Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is RGB going away?  (Read 680 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: March 24, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »

I was checking prices for an RGB saber staff with sound, and I saw that the RGB option is completely gone for sabers with sound. Is it completely replaced by emerald/diamond? I actually kind of like the convenience of having the buttons right there but I guess change is inevitable. Sorry if this was covered in the diamond release video, I have a slow connection so I cant always watch all teh vids in their entirety.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »

Option is still there for the Shock with V4 sound (First RGB Saber I could think of). Its only certain hilts that it is available on, is it possible you just happened to pick one where its not an option?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »

It's still there on the War Glaive, Bane and Bellicose too. (three I could think of with RGB) Which saber are you trying to get with RGB?

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if the RGB is phased out at some point.

I can't see it being that popular with the emerald and diamond options available. I would imagine installing all those buttons makes it a hassle to build, too.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »

I can't see it being that popular with the emerald and diamond options available. I would imagine installing all those buttons makes it a hassle to build, too.

Yes, but it does have advantages, like being cheaper.  Plus, some people like the idea of being able to mix colors right in the hilt, not having to have a computer with Windows or OSX (some of us have neither) handy to hook up to in order to run the launcher just to change the color.  Besides, I don't think I've ever seen anyone who knowingly bought an RGB saber say, "Dang!  All those buttons...."  Wink

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »

Haha oh crap I totally forgot its not available on a lot of sabers. I was looking at maybe making another RGB staff and I was wondering why it didnt show up on any of the staffs haha. Duh. Its been a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if the RGB is phased out at some point.

I hope not, its nice being able to switch colors without having to stop and access the saber and get onto a computer. Simplicity is good. I'd prefer if they simplified the button setup, maybe brought it down to a single switch or something. I think the future of Ultrasabers if in lightsabers that can be simplified, and eventually wont even need to be opened up for charging or setup.

Yes, but it does have advantages, like being cheaper.  Plus, some people like the idea of being able to mix colors right in the hilt, not having to have a computer with Windows or OSX (some of us have neither) handy to hook up to in order to run the launcher just to change the color.  Besides, I don't think I've ever seen anyone who knowingly bought an RGB saber say, "Dang!  All those buttons...."  Wink

I'm with you there. My Bellicose and Raven RGBs have never given me an error message yet haha

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: