Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Isola815's Random Hilt Challenge  (Read 26902 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »

I'd so do this, but I can't afford sabers with sound right now, much less flash on clash.  Sad

Shoot!! So, I should have thought this out better. I couldn't even find close to 10 hilts that I dislike or have written off, and I was really excited to do this, too!! Undecided  I look forward to seeing who else might accept this challenge.

So, just do it with 10 hilts you don't own.  Pick the 10 you're least likely to order next and do it.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »

I have a question for our esteemed friend Isola815.  I love random chance and I may eventually do this, especially if I do it right and hit a 10% off sale, or something like that.  Anywho, say your hilt you really don't want is available in multiple colors.  Do you put slips of paper with the hilt in each color, or do you just put the design in there and pick the color?  For example, the Mantis is on the high end of hilts I really don't want, so I could put that in there.  However, if I put all four colors in there, that means there are four slips of paper dedicated to that design. (yes, I know the Azure Mantis is out of stock, but this is just an example) Should I just put the design in there?

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 04:08:17 PM »

Interesting.  I'll have to think about this a bit.

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »

I have a question for our esteemed friend Isola815.  I love random chance and I may eventually do this, especially if I do it right and hit a 10% off sale, or something like that.  Anywho, say your hilt you really don't want is available in multiple colors.  Do you put slips of paper with the hilt in each color, or do you just put the design in there and pick the color?  For example, the Mantis is on the high end of hilts I really don't want, so I could put that in there.  However, if I put all four colors in there, that means there are four slips of paper dedicated to that design. (yes, I know the Azure Mantis is out of stock, but this is just an example) Should I just put the design in there?

I would suggest an extra draw... another cup with color options, so each hilt is only in there once, and if it has color options, you draw for that.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:40 PM »

Quote from: Lord Bladewraith

I actually really loathe the Omen

I double dog dare you to look at ALL the pics of what this guy did and then look right into the camera of your device and tell me you don't find that to be the least bit attractive:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19179

(The pics of what I am referring to start with Reply #7.)

I actually love the Dark Omen w/ the Thundercat emitter, but also plan to do something similar to this as well.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »

Isola had specific variations on hilts for his list, even down to some that were CE or SE specifically.

I have enough higher end hilts that don't excite me that I don't have to worry about entering every variation on, for example, an Initiate V3.

If I do this, I think I'll just pick one color option per hilt I've got on my "least tempting" list, or do the color subdraw as suggested by Corwyn.

For the record my list currently is:

Electrum Wind
Mantis
Renegade
Malice
War Glaive
Raven
Monarch
Liberator
Standard Issue
Dominix V3

Hey, if I end up hating whatever it is, I'll still be able to customize and tinker with it, right?   Wink

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »

I double dog dare you to look at ALL the pics of what this guy did and then look right into the camera of your device and tell me you don't find that to be the least bit attractive:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=19179

(The pics of what I am referring to start with Reply #7.)

I actually love the Dark Omen w/ the Thundercat emitter, but also plan to do something similar to this as well.

The 80s child in me does want an Omen.  The saber tinkerer in me wants one too, but to strip down and use for parts of other builds.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone else is quite as mental as me  Cheesy Cheesy but we shall see!

Now why would anyone want to invade your space without bearing a straight jacket !?  lol  This moment in time belongs only to you. haha   Tongue

And before you get too saucy... don't forget that after a divinely influenced inspiration  Roll Eyes  my New Year's Resolution saber is the EXACT saber that you have drawn/created with the same features except for the claw.  Grin  

But fortunately the EH healed me of the Scorpion's sting.  And seriously this large Crimson bad boy is so impressively Shmexy.  What other kind of rating and functional capabilities could you possibly be wanting ?!  Cheesy

point worthy... and entertain us with another outstanding video review   Wink

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 05:15:43 PM »

Isola had specific variations on hilts for his list, even down to some that were CE or SE specifically.

I have enough higher end hilts that don't excite me that I don't have to worry about entering every variation on, for example, an Initiate V3.

Yeah, I saw that, but I only watched part of the video and I didn't have time to post to that effect, as I had to leave for work.  I guess, in the spirit of the challenge, the best thing would be to put down the finish I'd never seriously consider ordering, as I can easily come up with 10.

When I do it, here's my list:

Crimson Mantis
Malice
War Glaive
Monarch
Manticore CE
Crimson Scorpion
Catalyst
Bane
Overlord
Bellicose or Fulcrum, as the Bellicose is out of stock at present.

Those are the hilts I'd choose from.  None are hilts I'd consider buying under normal circumstances.  I have a Lost Gray, but I never liked the Fulcrum as well.  However, I'd consider it an alternate as it's closer to something I'd buy than the Bellicose, which is currently out of stock.  As you can see, I'm not a fan of claws.  The only reason the Reaper and Raven aren't on the list is due to stock issues.

Also, all hilts are available in Obsidian Lite, which works not only on a budget level, but it's my least desirable sound setup too.  Switches, claw options, etc. will depend on budget.  I get paid tomorrow, but I will have to save some money back for two weeks or a month from now, as that Crimson Mantis is about $300 with FoC.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »

Been thinking about this.  I can't do it now, but perhaps another Raffle in the future.

Looked at this with the basic criteria being, if I won the Lottery, what 10 hilts would I never buy for myself despite having essentially unlimited funds?

I filtered for Sabers with Premium Sound and sorted by Name so the list is Alphabetical and does not reflect any sort of degree of indifference or dislike.

Keep in mind, as we know, this list is totally Subjective and reflects my thoughts as I type this.  I know there is probably at least a couple on here that people will be like "Come on!  You're padding your list with things you like just in case!"

But that's not the case.  There is one that I used to want at first, but now have no plans for no matter what.  There is one that I have never wanted, but will admit to softening my stance on it, so that could fall off the list in the future.  The other 8 I've never personally cared for and have never even thought about ordering.

Oh - one more thing - I only considered one type per Model.  So I didn't say something like Crimson Reaper & Azure Reaper as they are the same model, just different colors.

So the list for me is . . .

1 - Archon v2.1

2 - Bellicose

3 - Catalyst

4 - Chosen One  (Used to want it, now I don't)

5 - Liberator

6 - Lost Gray

7 - Malice

8 - Monarch  (Actually softening on this somewhat)

9 - Overlord

10 - Shock

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:30 PM »

My actual short list is SHORT with 2-3 left in the current US line I'd happily consider purchasing.  There are ones I wouldn't consider but committing a budget to this is a struggle for me think about. Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »

Here's my present list of what I wouldn't want... only if purchasing the saber.  Feel free to send any unwanted/discard sabers my way.  Have stopped entering any raffle as am consistently unlucky multi times in any year.  No particular order except for the top 3... plus in all colors and other options for that saber.  Smiley

1 - Fulcrum

2 - Malice

3- Mantis

4 - Raven

5 - Standard Issue

6 - Arbiter  - one piece version

7- Bellicose

8 - Monarch

9 - Reaper

10 - Graflex  - I reserve the right to change my mind and exchange with the Flamberge
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:44:34 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »

I have a question for our esteemed friend Isola815.  I love random chance and I may eventually do this, especially if I do it right and hit a 10% off sale, or something like that.  Anywho, say your hilt you really don't want is available in multiple colors.  Do you put slips of paper with the hilt in each color, or do you just put the design in there and pick the color?  For example, the Mantis is on the high end of hilts I really don't want, so I could put that in there.  However, if I put all four colors in there, that means there are four slips of paper dedicated to that design. (yes, I know the Azure Mantis is out of stock, but this is just an example) Should I just put the design in there?

The hilt HAS TO BE IN STOCK to go on the list for two reasons

1. You're not drawing from ten if you can't order one
2. If you DO order one, but then it's on backorder for 6 months you're going to get very cranky, and I'm not taking the blame for that.

IF you dislike EVERY version/color variation of the same hilt and ALL VERSION ARE IN STOCK you can do one of three things

1. Write them all down - like I did with both Scorpions. Yes it means larger odds of getting one of those hilts, but that really IS the point of this challenge. It's not about playing it safe. It's about nutting up or shutting up  Cool

OR

2. Choose your least favorite version(s) only.

OR

3. You get carte blanche on every other choice for your hilt. Choose whatever one you want out of the different versions of the hilt you wound up drawing.

As far as I'm concerned, if it has a separate link on the store page and it's not a drop down menu option for color choice of hilt, then to me that is a different hilt. It might be the same design, but it's not the same hilt. But I can't enforce it, so it's up to you guys to decide how brave you are.

THERE ARE NO OTHER SUB DRAWS. FLASH ON CLASH IS THE ONLY BONUS ROUND.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 09:41:06 PM »

The hilt HAS TO BE IN STOCK to go on the list for two reasons

1. You're not drawing from ten if you can't order one
2. If you DO order one, but then it's on backorder for 6 months you're going to get very cranky, and I'm not taking the blame for that.

IF you dislike EVERY version/color variation of the same hilt and ALL VERSION ARE IN STOCK you can do one of three things

1. Write them all down - like I did with both Scorpions. Yes it means larger odds of getting one of those hilts, but that really IS the point of this challenge. It's not about playing it safe. It's about nutting up or shutting up  Cool

OR

2. Choose your least favorite version(s) only.

OR

3. You get carte blanche on every other choice for your hilt. Choose whatever one you want out of the different versions of the hilt you wound up drawing.

As far as I'm concerned, if it has a separate link on the store page and it's not a drop down menu option for color choice of hilt, then to me that is a different hilt. It might be the same design, but it's not the same hilt. But I can't enforce it, so it's up to you guys to decide how brave you are.

THERE ARE NO OTHER SUB DRAWS. FLASH ON CLASH IS THE ONLY BONUS ROUND.

What about this as an option...

Say someone doesn't care for a particular model of any of the colors it comes in - we'll say the Reaper as an example.  How about they put the Reaper down as one of their 10, and IF that's what is rolled, well - there's 3 Reaper colors, so roll a d6 and 1-2 is black, 3-4 crimson, 5-6 azure, and that's what ya get stuck with.

This is, of course, assuming that the person in question can still fill their list without using multiples of the same model with different colors.

Eh?  Plenty more randomness...

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

Oops, double post.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: