Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Gallifreyan Destiny - Doctor Who Sound Font  (Read 2552 times)
Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« on: April 06, 2017, 10:58:52 PM »

Hey there,

So... I've done a thing!

Basically, I created this sound font as part of my Gallifreyan Destiny project which is still not finished yet to add sound to my baby.

I'm not using an Obsidian Board (unfortunately, my budget is too low) but I went ahead and made all of the files, including boot-up and lockup fx (even though my saber won't be capable of doing either) so that you guys can enjoy them too! There's a link to the .zip file at the bottom of this post.

For those of you who don't have an Obsidian Saber, I saved you the hassle of having to convert everything to .WAV by creating this brief YouTube vid, which contains all of the files - boot-up, power on, hum, 5 swings, 9 clashes, lockup, power off. Hope you enjoy!

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqWYo0JH824

Link to .zip file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5MyuangmXioa2VDUEtEeUJsX2M

Disclaimer - I say "made". I literally took the "Ep IV" font from the Novastar pack available at the shop, put Sonic / TARDIS noises over the top and did a tiny bit of dynamic mixing. Therefore, all due credit to the BBC and the creator of the Novastar sound font

Again, I hope you all enjoy this sound font, and of course, feel free to use it in your own projects.  Grin

Thanks guys,

Wobbywoo

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25:23 PM »

You know I really like this. Very unique. Sounds really good. Thanks! Now to figure out which hilt deserves to have this new sound font running on it. Thanks for your work - much appreciated!

Point to you!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Wobbywoo
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:38:26 AM »

You know I really like this. Very unique. Sounds really good. Thanks! Now to figure out which hilt deserves to have this new sound font running on it. Thanks for your work - much appreciated!

Point to you!

Thank you very much, Lord Bladewraith! As far as standard Ultrasabers are concerned, I reckon the the Manticore, the Overlord or the War Glaive because the windowed emitters (as well as the claws on the Glaive) are reminiscent of the details on some of the more recent Sonics. But I designed this one especially for my custom saber, which I will EVENTUALLY get round to posting pics of Wink

Dark side points please, if necessary!

Sabers:

(_(_(_(_(|o|(((|_|]____Dominix v2_______________)

(⁅⁆} {≣≣(__)≍(o__)≍(€__Gallifreyan Destiny___________)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: