Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Isola815's Random Hilt Challenge  (Read 27190 times)
TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »

Deal!!

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2017, 03:37:05 PM »

Anyone can just "do a video" but this thread is for following through with the challenge. Can I please request you keep this thread with videos of actual challenge entries and post it somewhere else? I don't want to sound like a complete d-bag, but the whole point of this thread is to actually DO this challenge from start to finish.

It just feels like a bit of an off topic hijack to post non entry videos in here when you don't actually NEED to make a video to satiate your curiosity.
Agreed.  It's feels a bit off topic, because it is. This is a CHALLENGE not a WHAT IF. Please do the challenge otherwise this just becomes a thread listing "hilts that you've dismissed" vs. "hilts that you've dismissed and have the guts to order and let impress you".  Please correct me if I'm wrong, Isola, but I'm sure the former was never the intent.

I think Lord B needs to do a new video, same 10 hilts, just pick the third one so we can see what he would have ended up with - no need to order, I'm just curious as to what the Force would have chosen for you Wink

Won't be the same third one now though :p

Might be the Archon again, in which case it's clearly meant to be Smiley

Interesting proposition, and I want this to be as compliant as possible with the challenge.  Roll Eyes  If I do another video, and stop on the third draw instead of the first draw, and the hilt is different, do I change my order to that hilt, keeping the same blade color and FoC color, since those were drawn exactly as I rolled the dice? What is the will of the Force telling the Jedi Council?

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2017, 07:25:27 PM »

Isola... But that might mean that this thread has a short life span instead of members getting excited about a group discussion and possible future participation.  LB's video reply did disappoint me as I assumed that he was going for it.  There aren't many members that can financially do this as an impulsive spur of the moment challenge.  Perhaps that is why Raffles are so enticing and fun to participate in for an opportunity to receive a mysterious saber.  Smiley

For me... I have never thought of doing this before and have almost had to give myself permission to even consider randomly choosing an uber at the time unknown and possibly quite costly loaded grab bag.  As much as I can appreciate the adventure of the obscure... as you know our dollar is about the same and we are paying so much more for any saber plus the shipping and customs fee.  If I got any of my top 5 me no likey... I might want to destroy all video evidence and start again.  Undecided

So all those who get a better bang for the buck... if you can, open up your wallets and respond to this worthy and entertaining challenge.  And the original rules and guidelines aren't that difficult to understand and follow for all you rule benders and high options persons... who really don't want to accept what the Force has chosen in your best interests.  Grin

point for our crazy endearing Aussie friend... who can take any saber and make it unrecognizable  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »

Isola... But that might mean that this thread has a short life span instead of members getting excited about a group discussion and possible future participation.  LB's video reply did disappoint me as I assumed that he was going for it.  There aren't many members that can financially do this as an impulsive spur of the moment challenge.  Perhaps that is why Raffles are so enticing and fun to participate in.  Smiley

Hey there, D7. What video reply are you referring to? I did go for it. I'm the only who actually has gone for it after Isola.  At first I wasn't going to because I wanted to be true to the rules and have 10 that I really disliked and at first I only had 3-4, a couple of which were out of stock anyway, so I thought I wouldn't be able to really comply, even though I was ALL up for it, but SFD suggested I complete my list with hilts that are low priority for me to purchase (thank you SFD for the idea), hilts that I had put off til later and why, so I came back and did just that.

Here's what I ordered (again, SPOILER ALERT for anyone who hasn't watched my Isola Random Hilt Challenge):

LB's Isola Random Hilt Challenge

I disagree on the lifespan, and I don't think he ever conveyed that it was a spur of the moment challenge. There are those who have said will do it when they're ready. Plus there is no spend requirement just that it has sound. That opens it up quite a bit.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2017, 07:53:23 PM »

Hi LB.  So sorry for implying that you didn't participate.  I think that you had made another earlier video about perhaps an LED color and indicated not sure if accepting the challenge.  I went back a page and found your recent participation videos but part one does not open for me.  Was a tad confused by some members saying you should go back and redraw or something to that effect.  Undecided

Anyways... I think that you could have done so much worse even though the Archon v.3 was in your #1 spot.  And you should be able to MHS replace the emitter.  Haz and others have modified out some really sweet sabers using all the Archon main parts.  A CG blade with a SY FoC should look fantastic for this saber.  Both you and Isola have been recipients of the wisdom and kindness of the Force.  Smiley

point well deserved for sure  Smiley

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2017, 08:12:52 PM »

Agreed.  It's feels a bit off topic, because it is. This is a CHALLENGE not a WHAT IF. Please do the challenge otherwise this just becomes a thread listing "hilts that you've dismissed" vs. "hilts that you've dismissed and have the guts to order and let impress you".  Please correct me if I'm wrong, Isola, but I'm sure the former was never the intent.

Interesting proposition, and I want this to be as compliant as possible with the challenge.  Roll Eyes  If I do another video, and stop on the third draw instead of the first draw, and the hilt is different, do I change my order to that hilt, keeping the same blade color and FoC color, since those were drawn exactly as I rolled the dice? What is the will of the Force telling the Jedi Council?

Indeed. It wasn't for curiosity's sake. It was for people to (as I said in a previous post) - Nut up, or shut up.

Mask has done a couple of random draws just to test the waters and didn't need to post a video.

Step 8 of the challenge is to order the saber - BEFORE POSTING YOUR VIDEO in step 9. Which pretty much means while you wait for your youtube video to upload you order your saber.

Don't worry about a redraw. If you change the hilt it will make more work for US. Mistakes happen, we're only human and you were visibly sweating from the nerves. You still did a random draw, and The Force helped to guide you Smiley

Isola... But that might mean that this thread has a short life span instead of members getting excited about a group discussion and possible future participation.  LB's video reply did disappoint me as I assumed that he was going for it.  There aren't many members that can financially do this as an impulsive spur of the moment challenge.  Perhaps that is why Raffles are so enticing and fun to participate in for an opportunity to receive a mysterious saber.  Smiley

For me... I have never thought of doing this before and have almost had to give myself permission to even consider randomly choosing an uber at the time unknown and possibly quite costly loaded grab bag.  As much as I can appreciate the adventure of the obscure... as you know our dollar is about the same and we are paying so much more for any saber plus the shipping and customs fee.  If I got any of my top 5 me no likey... I might want to destroy all video evidence and start again.  Undecided

So all those who get a better bang for the buck... if you can, open up your wallets and respond to this worthy and entertaining challenge.  And the original rules and guidelines aren't that difficult to understand and follow for all you rule benders and high options persons... who really don't want to accept what the Force has chosen in your best interests.  Grin

point for our crazy endearing Aussie friend... who can take any saber and make it unrecognizable  Wink

If the thread dies, then it dies. But I'd rather it die because people are too scared to do this, rather than have it turn into a little "what if" game.

I'm actually not sure where you're from, so I'm not sure about your customs fees. But after conversion my saber and shipping cost me $540 (Australian dollars). So yeah, the risk is there. But that's the point  Cool

This doesn't need to be for the Spring Raffle. It's simply how I did my entry. This can be for any order at any time weather it be raffle time, sale time, or just for a normal everyday purchase from US.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

Hi LB.  So sorry for implying that you didn't participate.  I think that you had made another earlier video about perhaps an LED color and indicated not sure if accepting the challenge.  I went back a page and found your recent participation videos but part one does not open for me.  Was a tad confused by some members saying you should go back and redraw or something to that effect.  Undecided

Anyways... I think that you could have done so much worse even though the Archon v.3 was in your #1 spot.  And you should be able to MHS replace the emitter.  Haz and others have modified out some really sweet sabers using all the Archon main parts.  A CG blade with a SY FoC should look fantastic for this saber.  Both you and Isola have been recipients of the wisdom and kindness of the Force.  Smiley

point well deserved for sure  Smiley
Ah, thanks, D7, and no problem. My goof was that I rolled a 3 and should've drawn 3 pieces and opened the 3rd one, but I accidentally opened the 1st one instead. Still random, just less random than it could've been. Undecided  That's what they meant by re-drawing. I won't be re-drawing because I've already ordered and I think overall the Force has spoken anyway  Wink  Also, I think I did well to add more randomness by drawing for the FoC color when I didn't have to.

Yep, I'm quite familiar with the MHS options as I have the Archon 2.1 already, so now I will definitely have to mix it up big time with that one so I have two unique sabers in my collection. Cool thing is that I can put the Archon 2.1 emitter/neck on my Archon 3.1 anytime I want to duel with it and give a whole emitter a home on my Archon 2.1  Cool

I take your feedback very seriously, D7, and really appreciate it, too, so thanks for the encouraging words, friend  Smiley

Step 8 of the challenge is to order the saber - BEFORE POSTING YOUR VIDEO in step 9. Which pretty much means while you wait for your youtube video to upload you order your saber.

Don't worry about a redraw. If you change the hilt it will make more work for US. Mistakes happen, we're only human and you were visibly sweating from the nerves. You still did a random draw, and The Force helped to guide you Smiley
Bah! Step 8! I should've left the ordering process out of my video... next time, because I do wanna do this again sometime down the road. I'll consider other hilts that I might be hesitant on to replace the Archon 3.1 on my list to get it back at 10. Thanks for your words of encouragement, buddy. This was a great experience, and you're a highly valued member of this forum. I'm going to trust that the outcome was the will of the Force and meant to be just like it is.  Cool

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2017, 09:38:18 PM »

Ah, thanks, D7, and no problem. My goof was that I rolled a 3 and should've drawn 3 pieces and opened the 3rd one, but I accidentally opened the 1st one instead. Still random, just less random than it could've been. Undecided  That's what they meant by re-drawing. I won't be re-drawing because I've already ordered and I think overall the Force has spoken anyway  Wink  Also, I think I did well to add more randomness by drawing for the FoC color when I didn't have to.

Yep, I'm quite familiar with the MHS options as I have the Archon 2.1 already, so now I will definitely have to mix it up big time with that one so I have two unique sabers in my collection. Cool thing is that I can put the Archon 2.1 emitter/neck on my Archon 3.1 anytime I want to duel with it and give a whole emitter a home on my Archon 2.1  Cool

I take your feedback very seriously, D7, and really appreciate it, too, so thanks for the encouraging words, friend  Smiley
Bah! Step 8! I should've left the ordering process out of my video... next time, because I do wanna do this again sometime down the road. I'll consider other hilts that I might be hesitant on to replace the Archon 3.1 on my list to get it back at 10. Thanks for your words of encouragement, buddy. This was a great experience, and you're a highly valued member of this forum. I'm going to trust that the outcome was the will of the Force and meant to be just like it is.  Cool

It doesn't matter that you had your ordering process/selections in there. I did the same to chose the extra options. The point is more that while your video uploads you make payment so your challenge is complete when you post Cheesy

I too trust that it was as The Force wills it.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2017, 10:53:59 PM »

The point is more that while your video uploads you make payment so your challenge is complete when you post Cheesy

I like that. More efficient.

Meanwhile... only 5 more days!  Cool

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2017, 03:56:04 AM »

I like that. More efficient.

Meanwhile... only 5 more days!  Cool

Looks like at that point you'll have to drag this thread back from the dead for your review link. Because mine will of course take longer to get here after the 11th lol

Unless of course someone else nuts up before the end of the raffle and uses this as a raffle entry instead of just a regular order  Cool

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2017, 04:04:47 AM »

Figure out what you are willing to spend, I'll throw $350 out there.

Tell US "Send me a requisition charge for $350, I'll pay it, here's a list of 10 hilts, pick one and do a Build with that Budget and send it to me without letting me know anything about it."

Boom.  Instant "Isola Grab Bag".

That's actually pretty cool. I'll see about this in the future.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2017, 04:09:44 AM »

I don't remember if I have said anything in this thread yet or not, but I am definitely going to do this challenge after I have gotten a few more sabers. But sadly, there is really only a few sabers (with variations) that I don't care for, so I will probably end up getting one that I will have to customize.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2017, 04:15:17 AM »

I don't remember if I have said anything in this thread yet or not, but I am definitely going to do this challenge after I have gotten a few more sabers. But sadly, there is really only a few sabers (with variations) that I don't care for, so I will probably end up getting one that I will have to customize.
You can add the ones you like least to your list. That's what I did.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2017, 07:35:54 AM »

OR, you might get it and think "HOLY SH**! I WAS SO WRONG!!" and leave it just how it arrives Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2017, 07:50:49 AM »

OR, you might get it and think "HOLY SH**! I WAS SO WRONG!!" and leave it just how it arrives Wink

👆 😁

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: