Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING: OFFICIAL TRAILER No. 2  (Read 1528 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: March 28, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »

Forget Justice League. Marvel and Sony have one-upped them (again).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHGZjDguqw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGHGZjDguqw</a>

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »

That was fantastic!

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:32:04 PM »

... Weirdly enough I'm not digging this.

I've been getting a distinctly empty feeling from these trailers so far, and I think it's because we haven't been given a strong sense of who this Peter is yet. His introductory scene with Tony in CIVIL WAR gave a pretty decent set up of his motivation (which is, ya know, Uncle Ben and all that), but I've yet to see it dramatized in a satisfactory way. Tobey's Spidey has a clear, human psychology, Andrew's was all over the place, but Tom is just coming across as a soundboard so far.

The most I've felt from these trailers was in the first minute or so of the first one, where it focused on Peter's high school life (with a really solid song choice if I may add) and that's what I'm most looking forward to about this movie. I LOVE the young cast and think they're the real draw because we've yet to see Spidey's supporting cast reach their full potential in the movies, but each of these trailers has been focusing on the standard superhero action beats that just feel tiring now.

So, as a Spider-Man fan, this is sending mixed signals that ultimately cancel each other out to become a giant wad of nothing, which is not what I want from Spidey. At this point, I'm just hoping these trailers aren't representative of the final product (which seems like a solid hope because I'm pretty sure Sony is handling the marketing).

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

While I can respect what LB said, I have to disagree. This trailer looks awesome, and from what I've seen of Tom's Spidey so far, it looks like he is doing the perfect Spider-Man. Much better than Andrew (who I didn't mind other than the fact that he was like 30 instead of 16). Seeing him thinking he is nothing without his suit, and then seeing him in his old suit showing Tony and the world what he really is was awesome. I loved the fact that they brought in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was cool too. All in all, this movie looks great. However, I also think JL looks great, but in a different way. I don't think I'm digging the flying spider drone thingy, but other than that, it looks amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »

While I can respect what LB said, I have to disagree. This trailer looks awesome, and from what I've seen of Tom's Spidey so far, it looks like he is doing the perfect Spider-Man. Much better than Andrew (who I didn't mind other than the fact that he was like 30 instead of 16). Seeing him thinking he is nothing without his suit, and then seeing him in his old suit showing Tony and the world what he really is was awesome. I loved the fact that they brought in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was cool too. All in all, this movie looks great. However, I also think JL looks great, but in a different way. I don't think I'm digging the flying spider drone thingy, but other than that, it looks amazing.

I think your observation about him showing the world who he really is is great. In the larger scheme of the MCU, this is a clever way to get down to the essence of the character considering he had his introduction in a previous movie.

I think a lot of my apprehension comes from a desire to see traditional storytelling again. I haven't been enjoying what Marvel's been doing lately (which is weird; I used to be their #1 fan) because it seems their process is to shoot the movie, see what doesn't work, then do extensive reshoots to fix it. In all cases, this seems like a movie-saving process that makes everything watchable, but I miss the story being planned out ahead of time. It makes movies feel more alive rather than like a Frankenstein concoction (which, if we're going to be honest, every movie is a Frankenstein concoction; the best are just good at hiding it Cheesy).

Also, what do you think makes the perfect Spidey?

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »

Oh. . . yes.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 10:45:20 PM »

Also, what do you think makes the perfect Spidey?

That is actually a really hard question to answer. While I did say that Tom is the perfect Spidey, I should have said that he is as close to the perfect Spidey as I think you can make in a movie. As to what makes a perfect Spidey, I'd have to think about how to describe it, but there are things that I can think of right now. Things like the way he acts. Tom acts exactly like I think a 2017 Peter Parker/Spider-Man would. Same with his clothing style, and perfect use of humor and speaking while he fights. Also his random nerd stuff that comes out, as well as his almost timid attitude as Peter. Mostly just stuff like that. It is kinda hard to explain what I think makes a perfect Spidey.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 11:22:39 PM »

That is actually a really hard question to answer. While I did say that Tom is the perfect Spidey, I should have said that he is as close to the perfect Spidey as I think you can make in a movie. As to what makes a perfect Spidey, I'd have to think about how to describe it, but there are things that I can think of right now. Things like the way he acts. Tom acts exactly like I think a 2017 Peter Parker/Spider-Man would. Same with his clothing style, and perfect use of humor and speaking while he fights. Also his random nerd stuff that comes out, as well as his almost timid attitude as Peter. Mostly just stuff like that. It is kinda hard to explain what I think makes a perfect Spidey.

It's surprisingly hard for me too. Let's try this: if you had to strip him down to one or two core traits what would they be?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 12:04:51 AM »

It's surprisingly hard for me too. Let's try this: if you had to strip him down to one or two core traits what would they be?

His love for Aunt May, and his want or "need" almost to help and do good.

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »

I loved everything about this trailer haha. The only thing that's a little weird to me is how his chest emblem works. In the first two trailers we saw it helps him get in and out of the otherwise skin tight suit. Ok cool i understand that (though i wondered how it doesnt get accidently hit) but now....that same emblem also works as a spidey drone? How does that work? If he sends out the tracer drone and it gets blown up or lost...can he not get out of his suit then? lol Just an odd addition to have it work like that.

Also spidey to me has an overwhelming sense of wanting to do good but without the seriousness and sense of duty as say Captain America. Hes the awkward hero who doesnt quite know how to deal with the other heroes and is a little intimidated and awestruck by them at first but also is cracking a joke in the back while everyone else is grim. He certainly has a laundry list of tragic events but he usually still goes into a fight taunting and joking not silent or screaming. You can't have spidey without him being a bit of an annoying joker during a fight yet also ready to do whatever he can to protect people.

Tobeys spidey was too serious to fully be spidey to me. We never really saw him laugh or crack a joke. Also the way they gave him his powers we didnt get to see that peter even without spider powers is a REALLY smart kid.

Andrew i liked more because he had the spidey banter in fights and still was the awesome inventor kid he was meant to. His issue was handling the awkward and emotional side of peter. It often became quiet and fumbling words and just random outbursts. While it wasnt terrible there was just something about it that didnt fit for me until i saw Tom in Civil war and in these trailers.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 12:12:16 AM »

It's like Marvel doesn't even have to try to make it look good - plus depth of character.  Looking fwd to a quality Spider-Man - I like this kid and Robert will help keep it on the level.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: