Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Review of the Lost Gray  (Read 1974 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« on: March 27, 2017, 02:01:48 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_22_9231G8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_22_9231G8</a>

One thing I forgot to mention is that the emitter is MHS compatible as well - as I discovered here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33068.msg549148#msg549148

I really like the stock pommel but sometimes I can't help but make some small changes when I can, love MHS Smiley

I also installed QD's though it's a bit of a pain trying to get the wires back into the hilt down the deep channel of the shroud, but I like having the option to switch colors.

Cheers!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 02:47:43 AM »

Sweet!  Smiley

Nice Review . . . glad you are happy with it.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:10:22 AM »

Nice. I was about to ask what font is on the Prophecy too then I heard the Kylo Ren power off Tongue The one on the Archon sounds cool too actually

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:23:00 AM »

Cool review! Thanks for sharing!

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »

Appreciate it guys, thank you!

@Zren - the font on my Archon is one of my favourites and it's from the "other guys" tweaked to work on Obs.  And it's definitly the kylo font on the Prophecy Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »

Spectacular review haz!

That Tri-Cree looks so bright and vivid!  CG is also one of my favourite colours, and I adore the look of it on my Prophecy. Smiley

I'm also a huge fan of FoC, so don't own a Tri-Cree yet - thanks for the comparison, and explanation.

Great to see your Archon as well. Wink

Thanks for showing us the example of the girth...that really helps me judge the size.  It does look very comfortable with minimal "greeblies" on there. Tongue

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »

Man, I need to add sound to mine.

Great review, bro.  I really like that setup you have there, the gold buttons are fantastic and I like the Bellicose pommel on there.  What you need now is a gold plated (NOT anodized) AV switch to match those other buttons.  Interesting comparison on the three greens, with the standard, RGB and Tri Cree.  Not a lot of people do that, so that was useful information.  Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »

Excellent review Haz!  You have quick disconnects on your Prophecy?
Without sounding gay, you have really nice hands or at least a nice left one.😉 I got my dad's knobby looking fingers.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »

*face in hands - shaking head*

+1 @ Jediseth

(haz the hand model Grin)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

@Lord Rapine - Actually my Archon felt amazing to handle(!) - hadn't taken it out in a while, but . . .  Cry  (hehe . . .  Wink)  And thx my friend!

@scifi - The V4 board is a great balance for mute on the fly - which I use often cause I get in too much trouble from my wife in the evenings lol.  But love that sound and can't go without it!  Great idea on the gold switch although, I like the slight restraint with the silver switch being a standout Smiley

@Jediseth - Lol, I understand what you mean . . . I actually use Force Persuasion during my reviews now so thats why you see my hand waving about Tongue  I install QD's on all my (well mine and my kids') non-emerald hilts - just an extra step to be involved and personalize them.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 06:48:22 PM »

Haz, are you getting extra QD off US or TCSS? I have been wanting to get some of those.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »

Great review! Good work on showing the girth there. Wasn't a fan of how ginormous the Fulcrum is but the Lost Gray is now something I'm considering. Point Smiley

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 11:52:59 PM »

@Jediseth - TCSS, I get most of my DIY stuff there but you can find better prices on Amazon for other items like different style AV switches and stuff.

@HoverFloat - Thanks!  The little bit of extra width is noticeable because hey, it's a shroud . . . but it's not a detractor to the hilt IMO.  It adds to the distinctiveness of it - it's not like anything else I have and I like that part of it too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: