Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 176911 times)
Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« on: April 03, 2017, 08:11:24 PM »

So since we have a guns thread I figured we needed a thread for something equally dangerous. Knives.

So I'll start us off this is the only knife I have right now as we had to sell a lot of things when we moved to our current house. I went on  vacation and picked up a new souvenir knife. It's got a 440 stainless steel blade with a redwood handle. It's very comfortable as well.

So post pics of any knives you have, collections, you name it. Looking foward to seeing your guys' sharp shiny and deadly objects.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:28:42 PM by Kham-Ryn Kurios » Logged

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »

Excellent! Love the built-in belt clip. Handy. Looks pretty solid.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:37:20 PM »

Excellent! Love the built-in belt clip. Handy. Looks pretty solid.
It is. The only problem with it was that the the axis that the blade moves on was a little tight for it to flip out. The protrusion on the blade opens it and because  it was so tight I had to loosen it a tad. I would say that once you apply downwards force on the blade pusher thingy, it is fully open in about .7 seconds. And it isn't even a switchblade. My plan is to get a stiletto next, so I'll post pics of the one I'm gonna buy, a little later.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 12:11:46 AM »

Oooh, a knife thread.  Excellent.  As a former knife store manager, I'll definitely have to get in on this one...

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:28:38 AM »

Fun! I have a little dealy I've owned and liked for quite a few years that I'll share. Was also looking at a knife I'd like just last night so this topic aligns just perfectly.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:29:46 AM »

First, I'm sorry you had to sell most of your collection.  That just plain sucks dingo's kidneys.

So, then.  First up we have the pocket knives:

Next, we have the pointed things that will really hurt:

After those, well...

This next one my Grandfather brought back at the end of his three tours in Korea (yes, it's bone):

And finally, the goodie box my wife put together for me for this past Christmas:

More to come  Grin

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 03:01:40 AM »

These are the knives I will add to my collection to build it back up again. I miss my old collection.

I really want this Karambit that folds.

I like this stiletto so I'm gonna get one like it.

This one is the same brand as my current one and I like it too.

And the last one. It just looks plain cool.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:59:01 AM »

Very awesome!

Great snag Grey Owl. Smiley  I like the serrations on the back edge...

Viv's pocket knives made me drool, and the ones you're looking at are sweet.

I used to have quite the collection at one point, but it's scattered now.

I'll see if I can dig a couple up...

+1 for making this thread, and -1 for the "goodie box". Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »

Knives much more than swords tend to make me feel a little uneasy.  Therefore the only one I have is a survival knife with some extra features which is safely stored in the trunk of my car.  Package looked at but never opened.  Kinda mean looking lol.

However, I was at my local combat store and another female was holding and sort of playing with a collapsible purple blinged out pocket knife which caught my attention.  I think switch blade like spring mechanisms are illegal now.

So it looks somewhat like this and I just might get it... cus' it's pretty and I suppose functional... I'm trying to justify the bling and color lol.  Wink  Tongue

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »

However, I was at my local combat store and another female was holding and sort of playing with a collapsible purple blinged out pocket knife which caught my attention.  I think switch blade like spring mechanisms are illegal now.
I don't know where you live so don't quote me but last I was aware as long as the blade is under 2 inches switchblades are legal. Certain states outlaw them completely but you can still have one. For example if you have a display shelf for your knife collection and you own a switchblade from the 50s you can keep it. As long as it stays on that shelf. Also if you get caught with a knife of any kind you can get out of punishment most of the time if you say you have it as a tool only. If not you need to have a good reason. Pretty cool huh?

@Vivectus
Yeah most of them were vintage era. I ended up keeping just one because it's from my greatgrandfather and we pass it down through the family. It's a little 6 inch buck knife from world war 1 era. Still pretty cool though. When it was given to me I took it upon myself to restore the blade and part of the handle. I'd post pics but I can't as of right now. I have is stored in a box in my closet for safekeeping.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »

I don't know where you live so don't quote me but last I was aware as long as the blade is under 2 inches switchblades are legal. Certain states outlaw them completely but you can still have one. For example if you have a display shelf for your knife collection and you own a switchblade from the 50s you can keep it. As long as it stays on that shelf. Also if you get caught with a knife of any kind you can get out of punishment most of the time if you say you have it as a tool only. If not you need to have a good reason. Pretty cool huh?
She's in Canada, Grey Owl - as am I...

...totally banned. O_o

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »

She's in Canada, Grey Owl - as am I...

...totally banned. O_o

Hmm. Well that's unfortunate. Point for the info.

Check this out. I don't see the practicality but the intimidation factor is all that counts.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »

I have got 2 pocket knives:

A Victorinox Rescue Tool

And a Laguiole Des Cimes 420 ... just because you must have a knife like that for an "Aperitif"  Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »

And a Laguiole Des Cimes 420 ... just because you must have a knife like that for an "Aperitif"  Tongue

Now that is a nice knife. I use to have one with a mother of pearl handle. Green. This is deserving of a point.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »

Now that is a nice knife. I use to have one with a mother of pearl handle. Green. This is deserving of a point.

Thanks. That is true, it is a very nice knife ... very useful ... the ultimate companion of bread and smoked sausage  Grin

Point back

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: