Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41   Go Down
Author Topic: The Knife and Sword Thread  (Read 178395 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #585 on: October 24, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »

Very attractive tools, Hazard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #586 on: October 24, 2020, 05:23:04 PM »

Outstanding collection, Haz!  My brother has a Paramilitary 2 (loves it; so do I  Wink) and is always telling me how it's such a useful tool.  

You've also reminded me: I need to get one of those tactical axes as well.  For the zombie apocalypse  Wink

Point!

Thank you, Dutch.  I use the tomahawk for wood processing and as a camp axe but it struggles, because when you hold it and wield it there's no question it was build for combat.  Which is awesome. It does however make a fantastic hiking companion for protection/emergencies when we're on back country trails.  I do recommend you get one Smiley

Very attractive tools, Hazard!

Appreciated, Cyclops thx!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #587 on: November 12, 2020, 01:27:54 AM »

nice to see people are posting here. Love the collections. Nice PM2 Hazard502. I love mine which is the same black g10 one. I'm currently in the process of modding it crazy. All of the hardware(clip,screws, lanyard tube) are going to me flame bronzed(very interesting btw) and I'm gonna put some green linen or burlap micarta on it. I'm also acid washing and then stonewashing the blade right now  i have a custom lanyard bead so i'm gonna put that on it with a leather lanyard. Gonna get a nice patina going. What does everyone think of traditionals?

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2020, 07:18:50 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Wy-_xaQiw&amp;list=PLBwv0fRLv6sgwy_5eOoJuimXZow0xEV70&amp;index=3" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Wy-_xaQiw&amp;list=PLBwv0fRLv6sgwy_5eOoJuimXZow0xEV70&amp;index=3</a>

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #589 on: January 04, 2021, 05:34:25 PM »

nice to see people are posting here. Love the collections. Nice PM2 Hazard502. I love mine which is the same black g10 one. I'm currently in the process of modding it crazy. All of the hardware(clip,screws, lanyard tube) are going to me flame bronzed(very interesting btw) and I'm gonna put some green linen or burlap micarta on it. I'm also acid washing and then stonewashing the blade right now  i have a custom lanyard bead so i'm gonna put that on it with a leather lanyard. Gonna get a nice patina going. What does everyone think of traditionals?

Awesome touches to your PM2, Grey Owl. I’ve since installed brass handles on mine and I quite like it despite the extra heft. But, all the locktite Spyderco used caused me to strip out a few of the screws so I’m going to at some point upgrade to a titanium hardware set to clear that issue up. My PM2 is still functional which is good of course.

As far as traditionals go they don’t really do anything for me, so they’ve never really caught my attention. But if they’re something your into then it’s certainly something worth perusing.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #590 on: January 04, 2021, 06:47:18 PM »

WARNING! This is a post about purely combat level DANGEROUS blades: These are not mere collectables and should be respected as such...
If you want the closest thing to a lightsaber in steel form, buy an Angel Sword. (I'm unsure if it's been mentioned previously on this topic since there are 40 pgs) I'm just stating that they are the sharpest thing on this planet, they hold/broke all the previous World Records, and cut like something out of a movie or anime... In the right hands they are amazing, but in the wrong/unskilled hands they can easily lead to injury, dismemberment, and possibly death. SO not toys, or pure display pieces. They should be treated as weapons, and kept FAR away from those too young, inexperienced, reckless, etc.

All that said, I highly recommend them to any true blade lover (with a healthy level of respect for them) looking for an insanely sharp blade that can be custom made for you. They are pricey, but in this case you get what you pay for (and they offer layaway installment payments too). So yeah, I know it sounds a bit like I'm doing a freakin commercial, but I just love these blades that much. And funny enough they are TX based too. Check it out if you want @ https://www.angelsword.com/. But don't blame me if you buy one and aren't careful, you've been dully warned.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #591 on: January 05, 2021, 12:17:10 PM »

Nice knife, Kaiser!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #592 on: January 18, 2021, 04:07:28 PM »

WARNING! This is a post about purely combat level DANGEROUS blades: These are not mere collectables and should be respected as such...
If you want the closest thing to a lightsaber in steel form, buy an Angel Sword. (I'm unsure if it's been mentioned previously on this topic since there are 40 pgs) I'm just stating that they are the sharpest thing on this planet, they hold/broke all the previous World Records, and cut like something out of a movie or anime... In the right hands they are amazing, but in the wrong/unskilled hands they can easily lead to injury, dismemberment, and possibly death. SO not toys, or pure display pieces. They should be treated as weapons, and kept FAR away from those too young, inexperienced, reckless, etc.

All that said, I highly recommend them to any true blade lover (with a healthy level of respect for them) looking for an insanely sharp blade that can be custom made for you. They are pricey, but in this case you get what you pay for (and they offer layaway installment payments too). So yeah, I know it sounds a bit like I'm doing a freakin commercial, but I just love these blades that much. And funny enough they are TX based too. Check it out if you want @ https://www.angelsword.com/. But don't blame me if you buy one and aren't careful, you've been dully warned.

I saw those live at a Ren Faire in TX. The blades are indeed impressive. They did a trick where the curled a sticky note into a little arch then shaved it so a small paper tab popped up but then turned it to show there was no hole. I  find most of the designs a bit bland though until you get over $5000. I'd much prefer to get a Fable
 Blade but those are still pricey and a bit more rare.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #593 on: January 18, 2021, 09:53:16 PM »

I saw those live at a Ren Faire in TX. The blades are indeed impressive. They did a trick where the curled a sticky note into a little arch then shaved it so a small paper tab popped up but then turned it to show there was no hole. I  find most of the designs a bit bland though until you get over $5000. I'd much prefer to get a Fable
 Blade but those are still pricey and a bit more rare.

Yes, I also stumbled upon their shop at a faire. It made me laugh because as fate would have it I knew of them so the encounter was interesting because one of them at the time knew of me as well. I was lucky enough by way of this to gain a private demo with one of their full length katana's in hand... (since they knew my background and trusted my swordsmanship/me to not foolishly injure myself or others). I had the opportunity to slice through some rolled tatami on a bamboo post. It was marvelously fun, and the blade made it remarkably easy/smooth going (once you understand the dynamics of such cutting anyway). I recommend their products mainly because those who work there have deep reverence for their work and the spirit of crafting excellence. Also because they do truly believe in allowing a swordsman to be paired with/choose a weapon to be paired with, in the true samurai fashion with it being an extension of you. But mostly because they are beautiful to look at but like US meant to be functional. If you had some crazy movie level of VERY bad thing occurring IRL this is (in my experience/opinion) the best legitimate katana, dagger, etc to have at your side. They shall not fail you in action, which is why I highly emphasized they are only for the extremely trained with great reverence for what they are handling.

I'll have to take a look at Fable Blades since I do always love a good blade regardless.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2021, 02:53:26 AM »

Yes, I also stumbled upon their shop at a faire. It made me laugh because as fate would have it I knew of them so the encounter was interesting because one of them at the time knew of me as well. I was lucky enough by way of this to gain a private demo with one of their full length katana's in hand... (since they knew my background and trusted my swordsmanship/me to not foolishly injure myself or others). I had the opportunity to slice through some rolled tatami on a bamboo post. It was marvelously fun, and the blade made it remarkably easy/smooth going (once you understand the dynamics of such cutting anyway). I recommend their products mainly because those who work there have deep reverence for their work and the spirit of crafting excellence. Also because they do truly believe in allowing a swordsman to be paired with/choose a weapon to be paired with, in the true samurai fashion with it being an extension of you. But mostly because they are beautiful to look at but like US meant to be functional. If you had some crazy movie level of VERY bad thing occurring IRL this is (in my experience/opinion) the best legitimate katana, dagger, etc to have at your side. They shall not fail you in action, which is why I highly emphasized they are only for the extremely trained with great reverence for what they are handling.

I'll have to take a look at Fable Blades since I do always love a good blade regardless.

I liked the way they answered my wife when she asked what their warranty meant which at the time said they were warranted against "reasonable misuse". He told her if she tried to cut up an engine block it wouldn't be covered but if she just stuffed it through a door and cut her way out of a car she'd be good.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »

I liked the way they answered my wife when she asked what their warranty meant which at the time said they were warranted against "reasonable misuse". He told her if she tried to cut up an engine block it wouldn't be covered but if she just stuffed it through a door and cut her way out of a car she'd be good.

Well, THAT’s memorable!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2021, 03:26:46 AM »

A surprise for me! Showing off my new Ritter Steel Roman sword.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2021, 03:13:25 PM »

Got one of these on delivery today. There are very limited stock. As of now, only two are available. I will post the link for those interested.

https://cutleryshoppe.com/boker-121550-swiss-dagger-8-6-double-edge-c75-carbon-steel-blade-cherry-wood-handle-metal-sheath-discontinued-only-2-left/

Drifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 146

May the force be with you

« Reply #598 on: November 11, 2021, 01:21:45 AM »

If only I could have all these gorgeous blades

Sent from my SM-A025G using Tapatalk

There's light in the darkness but there is also darkness in the light

Let the force decide

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander