Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dual Blade Phantom V4 + grab bag  (Read 1619 times)
Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: March 24, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

Well i am going to start with the good. Sadly that is the grab bag I received I seem to have great luck with these. I got a  Apprentice LE v4 without windows red blade and it is just in fantastic shape no dings scuffs or anything . And Half of my dual Phantom came out great. I planned to show all my sabers off at Adepticon this year which is my local geek convention. Well I will be doing it with half of my blade. cause as I was looking at the other hilt there is a sizable ding beside the handgrip. I certainly expect better from something I paid to have made. and not to mention the coupler I received still had burrs and was very unfinished compared to the pommels I have. Its sad that Both of my Grabbags have been near perfection but the one I really wanted to show off is in this state pictured is both of my grabbags and my Phantom  

Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 12:32:58 AM »

And please any ideas for touching this up or distressing this further will be greatly appreciated . It will no longer be a staff sadly and might just go to the 5 year old.  Maybe I am just being too picky but I would have expected this from the grab bag not a actual commission

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:58:05 AM »

Have you contacted Ultrasabers and given them a chance to address this issue before posting about it?

And if I understand you correctly, you're not going to show it off and will probably give it away because it has this ding?

These hilts are made out of aluminum, a soft metal, and they scratch and ding easily. Unless you keep your sabers locked behind a glass display case, they will get dinged and scratched up. A dab of black nail polish would probably get the job done.

Not to be offensive, but I am not silver tongued, I only know how to be blunt. You are right to not be happy that it came with this ding, but I think you are overreacting. That is not a sizeable ding. Granted the picture may not show it adequately, but from what I can see, if it were any smaller, it wouldn't be a ding, it would be pristine.

Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »

If I pay $150+ for a item I expect pristine. The two grab bags I got were in better shape and those are supposed to be buyer beware on purchase due to showroom floor use and manufacturing defects. I am posting the review honestly as I bought it solely for a cosplay and you would think QA would have caught this. They came through on delivery but not quality of a commission and was a test between me buying this and a $500 saber. If the QA is this poor on commissions with a $200 saber then I am not plopping down $500+. As others have posted grab bags are the appetizer your first custom is the meal. And I am not happy with the meal. It's a honest review. While I love my sabers it is a bit of a let down in expectations

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 06:04:07 AM »

I've spent far more money and have far bigger problems with my ultrasabers than you. The difference is, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting until it is fully resolved (one way or the other) before posting my own honest review. Stay tuned.

Any time humans are involved, mistakes can happen. What matters more is how people and companies respond to those mistakes.

That you would publicly complain about a mistake before giving them a chance to make it right says more about you than it does about Ultrasabers.

Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 06:17:36 AM »

It was for this weekend. No chance in making it right cause I ain't got the time for BS of sending it back.

Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 06:46:58 AM »

Either way it's a fair review of what I had in my hand. As Mr Loaf once said 2 out of 3 ain't bad. My boy loves it and now I will be dual wielding my GB and Phantom half that I am happy with. And still gonna hand out ultra sabers business cards to people who seem interested in where I had them made.

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »

I apologize for coming across so harsh. I'm a bit frustrated, too. Wink

Stick around, I hope to have my matters completed in another week or two, and I guarantee there will be at least one genuine facepalm moment incoming. Then you'll feel a lot better about your ding. Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:17:46 PM »

I say weather it up some more. The warrior's saber staff Tongue Kind of getting a cool backstory for this now actually. That could be from a Jedi's blade hitting or having to use your hilt to block a blaster bolt such as Obi-wan did, somewhere along those lines. I always feel the same way when I buy whole new sabers but sometimes it doesn't bother me. It'd be sort of like a signature from Ultra Sabers or something if you think about it another way

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kidmo32
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 05:05:28 AM »

I made my 5 year olds day and combined my phantom and my dark standard issue v3 into a staff. And gave him the scuffed one.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:38:42 AM »

I want to get a phantom v4 staff stunt in the future and I would be disappointed too if it came like that.  Also I agree that paying for shipping back to fix something that truly is a manufacturer's defect especially when paying full price for new, is not something that I would be cool with.  Maybe ask for some store credit on a future purchase, if they did that I know I would be okay.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: