Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond saber default package.  (Read 5657 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »

I placed my order already with the flash sale RGBW. But that gold is really nice. Next time Dimond RGBA. Thanks!

Oh. Yeah.  Duh!

I'm sure you'll love it!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

i noticed someting
i watched emory's videos on the diamond controller
while watching the video where he demonstrates the different soundfonts-as he switches to the "sith" setting-i noticed something.
the boot up sound -usually just the activation sound-added the word "sith" to it
did they update that?

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »

Jediseth - You've probably heard us say this before, but the choice comes down to this:  How much are you going to use Adegan Silver as a main blade color?

If the answer is "Some " to "Often", then you want RGBW.

If the answer is "almost Never" to "Never", you definitely want RGBA.

I haven't been able to color mix an Adegan Silver on RGBA that is as nice as a White LED no matter how hard I've tried.  It is perfectly fine, however, for FOC.
But the Amber die does give you MUCH richer colors in the Red through Yellow mix spectrum.
Just mixing Red & Green seems a bit . . . I don't know, Neon-y or something to me.
Adding Amber makes it a lot WARMER.  Much nicer tone.
In particular, I've always loved this color I call Gold using RGA @100%:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24513.msg367833#msg367833

To my eyes, that looks a lot nicer than the standard R+G Sentinel Yellows you see on here.
That's my opinion, anyway!  Best wishes on your final choice!

Lord Canterbury - Thank you for the excellent RGBA vs. RGBW distinction.  I am plotting my way towards a Diamond saber - likely an Emperor's Hand or Guardian - which will be primarily Yellow/Gold, Green, or Blue depending on what is in my off-hand (if anything).  Previously I had defaulted to RGBW in my mind, as I figured that white FOC was the best option for numerous colors.  However, as I do not intend to use a silver blade at all, I am reversing course now, and definitely going with RGBA after seeing your pic of a brilliant gold and the descriptions you gave.

Thanks!!!

-Jedi Sentinel Vervidian

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 08:52:47 PM »

Lord Canterbury - Thank you for the excellent RGBA vs. RGBW distinction.  I am plotting my way towards a Diamond saber - likely an Emperor's Hand or Guardian - which will be primarily Yellow/Gold, Green, or Blue depending on what is in my off-hand (if anything).  Previously I had defaulted to RGBW in my mind, as I figured that white FOC was the best option for numerous colors.  However, as I do not intend to use a silver blade at all, I am reversing course now, and definitely going with RGBA after seeing your pic of a brilliant gold and the descriptions you gave.

Thanks!!!

-Jedi Sentinel Vervidian
Agreed! NICE picture, LC! Oh the richness of color! It's jumping out at me. Really accentuates the Dark War Glaive emitter nicely, too.

My Bellicose has RGBA, and I was playing around with it last night. Definitely liked the R+A 100% as well as R+G+A 100%, like yours.  It sure photographs well.  Point to you!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 02:38:54 PM »

Oh no.  NO!  NOOOO!!!!!

For a brief moment in time, my # of posts and my Force alignment were both... 66!!!!!

I think I'll hide under my desk the rest of the day.  (At least this post pushed me to 67...)

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »

Oh no.  NO!  NOOOO!!!!!

For a brief moment in time, my # of posts and my Force alignment were both... 66!!!!!

I think I'll hide under my desk the rest of the day.  (At least this post pushed me to 67...)

66 is a great route for a long motorcycle ride. Now when you hit triple six and that happens then hide.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: