Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017) - Official Trailer 1  (Read 5497 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: March 25, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw</a>

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 04:10:10 PM »

I don't think it's possible for me to be any more excited about this than I already am.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:44:53 PM »

Still looks dark and gritty, but that's okay. I honestly think that Jason Momoa will steal the show with this one.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »

I know I should be pumped and psyched for this, but given DC's track record, I'm low energy and nervous about this film. However, that may all change once I see Wonder Woman.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »

My only hesitation on the DC movies is the scenes with the obvious green screen - which I hate noticing.  Marvel seems to have nailed that for the most part as it never concerns me there.

I can't help but watch superhero movies they just drive my imagination.  Some are let downs sure - but I'll give them all a chance, lol.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »

It saddens me that I waited so long to see a Justice League film get made...and I have no interest in seeing it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »

With Man of Steel the studio made a big deal about how the movie would be set in "the real world" and we would see how the world would react to the fact we have a powerful alien god in our midsts. However, as the movies have progressed it seems they have abandoned that stance, through both Suicide Squad and BvS, and gone for a more stylised world instead. And that's fine. But as Hazard502 just said, it is quite noticeable in the trailer which scenes are green screen or filmed on a set.

I did like the visual effect for the Flash running though (the blue lightning) although I wish they had made it yellow or red and yellow like in the comics, but that's a minor quibble

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »

I did like the visual effect for the Flash running though (the blue lightning) although I wish they had made it yellow or red and yellow like in the comics, but that's a minor quibble

My biggest quibble with The Flash's powers (other than the coloration of the lightning) is how they seem to be making it so the lightning is more wild and unpredictable when he's moving about. I'm sorry, but the lightning does not traditionally strike random objects around him. If it did, he'd wind up hurting a ton of people around him just with a run-by.

Plus, is it just me or does the suit look plasticky?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 06:50:53 PM »

I really wish I could remember where I had read it, and I don't know how accurate it is, but apparently Barry used a 3D printer, and a high tech body suit from NASA to piece the suit together.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »

I really wish I could remember where I had read it, and I don't know how accurate it is, but apparently Barry used a 3D printer, and a high tech body suit from NASA to piece the suit together.

*facepalm*

Seriously?

Farking seriously?

At least the TV show made it so the suit was a prototype for a new fire protection suit, which would logically be able to withstand the heat generated by moving at high velocity.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 07:14:27 PM »

*facepalm*

Seriously?

Farking seriously?

At least the TV show made it so the suit was a prototype for a new fire protection suit, which would logically be able to withstand the heat generated by moving at high velocity.

Except that in the comics Barry is surrounded by an aura created by the Speed Force when he runs, which protects him from friction related effects. The TV show is different in that regard.

Speed Force Aura: The Flash's body is surrounded by what he calls his "speed force aura". This aura protects him and anyone who is running with him or carried by him, from the effects of using his speed. This includes friction and airborne particulate matter. It may also protect him from injury from high speed impacts such as punches he delivers and receives from his opponents. He does seem to possess some level of superhuman resistance to injury but this does not extend far past normal physical interactions, as received from normal combat.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »

Yeah. A lil bit.

I agree with you though that Momoa will steal the movie, along with Gadot.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 07:27:13 PM »

I agree with you though that Momoa will steal the movie, along with Gadot.

I hope so cause I think this would add a fresh flavour missing from the past few shows if that makes sense.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »

I hope so cause I think this would add a fresh flavour missing from the past few shows if that makes sense.
Makes total sense.

I will also say that the shot of Batman in costume standing on a rock looking down from the preview trailer was AWESOME. And it just reinforces what I've said about Zack Synder, that his movies always LOOK amazing. But he always falls down on story narrative and character arcs.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »

I'm a little underwhelmed - the flash looks cool though.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: