Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Vibrating blades/hilts  (Read 2645 times)
DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 24, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »

So, I've heard about about how these blades are durable and I've even tested that out. Although, I'm a bit concerned. Sometimes when I hit the blade with my bare palm the blade quivers resulting in a vibration that can sometimes be felt in the hilt. Is this the result of a blade being too loose or is it just because? This also happens sometimes when I'm just randomly swing the blade and tapping hard objects.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:29:21 PM »

So, I've heard about about how these blades are durable and I've even tested that out. Although, I'm a bit concerned. Sometimes when I hit the blade with my bare palm the blade quivers resulting in a vibration that can sometimes be felt in the hilt. Is this the result of a blade being too loose or is it just because? This also happens sometimes when I'm just randomly swing the blade and tapping hard objects.

The vibration should be fine as long as there's no rattling coming from the hilt.  The blades are meant to flex so contact will make them quiver.   Make sure the blade is installed flush against the LED, and also make sure the electronics aren't rattling around because if those do then there's a chance of something coming loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »

The vibration should be fine as long as there's no rattling coming from the hilt.  The blades are meant to flex so contact will make them quiver.   Make sure the blade is installed flush against the LED, and also make sure the electronics aren't rattling around because if those do then there's a chance of something coming loose.

Okay. Sometimes I hear a click sound, would that count as a rattle? I own Initiate V2 and the Aeon V2. It's very subtle, and only comes out when I do a frontal strike.

Deuce808
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

Is it a stunt saber or a saber with a soundboard? Sometimes the fonts click when it switches between clash/hum.  If it's a actual click inside the hilt then maybe fit some foam or other type of cushion in either in front of the battery pack or around it.  If you don't don't pack it tight.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

A noticeable click might either be the LED rattling inside or the battery pack not sitting tight. For the battery pack, put some tape around the part that holds the speaker (the ring structure with the membrane), but make sure that you can still remove the battery pack. Don't make it too thick Wink

If it's coming from the LED, make sure the blade is making good contact with the module. Push it into the hilt as far as possible, but don't overpower! You don't want to damage the LED or the blade. Then tighten the retention screw until you feel noticeable resistance. Another quarter turn, and the blade should sit tight enough.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »

Is it a stunt saber or a saber with a soundboard? Sometimes the fonts click when it switches between clash/hum.  If it's a actual click inside the hilt then maybe fit some foam or other type of cushion in either in front of the battery pack or around it.  If you don't don't pack it tight.

They're v2's, so they're most likely not going to have sound (at least not an US sound card).

A noticeable click might either be the LED rattling inside or the battery pack not sitting tight. For the battery pack, put some tape around the part that holds the speaker (the ring structure with the membrane), but make sure that you can still remove the battery pack. Don't make it too thick Wink

If it's coming from the LED, make sure the blade is making good contact with the module. Push it into the hilt as far as possible, but don't overpower! You don't want to damage the LED or the blade. Then tighten the retention screw until you feel noticeable resistance. Another quarter turn, and the blade should sit tight enough.

Since they probably don't have sound, and if it's coming from the battery pack, wrap one layer of electrical tape around it.  If it's still a little loose, wrap a second. That should keep it snug.

What type of blades are they, mid or heavy grade?  Mid flex more than heavy and it could be the sound of the blade flexing or flexing back, or the blade film moving.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »

Okay. Sometimes I hear a click sound, would that count as a rattle? I own Initiate V2 and the Aeon V2. It's very subtle, and only comes out when I do a frontal strike.

I have a Dominix v2 (the dark version of your Aeon), and it has the same problem (if you can call it that). However, my Dark Apprentice LE v4 does not have that problem. I imagine it has something to do with the v2 emitter as well as the length of the blade. How long is the blade you have?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 02:26:00 AM »

I have a Dominix v2 (the dark version of your Aeon), and it has the same problem (if you can call it that). However, my Dark Apprentice LE v4 does not have that problem. I imagine it has something to do with the v2 emitter as well as the length of the blade. How long is the blade you have?

Supposedly they're both 36 inches. Although when I took them out of the hilts, the Aeon blade was longer. So I'm guessing that's because one consumes more of the blade than the other, or the Aeon blade is about 40 inches. I need to actually measure them, though.

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:26:50 AM »

They're v2's, so they're most likely not going to have sound (at least not an US sound card).

Since they probably don't have sound, and if it's coming from the battery pack, wrap one layer of electrical tape around it.  If it's still a little loose, wrap a second. That should keep it snug.

What type of blades are they, mid or heavy grade?  Mid flex more than heavy and it could be the sound of the blade flexing or flexing back, or the blade film moving.

Ultra edge Heavy Grade. Both of them.

java_saint
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 02:27:54 AM »

Sometimes when I hit the blade with my bare palm the blade quivers resulting in a vibration that can sometimes be felt in the hilt.

Touching hard blades with your bare palm may result in quivers and vibrations and cause the blades to explode, making a mess. You should always avoid touching any hard blades, especially when they are feeling hot and heavy.

Michievous and slightly risque joking aside, tighten the hex blade screw with an allen key. It should fix the problem. Do note however, that due to the blade flexing and bending and shifting from being tightened with only one screw, it will eventually start to quiver again, so you will need to tighten it again. Wink

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 02:31:23 AM »

Touching hard blades with your bare palm may result in quivers and vibrations and cause the blades to explode, making a mess.

Michievous and slightly risque joking aside, tighten the hex blade screw with an allen key. It should fix the problem. Do note however, that due to the blade flexing and bending and shifting from being tightened with only one screw, it will eventually start to quiver again, so you will need to tighten it again. Wink

That actually sometimes helps; I was just wondering if there was some other cause.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 02:39:31 AM »

Supposedly they're both 36 inches. Although when I took them out of the hilts, the Aeon blade was longer. So I'm guessing that's because one consumes more of the blade than the other, or the Aeon blade is about 40 inches. I need to actually measure them, though.
Ultra edge Heavy Grade. Both of them.

Okay, that's what I have. I think it is probably just the looseness of the blade, and the length. When I put my 32" MG blade in, it is just fine. Once you are fighting with them, it doesn't matter. You can't really tell.

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 02:42:20 AM »

Okay, that's what I have. I think it is probably just the looseness of the blade, and the length. When I put my 32" MG blade in, it is just fine. Once you are fighting with them, it doesn't matter. You can't really tell.

That's good. As long at it doesn't come apart on me and I can live with a small click. Occasional tightening is not an issue either.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 02:43:30 AM »

That's good. As long at it doesn't come apart on me and I can live with a small click. Occasional tightening is not an issue either.

It shouldn't. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

DragonWitchPrincess
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 02:44:00 AM »

It shouldn't. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Awesome, thanks a lot. 😊😊

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: