Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 176871 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2018, 03:59:44 AM »

Finally!  All of my swords are officially licenced (meaning their quality not flappy knockoffs lol). Ok then ...

Eowyn's sword LOTR

Bowen's sword Dragonheart

Smith & Wesson S.W.A.T. - have had this knife for 18yrs and still love it.

Strider's Ranger sword LOTR

Going fwd I hope this isn't the end of my collection as there's a few more LOTR swords I'd like to pick up as well as some battle axes/hatchets and ....  Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2018, 08:59:10 AM »

Some great looking swords Haz! How do you get them "licensed"?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »

I definitely want a licensed Handhafang(Arwen's sword), to go with my "Elven Warrior Princess" persona.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2018, 03:44:23 PM »

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He means they are Official Replicas of Lord of the Rings swords.  United Cutlery is the company that has the license.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »

Beautiful collection of swords Haz.  Thanks for  sharing.  Smiley

point  Cool

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »

Here is my Katana and Wakizashi set.  The tsuba is in the design of Miyamoto Musashi (of course). That is real rayskin wrapping which takes a while to get used to. The Katana has a dull blade because I use it to practice drawing and forms/dulon/kata frequently and I didn't want there to be the potential of killing myself.  The Wakizashi is sharpened so I could use it for Tameshigiri (cutting practice) and because... well like anyone reading this, I wanted a real Samurai Sword of my own! The look of the tempered steal on the Wakizashi is mesmerizing.  It doesn't translate well in pictures, but I could stare at the light dancing off of it for hours. 
Let me know what you think.   

Love your Japanese swords.  My passionate favorite.  Have decided to get one... likely a katana length for my BD next month.  Just not sure how much that I want to spend.  My dream would be to assist somehow in the creation of the sword.  Perhaps engrave the tsuba using the old style tools... meaning no dremel.   Smiley

thanks for the share point  Cool

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »

Love your Japanese swords.  My passionate favorite.  Have decided to get one... likely a katana length for my BD next month.  Just not sure how much that I want to spend.  My dream would be to assist somehow in the creation of the sword.  Perhaps engrave the tsuba using the old style tools... meaning no dremel.   Smiley

thanks for the share point  Cool

Baltimore Knife and Sword does commissions.  You may not can be there to assist physically but you can give them your designs

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2018, 08:35:05 PM »

Thank you, guys! It's a humble set but like many of us I'm sure our steel collection would be wildly different if I personally could discipline myself to spread out my saber purchase funding lol.

I've said it before I'm sure ... everyone sharing their wish list and actual collections continues to inspire so thanks to you all Smiley

Thanks a lot, tx_!

Darth Tepes has it, as there are so many knock offs that feel stamped out of crap steel and wouldn't hold together just free swinging them. BUT, it always comes down each persons budget and purpose for owning one so they have their place.

I definitely want a licensed Handhafang(Arwen's sword), to go with my "Elven Warrior Princess" persona.

Arwen's is pretty! I'd like King Theodin's and Boromir's sword ... and I'm on the fence about acquiring some from The Hobbit as none have really spoken to me yet.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »

I just wish officially liscenced swords were actually combat ready pieces, instead of pretty wall hangers. :/

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »

I just wish officially liscenced swords were actually combat ready pieces, instead of pretty wall hangers. :/

Agreed...my sword collection shrank considerably when I got rid of my wall hangers and only get Combat ready swords.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2018, 11:19:51 PM »

Arwen's is pretty! I'd like King Theodin's and Boromir's sword ... and I'm on the fence about acquiring some from The Hobbit as none have really spoken to me yet.

I really find the Elvish swords speak to me, I'd love the Legolas dual wields, and Thranduil's sword as well.

But I'm actually planning on an Arwen cosplay cause I've been seeing the dress around for cheap on Etsy, the one she wore when she kept Frodo from the Nazgul and brought him to Rivendell, and I've frankly wanted to be Arwen since I saw her! Even if I would never admit that out loud at the time.... so yeah, Handhafang first and foremost, that one has a purpose beyond looking pretty.

(Sig by me!)

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »

I really find the Elvish swords speak to me, I'd love the Legolas dual wields, and Thranduil's sword as well.

But I'm actually planning on an Arwen cosplay cause I've been seeing the dress around for cheap on Etsy, the one she wore when she kept Frodo from the Nazgul and brought him to Rivendell, and I've frankly wanted to be Arwen since I saw her! Even if I would never admit that out loud at the time.... so yeah, Handhafang first and foremost, that one has a purpose beyond looking pretty.

Your Arwen cosplay will be fantastic. It'll feel great once your aquire such staple pieces for the character.

A heads up ... I've held the United Cutlery Thranduil sword and it's one of the heaviest ones I've ever picked up, blade heavy and it turned me off. You'd think it'd be airy and fluid but it's not lol.

The the top decorative bands (one on each side of course) that run from the handle to near the tip of the blade are thick metal pieces that sandwich the blade in between them. This method over doubles the weight and one would have to be Thor strong to enjoy wielding it.

Why they didn't etch the patterns into the main blade itself is quite puzzling. Having said that I'd certainly recommend you try before you buy with that model.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2018, 12:32:32 AM »

Won't make much of a difference hanging on the wall. Smiley

(Sig by me!)

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »

Won't make much of a difference hanging on the wall. Smiley

Uhhhh ..... good point  Grin

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2018, 05:06:39 AM »

Baltimore Knife and Sword does commissions.  You may not be there to assist physically but you can give them your designs.

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait until I find the sword or decorative idea that I suppose speaks to me.  There is a smaller Japanese community here so am going to find out if anyone has experience with katana swords or knows what elements of quality to look for.  I have spent a good amount of time learning from YouTube videos.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: