Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Graflex CE and Graflex Replica Comparison  (Read 5239 times)
Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 02:11:23 AM »

Looking at the pictures, I prefer the look of the Ultrasabers version better. But then again, I don't care about movie accuracy, just the look of it. The only part that looks worse on the Ultrasabers is the activation box, but of course, the Ultrasabers design makes it way more practical, so I prefer the Ultrasabers Graflex in that regard, too. It is a surprisingly comfortable saber.

I'm seriously considering this saber as my next purchase. Do you know how deep the blade socket is? I've also read some complain that the emitter is wobbly; is that true? Anyway, I really like the look of the US grips. I wish they'd put those on a Prophecy.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »

Looking at the pictures, I prefer the look of the Ultrasabers version better. But then again, I don't care about movie accuracy, just the look of it. The only part that looks worse on the Ultrasabers is the activation box, but of course, the Ultrasabers design makes it way more practical, so I prefer the Ultrasabers Graflex in that regard, too. It is a surprisingly comfortable saber.

I'm seriously considering this saber as my next purchase. Do you know how deep the blade socket is? I've also read some complain that the emitter is wobbly; is that true? Anyway, I really like the look of the US grips. I wish they'd put those on a Prophecy.

I do think the blade was wobbly. Of course, the previous owner of the saber screwed the retention screw all the way in until it cracked the polycarbonate, so that may have affected my situation. I'd say the depth is around 2"

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 02:01:28 AM »

I do think the blade was wobbly. Of course, the previous owner of the saber screwed the retention screw all the way in until it cracked the polycarbonate, so that may have affected my situation. I'd say the depth is around 2"
Perhaps the previous owner screwed the retention screw too far in to try to stabilize the blade... Thanks for answering my question.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 05:04:38 PM »

Ugh. Who does that u.u The screw only needs to touch the blade slightly but snug enough as to where the blade don't fly out or anything. I do that with all new sabers before reviewing them, I'm just weird like that though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »

Ugh. Who does that u.u The screw only needs to touch the blade slightly but snug enough as to where the blade don't fly out or anything. I do that with all new sabers before reviewing them, I'm just weird like that though Tongue

It just happens to be the screw they used. If I planned on using this hilt I would dremel the screw down.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 03:19:08 AM »

projectno253, wonderful side-by-side comparison.  Having big hands, I actually like the larger dimensions of the US graflex (although I'm still trying to perfect the logistics of spinning; it's a work-in-progress  Wink).  Absolutely wonderful pics, BTW^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 03:35:39 AM »

projectno253, wonderful side-by-side comparison.  Having big hands, I actually like the larger dimensions of the US graflex (although I'm still trying to perfect the logistics of spinning; it's a work-in-progress  Wink).  Absolutely wonderful pics, BTW^^

Thank you for that, it's funny because they're really the same size in almost all ways.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:39 PM »

The activation box on the Ultra Saber looks so much better IMO. 
I just can't stand the square one on the replicas with that weird looking hook on it. Ugh!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 03:19:15 AM »

The activation box on the Ultra Saber looks so much better IMO. 
I just can't stand the square one on the replicas with that weird looking hook on it. Ugh!

Oh I love the details and greeblie bits. Makes everything feel more functional. That hook is the clamp lever that secures the clamp section around the top and bottom of the hilt. Definitely a part of disassembling the lightsaber version of the prop to expose the internals

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: