Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Remove Speaker From AA Pack?  (Read 1698 times)
projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« on: April 06, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on removing the speaker from the AA battery pack. I bought a second hand Graflex CE knowing that it would need a new speaker (it was a good price). And does anyone know the speaker type?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »

If the speaker isn't working and needs to be replaced, just stick a screwdriver or knife or something in there and pry it out.  The speaker is just stuck into the holder, where it clicks into a groove, but it's not secured in any other way.  Otherwise, it's only connected to the saber by two wires soldered to the back.

The type of speaker you need to replace it is a 28mm round speaker.  You could e-mail customer service and ask if they'll sell you a speaker.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:38:36 PM »

You can also buy one from TCSS for about 8 bucks. US probably isn't any cheaper. Or for like $20 you can just rip the whole thing out and go to the store and get a new setup for it.  I'd probably just do that, but I tend to ruin speakers. 😁

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:53:56 PM »

You can also buy one from TCSS for about 8 bucks. US probably isn't any cheaper. Or for like $20 you can just rip the whole thing out and go to the store and get a new setup for it.  I'd probably just do that, but I tend to ruin speakers. 😁

I might go with TCSS, depending on shipping. When I bought a kit of theirs the shipping was $14. I went to my local RadioShack but it just closed forever, so I'll have to find another one.

If the speaker isn't working and needs to be replaced, just stick a screwdriver or knife or something in there and pry it out.  The speaker is just stuck into the holder, where it clicks into a groove, but it's not secured in any other way.  Otherwise, it's only connected to the saber by two wires soldered to the back.

The type of speaker you need to replace it is a 28mm round speaker.  You could e-mail customer service and ask if they'll sell you a speaker.

Thanks for the advice, I've emailed them and I'll see what they say. I'm familiar with the size, just not certain about the power specs and all that. Point to you.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 12:03:30 AM »

I might go with TCSS, depending on shipping. When I bought a kit of theirs the shipping was $14. I went to my local RadioShack but it just closed forever, so I'll have to find another one.

Thanks for the advice, I've emailed them and I'll see what they say. I'm familiar with the size, just not certain about the power specs and all that. Point to you.

Our Radio Shack just closed up too. Bought a bunch of stuff that was marked down before closing. I got a multimeter for next to nothing. Which if you have one you could check and see what it is.

My last shipping with a bunch of small stuff like that was $6. But Utah and Idaho are neighbors.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »

Our Radio Shack just closed up too. Bought a bunch of stuff that was marked down before closing. I got a multimeter for next to nothing. Which if you have one you could check and see what it is.

My last shipping with a bunch of small stuff like that was $6. But Utah and Idaho are neighbors.

I wish I had gotten to mine before it closed. Could've used a DVM. I'll check out TCSS's speakers (already on my list) after US replies.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 01:28:57 AM »

I was able to remove the speaker. Thanks for the help. Now I just need to get a new one.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 12:07:04 PM »

I'm personally a big fan of the 28mm bass speakers.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »

I'm personally a big fan of the 28mm bass speakers.

How do they sound compared to the US one? On the back of theirs it says 8 ohm 1 watt. Obviously the bass speaker is bassier but is that at a cost of clarity? I really like the high quality and crisp sound of the standard speaker, so I wouldn't want to lose some of that for bass or extra volume. If the bass speaker produces sound that is anything like the sound of another unnamed large ready-made saber company, I wouldn't want it. I'm not sure if you've heard the quality of those sabers. But it's very unclear and raspy, though I think that's more an effect of their lower sampling rate and bit rate than it is of the speaker, since I had a bass speaker on that other brand of saber.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 11:53:39 PM »

PM'd.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: