Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V 2.1 With Diamond board  (Read 10364 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« on: April 07, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLI3O5roM4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLI3O5roM4</a>

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:18:06 PM »

Hmmm . . . first Diamond Review in the House?

+1 just for that . . .

Saber roxx too!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:54:49 PM »

Hey, Seth, that was a great demo and dang beautiful Consular Green Archon you got, too. The Diamond is impressive tech, and this video makes me look forward even more to getting mine.  I won't yet have any "light side" sabers with Diamond myself, and the Archon with its MHS compatibility is such an awesome hilt for it, so my first experience with the Diamond will be some "dark side" sabers I ordered for the raffle - "dark side", hmmm, should I be concerned?

*looks up and to the right to ponder for a moment*

...anyway, like you, I'm sure looking forward to taking my first drive with it, and it's pretty great you took some time to give us a taste of what the Diamond board can do earning you a well deserved point!  Cheesy   Grin

MTFBWY, friend...  Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:20:47 PM »

Hey, Seth, that was a great demo and dang beautiful Consular Green Archon you got, too. The Diamond is impressive tech, and this video makes me look forward even more to getting mine.  I won't yet have any "light side" sabers with Diamond myself, and the Archon with its MHS compatibility is such an awesome hilt for it, so my first experience with the Diamond will be some "dark side" sabers I ordered for the raffle - "dark side", hmmm, should I be concerned?

*looks up and to the right to ponder for a moment*

...anyway, like you, I'm sure looking forward to taking my first drive with it, and it's pretty great you took some time to give us a taste of what the Diamond board can do earning you a well deserved point!  Cheesy   Grin

MTFBWY, friend...  Wink

Thanks LB. I don't do videos as well as you, I get stage fright.  Being a grey Jedi I think you can wield both.😊

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 01:10:01 AM »

Thanks LB. I don't do videos as well as you, I get stage fright. 
Whatchu talkin 'bout, Seth!? You did great! Didn't seem nervous to me. Held my interest, that's for sure.

Being a grey Jedi I think you can wield both.😊
...oh yeah, I forgot... LOL  Grin Grin Grin Smiley

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 01:11:33 AM »

Thanks for showing off the new sounds. The stab is neat but I think the spin will be the most useful for me. Is it a bad thing that everytime I on the forums I keep changing my mind as to what my next order should be. The archon keeps popping up. Thanks again.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:52 AM »

Nice video. Can't wait to order one of these once there's a store discount. Is there a stab sound for stabbing in and stabbing out, or just the forward motion?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 02:06:27 AM »

Nice video. Can't wait to order one of these once there's a store discount. Is there a stab sound for stabbing in and stabbing out, or just the forward motion?

Thanks my friend!  So there is more than one stab sound so it can make one sound on a forward stab and when you pull it back makes the other sound.  You can just jab twice forward and makes the same sound to. So it doesn't really know if your thrusting or pulling back it just senses the horizontal movement from what I can tell.

I just downloaded the software and It just adds to the current one already on my computer the Obsidian Launcher.  It's really cool though, just so loaded with stuff it's going to take me a while to figure it all out. 

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 02:10:47 AM »

Thanks my friend!  So there is more than one stab sound so it can make one sound on a forward stab and when you pull it back makes the other sound.  You can just jab twice forward and makes the same sound to. So it doesn't really know if your thrusting or pulling back it just senses the horizontal movement from what I can tell.

I just downloaded the software and It just adds to the current one already on my computer the Obsidian Launcher.  It's really cool though, just so loaded with stuff it's going to take me a while to figure it all out. 

Oh that's smart, so the backwards sound will play second either way you move it. Hopefully there will be more stab sounds available online.

I just got my hands on an emerald and V4 saber, so I'm catching up in the game.

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 02:13:44 AM »

Nice vid. Congrats!

Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere, but can you confirm that when you power on/off, the light is a little more, err, gradual? Not sure how to explain it, but I mean when compared to non-Diamond sabers where the light is instantly on and off, I noticed Diamond sabers takes a split second more before achieving its full brightness. Can you confirm it?

Also when you said "hook it up to the computer and make all kinds of changes" I was expecting you to follow it up with "all kiiiinds." Anyone? No? Sorry. *shows self out*

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 02:24:09 AM »

Very cool. It seems to fade on and off now Tongue I want me one x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 02:32:01 AM »

Nice vid. Congrats!

Not sure if this has been mentioned somewhere, but can you confirm that when you power on/off, the light is a little more, err, gradual? Not sure how to explain it, but I mean when compared to non-Diamond sabers where the light is instantly on and off, I noticed Diamond sabers takes a split second more before achieving its full brightness. Can you confirm it?

It does seem a little different than the Emerald. The Emerald Immediately lights up to full brightness. It looks to me that the Diamond takes a second to get fully lit.  I think I like it better.  It maybe the one font or the settings I really don't know yet.
The font menu takes a little work to figure out. Not quite as easy as Emory did it in his video. It take a few tries.

One thing that I'm fascinated by is the Accent pads on the board. It's got electrical tape around it to protect it, I haven't dared pull it apart to look at yet.
The software launcher does have a Diamond board configuration that had all the accent leds current and voltage information. I'm so excited to get my hands dirty.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 02:34:39 AM »

Just got around to watching this (nothing against you, I just haven't had time), and you did very well. Like LB said, you hid you nervousness extremely well (if indeed you were nervous). Very nice. I definitely want a Diamond board now, but it will just have to wait. It seems like it is pretty sensitive to motion. Do you think it is more sensitive than the v3 or v4 sound boards? I too really like the fade on and off. That really adds to the saber IMO. If that was the only extra thing that the Diamond board did, I would probably still get it, because that is a very cool feature.

Also, are you an painter, because I couldn't help noticing the paintings in the background. They are very good.

Anyways, points to you.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 02:43:53 AM »

Just got around to watching this (nothing against you, I just haven't had time), and you did very well. Like LB said, you hid you nervousness extremely well (if indeed you were nervous). Very nice. I definitely want a Diamond board now, but it will just have to wait. It seems like it is pretty sensitive to motion. Do you think it is more sensitive than the v3 or v4 sound boards? I too really like the fade on and off. That really adds to the saber IMO. If that was the only extra thing that the Diamond board did, I would probably still get it, because that is a very cool feature.

Also, are you an painter, because I couldn't help noticing the paintings in the background. They are very good.

Anyways, points to you.

It did seem a tad more sensitive, but that's all customizable. So I don't think it's really anything to worry about at all. 
I am an artist. I have been painting for most my life professionally. Pays the bills!  It was the only place I could do the video without kids getting in my way so ya you got a look.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 02:57:00 AM »

It did seem a tad more sensitive, but that's all customizable. So I don't think it's really anything to worry about at all. 
I am an artist. I have been painting for most my life professionally. Pays the bills!  It was the only place I could do the video without kids getting in my way so ya you got a look.

I wasn't worried. I have even considered changing the sensitivity on my v3 sound board.
Well, you are very good. My great grandfather was a painter as well, and I was lucky enough to get one of his paintings when he passed away. I don't mind looking. For the most part, I enjoy art. Whether it be painting, drawing, music or lightsabers, so feel free to show us more. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: