Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mantis Emitter Customizations?  (Read 1253 times)
JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« on: March 27, 2017, 01:15:45 AM »

So I need me a curved hilt saber, but the emitter on the Mantis doesnt really do it for me. I'd love to see some customizations others have done pm the Mantis, particularly for the emitter. US did a fine job with the saber and its great, but it just doesnt speak to me as it is. I'd LOVE to see a curved hilt Scorpion, or the scorpon emitter on a mantis, even though I know that wouldnt be an exact fit. A reaper emitter could be cool too. I'd love to just discuss ideas and customizations for the mantis I eventually plan to get. I'm probably going to get it in red or blue, or maybe with a QD so I can switch it from red to blue and back again. It'd be really cool if I could get it in purple and install a second button thatd cycle the colors.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:39:30 AM »

I think a Dark Arbiter emitter would look sweet actually <3 But I just love the rounded type emitters so Tongue Or a Manticore CE emitter even. This is giving me ideas now Tongue The stock blade depth looks kinda deep though so the retention screw dents might show uup above the Dark Arbiter emitter x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 02:57:29 AM »

I think a Dark Arbiter emitter would look sweet actually <3 But I just love the rounded type emitters so Tongue Or a Manticore CE emitter even. This is giving me ideas now Tongue The stock blade depth looks kinda deep though so the retention screw dents might show uup above the Dark Arbiter emitter x.x

I'd definitely like to see something kind of flanged, the stock emitter might be workable if I could change it up a bit too, I'm not sure, gotta see what it looks like.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 03:42:25 AM »

Firehand can chime in on this one for you if he don't mind and has the time. Was a joy to handle one in person Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

OlynKhorn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -47

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 04:19:46 AM »

The Archon V2 emitter works pretty well in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightsabers owned: Dark Apprentice V4 LE saber staff in Blazing Red, Dominix V4 in Blazing Red, Mantis in Consular Green, Fulcrum in Guardian Blue, Archon V3 in Sentinel Yellow, Intiate V4 LE saber staff in Consular Green, Renegade LE saberspear in FO, Dark Catalyst in VA

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 06:13:48 AM »

The Archon V2 emitter works pretty well in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty good suggestion. Thanks a bunch! I'll definitely put that in the maybe pile.

Firehand can chime in on this one for you if he don't mind and has the time. Was a joy to handle one in person Tongue

Oh? Does he have a lot of mantis customization stuff going on?

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 07:23:22 AM »

So I need me a curved hilt saber, but the emitter on the Mantis doesnt really do it for me. I'd love to see some customizations others have done pm the Mantis, particularly for the emitter. US did a fine job with the saber and its great, but it just doesnt speak to me as it is. I'd LOVE to see a curved hilt Scorpion, or the scorpon emitter on a mantis, even though I know that wouldnt be an exact fit. A reaper emitter could be cool too. I'd love to just discuss ideas and customizations for the mantis I eventually plan to get. I'm probably going to get it in red or blue, or maybe with a QD so I can switch it from red to blue and back again. It'd be really cool if I could get it in purple and install a second button thatd cycle the colors.
Feelin the same way, myself. Almost bought a curved Reaper at FanX this month, but decided it was too skinny and "tube like" for my taste. I'm thinking of the Mantis with a Menace emitter would be pretty slick.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »

Feelin the same way, myself. Almost bought a curved Reaper at FanX this month, but decided it was too skinny and "tube like" for my taste. I'm thinking of the Mantis with a Menace emitter would be pretty slick.

I already asked to buy a curved reaper but they said its convention only. My Reaper has been modified a lot too and I cut some parts off, so I'd need to do that on a curved model too, but still, a curved reaper would have some character and be more of a saber for me. I actually very much like the feel and look of the Reaper once the windowed emitter part has been removed and the claw joined to the silver shroud.

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:01 PM »

I fully customized the Mantis I got for my wife, leaving just the curve, sleeve, and the electronics, but we were quite happy with the results!

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2017, 02:45:45 AM »

I fully customized the Mantis I got for my wife, leaving just the curve, sleeve, and the electronics, but we were quite happy with the results!

Thats looking pretty cool, not bad.

I think I might just end up having to wait til they make the curved reaper available for online ordering....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: