyway. But at least you will know one way or the other.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:39:29 AM »

Gorobulus, you are right. I will reformat and hope for the best. Thanks.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:02:58 PM »

Rapine pointed me to your problem, so here I am Smiley

However, I haven't come across that message before Undecided I think formatting would be the best way, seems that there's a severe problem with one of the font files. But since I don't own a v4 board, I can't tell you for sure...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

buddygroove
Knight Lieutenant

Darth Havek

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:41 AM »

Okay so I formatted the saber and everything seems to be working fine. I loaded two sound fonts so far with no issues. Haven't loaded anymore yet because I don't know how much the emerald driver drains the batteries while going through the process of hooking it up to the computer, formatting it, and loaded two fonts. But it works again so I'm happy.  Smiley The only minor issue is that sometimes when I plug the saber in the computer doesn't recognizes it and I have to unplug and plug it back in until it does. But the computer eventually does recognizes the saber, so I'm not too worried about it.

So thanks to all of you that helped me out. I really appreciate it. I've been giving points to all of you for doing so. lol  Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: