Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AVOID cheap batteries  (Read 846 times)
firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« on: April 11, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »

Many here may already know this but cheap batteries are not useful in our sabers. I was recently asked to troubleshoot a friends saber with the Obsidian Lite sound in it because it would run for a couple of minutes then when it was clashed or sometimes when just moved it would reboot. They had already contacted Ultrasabers and been told to make sure their batteries were fresh/fully charged and secure. To this end they put in "brand-new" batteries and taped them in with electrical tape and had the exact same problem. This dampened their faith in Ultrasabers but as chance would have it they met me and asked about it.
I brought the saber home and opened it to find Sunbeam heavy duty batteries in it. I popped those in an inserted a set of AAA rechargeables that I had setting on my desk, with an unknown charge level, and got the same problem. I took them back out and installed a set that I knew to be fully charged and the problem seemed GONE. I let the saber run, periodically swinging and clashing it to reproduce the problem. It did not return until the saber had run for 32 minutes solid. I took those out and put in a new set of Energizer AAA alkaline batteries and tried again, only to find no issue.

Cheap batteries may have the correct voltage but they often cannot offer the current needed to run these sabers.

Again many of us may know this but hopefully those that don't will find this post. USE QUALITY BATTERIES!

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:50 AM »

VERY good advice for those new to this sort of thing

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:35:34 AM »

Always good advice.  I learned that one as a kid, when my dad used to sometimes buy cheap batteries and they wouldn't last at all.  Roll Eyes  Now it's Energizer or Duracell for alkaline and Ni-MH batteries, and I love the Xtar and Trustfire Li-Ions for my sabers.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:06 AM »

Very sound advice. Luckily, the only batteries we buy are high quality ones, and that is because the things we need them for all need the high quality batteries. But yes, good batteries make for happy sabering.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: