Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate V4 LE--My first sabers  (Read 2015 times)
Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« on: April 01, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »

Okay,
While I was very happy with the saber hilt props that I made for my Sith Warrior cosplay, I decided to step up the game a LOT.
To that end, I decided to pick up a couple of new lightsaber props.

Inspired by what I saw at their display during Salt Lake Comic-con FanX, I decided to grab a couple of hilts from Ultrasabers.
They are the "Dark Initiate" V4 LE, with "Dark Warglaive" pommels.
They are both equipped with the Ultra Edge Heavy Duty blades and Violet Amethyst LEDs.
The only difference between the two is that one has the Obsidian Lite sound, while the other doesn't.
I also picked up blade plugs for both hilts, as well as a coupler for joining them into a saberstaff

The hilts are VERY well made, and priced reasonably for what you're getting.
They feel really good in my hands, either with a single hand, or both hands. They're well balanced. The sound isn't over-powering.
I was also impressed that it only took a week from me ordering them, until their arrival. Would have likely taken less if I hadn't ordered them on a Saturday night Wink

Pics of what I recieved:

Me with the sabers:

Youtube link:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2ykeAa-UA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q2ykeAa-UA</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »

Great looking sabers!  I love the dark LE hilts, they're fantastic with the black and silver.  I also like your choice of pommels, they really complete the look.  Violet Amethyst is a great color, just watch as your batteries start to die.  Since you have resistors and not a buck puck, your blue LED won't get enough juice and your blade will start turning red after a time.  That's especially so on the one with sound, as the Obsidian Lite will drain power more quickly.  But, just keep some fresh AAA batteries on hand and you'll be good to go.  Smiley

Since you said you cosplay as a Sith Warrior, I gave you a dark side point for the great review and for the Batman Beyond shirt and nerd room.  I really like your collection of models.  Grin

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 08:24:22 PM »

Thanks.
I wanted something of a different look for my hilts than the standard, and the Dark Warglaive fit the part perfectly.
Also, thanks for the warning on the lights

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 08:47:21 PM »

Also, thanks for the warning on the lights

No problem.  Just passing on what another forum member warned me about before I bought a VA saber.  Apparently, it's worse with that color than some others because the red is so underpowered compared to the blue.  So, the blue starts fading as the batteries die, but the red keeps going due to its lower power requirements.  The buck puck somehow keeps the power levels constant so that you don't lose the blue as your batteries die, the saber just eventually shuts off.  Wink

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 12:03:17 AM »

Yeah I usually get me a couple big box of AAA batteries for all my sabers. I love the Violet Amethyst blade color =] Glad I'm not the only one to use it as a Sith blade color Tongue Also the horizontal and vertical grooves from the pommel look cool and match perfectly I think especially with the emitter windows. I got a Dominix V3 LE in Violet amethyst currently with half my Guardian pommel. I might get me a Manticore low pro pommel for it though next week

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 12:07:46 AM »

Your Avatar would indicate there can be only one . . . but there's two!

(Bad joke. I know. You'll probably change it tomorrow making it worse.)

But those are TWO great sabers you have there . . . and likewise I'm an avid supporter of the DWG pommel for V series Dark LE hilts.  Smiley

Incoming point for the share, and welcome to the club!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 12:11:28 AM »

Glad I'm not the only one to use it as a Sith blade color Tongue

It's a Sith blade color in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.  In fact, that's one of the best ways to get violet crystals for your sabers, take them from Sith sabers.  Wink

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 05:42:52 PM »

Yeah I usually get me a couple big box of AAA batteries for all my sabers. I love the Violet Amethyst blade color =] Glad I'm not the only one to use it as a Sith blade color Tongue Also the horizontal and vertical grooves from the pommel look cool and match perfectly I think especially with the emitter windows. I got a Dominix V3 LE in Violet amethyst currently with half my Guardian pommel. I might get me a Manticore low pro pommel for it though next week
I agree on the look of the hilts with the vertical/horizontal lines
And I am definitely getting a large pack of AAAs thiks weekend

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »

Your Avatar would indicate there can be only one . . . but there's two!

(Bad joke. I know. You'll probably change it tomorrow making it worse.)

But those are TWO great sabers you have there . . . and likewise I'm an avid supporter of the DWG pommel for V series Dark LE hilts.  Smiley

Incoming point for the share, and welcome to the club!

Yours looks pretty good there, too. Thanks for the welcome

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: