Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 2 channel emerald driver in blue and amber  (Read 2879 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« on: March 28, 2017, 05:14:04 AM »

What colors can you get with a blue and amber 2 channel emerald driver?  I've looked in the forum and saw where some people assume you would get greens but I seriously doubt that since light is additive and the primary colors are red green and blue.  Not subtractive like paint in which blue and yellow would make green.  Also I have seen one picture of 100% blue and 100% amber and it looked like lavender to me unless I am mistaken.  So with blue and amber, is orange possible?  What other colors are possible with just blue and amber?  Or do you just get like weird shades of blue because it overpowers the amber? Huh

And lastly is it just me or have 2 channel emerald drivers recently been removed as options from the website? Huh

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »

It's my understanding that US no longer offers 2 channel Emerald.  It's 4 channel or nothing.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 02:15:14 PM »

2 channel drivers?

2 channel. 

Now that's an option I haven't seen in a long time. A long time.

And yes, Amber & Blue make light shades of Purple.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26437.msg398148#msg398148

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:24:58 PM »

2 channel drivers?

2 channel. 

Now that's an option I haven't seen in a long time. A long time.

And yes, Amber & Blue make light shades of Purple.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=26437.msg398148#msg398148

Nice reference  Grin I always wondered why they got rid of 2 channel. I'm not sure what they use(d), but if they used RGBW/A LEDs to make all of their emerald sabers, it would make sense to just offer the full four channel. If they had custom 2 channel LEDs ordered for each 2 channel option, then it would probably make sense for them to streamline the bulk order and sales output processes by just offering the four channel and only getting those LEDs.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:47:50 PM »

I always wondered why they got rid of 2 channel.

As I understand it, people got mad when their 2 channel blue and red lightsaber couldn't make green. (and other issues of that nature) Despite it being a wetware issue as opposed to a hardware issue, US found it easier to simply remove the option.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:02:57 PM »

Yeah, basically people would buy a 2 channel because it was $50 cheaper without understanding the implications.

So they would order the B+G setup, and request the initial setting be something like Violet Amethyst with Silver FOC.

Duh.

When US would let them know that won't work, they usually got pissed off about it like it was somehow US' fault they didn't understand that Blue & Green can't make Purple  Roll Eyes . . . it wasn't worth the constant headache.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »

When US would let them know that won't work, they usually got pissed off about it like it was somehow US' fault they didn't understand that Blue & Green can't make Purple  Roll Eyes . . . it wasn't worth the constant headache.

Yep, definitely a wetware issue. Wink You can't fix those nearly as easily as you can fix hardware issues, so it was easier to just dump the option.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:50 PM »

Yep, definitely a wetware issue. Wink You can't fix those nearly as easily as you can fix hardware issues, so it was easier to just dump the option.

Well that's a much simpler issue than I thought  Roll Eyes glad it saves them the trouble then

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:55:22 AM »

I know the option for all the different 2 channel emeralds was in the drop down menu just a couple weeks ago.  Maybe it was just a remnant that was there from when they were available but I have just learned about ultrasabers since about the middle of January and it was definitely part of their website until the diamond sabers were released.  Never actually tried to order one so maybe they would not make like you guys are saying, but I know for sure the option was there in the drop down of emerald sabers until recently.  Oh well, out with the old, in with the new I guess.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 02:12:54 AM »

They might have been doing something with the site that accidentally pointed to the old template.  But trust me - they haven't been for sale for probably close to a year now.

Unless . . . maybe they will convert the Emerald option to only 2-channels?

It might make sense. 

That way a 2-channel Emerald with Sound would be $80 less than Diamond.

Right now, it's only $30 more so I kinda think, personally, if you are spending that much money to begin with, you'd be kind of crazy to get Emerald over Diamond with how much more you get for $30.

But now if you're talking $80 less and you still get a saber that has significantly more functionality than Obsidian only . . . I can definitely see a lot of people going that route.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 12:50:35 AM »

They might have been doing something with the site that accidentally pointed to the old template.  But trust me - they haven't been for sale for probably close to a year now.

Unless . . . maybe they will convert the Emerald option to only 2-channels?

It's been less than a year, because I have only been here for less than 6 months, and they were still here when I first joined. But it has been a while since I have seen them, and I have been configuring an Emerald saber about once a week.

That would really stink, because I don't want Obs v4 on my next saber that I want, so it is actually 40$ more for me. (I know, it isn't really that much more, but it is enough that I don't want to spend that much more right now)

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 02:32:22 AM »

Hmmm . . . maybe I am "misremembering" things . . . I have a 2 year old running around with a crazy Siberian Husky; that scrambles the brains . . . but I'm pretty sure it was the Raffle in June 2016 we noticed the 1st place winners all seemed to get 4-channels instead of 2-channels and they went away soon after.  So not 'literally' a year but it's been a while.

I KNOW they were gone by when the Electrum Wind came out (September?) because I remember pricing one . . . 4-channel only . . . and certainly nobody even talked about getting Red + Blue Driver w/ v4 Sound which would have been a lot of people's ideal way to go on that if it was an option.  Smiley

(If I'm wrong and someone reading this has a 2-channel EW, please let me know I've lost my marbles. Thanks!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »

You might be right. I joined in October, but now that I think about it more, they may have been gone before that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: