Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Nihilus Unstable Font  (Read 3654 times)
Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« on: April 12, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yd7tymgj6tpe5wz/AABAsk63x59d8lq0SUtj5JXOa?raw=1

This is my new font. It's a unstable saber type font for a Sith Lord.  It also includes 5 stab sounds for the new Dimond Board. I have not figured out how to add a spin sound of my own yet, but will probably update it to this font later.  Thanks

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »

Great job! The font sounds absolutely amazing, can't wait to try it on my saber. One small thing though, I noticed the stabs don't have a hum sound after them, so they might sound a bit awkward. Apart from that, congratulations!

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »

Great job! The font sounds absolutely amazing, can't wait to try it on my saber. One small thing though, I noticed the stabs don't have a hum sound after them, so they might sound a bit awkward. Apart from that, congratulations!

Thanks ModaNoodles. I'm still trying to figure those stab sounds out. I may end up redoing them once I try them out. They are overlapped with the hum. I just cut them short in them so you can hear the tapering off of the stab.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

Thanks ModaNoodles. I'm still trying to figure those stab sounds out. I may end up redoing them once I try them out. They are overlapped with the hum. I just cut them short in them so you can hear the tapering off of the stab.

I have maul spin sounds if you need them

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 05:05:54 PM »

Thanks man that would be sweet. How did you put those together. I was just thinking its just thinking its kind of a swing sound that loops right? Haven't looked into it yet.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 07:32:20 PM »

Thanks man that would be sweet. How did you put those together. I was just thinking its just thinking its kind of a swing sound that loops right? Haven't looked into it yet.

Oh I didn't do them, but I have them. I would imagine a swing sound could be looped right after itself, or perhaps start slightly before the previous swing is over. That gives it a more fluid sound than directly coming after. Slight pitch variations between each swing in the spin would keep it from sounding too repetitive. Listen to Maul's classic spin sounds. I think it's 3 higher pitched swings slightly overlapped and then 3-5 lower pitched. I can't remember exactly. Check out Maul's spinning as he runs up the stairs of the sith temple in the season 3(?) finale of rebels (if you watch that).

Would be cool to see a greivous spin sound with the sabers clashing against the floor, though it wouldn't make sense unless you were actually doing something similar to that. Or had four arms that could spin the sabers at such a speed.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 08:01:26 PM »

Oh I didn't do them, but I have them. I would imagine a swing sound could be looped right after itself, or perhaps start slightly before the previous swing is over. That gives it a more fluid sound than directly coming after. Slight pitch variations between each swing in the spin would keep it from sounding too repetitive. Listen to Maul's classic spin sounds. I think it's 3 higher pitched swings slightly overlapped and then 3-5 lower pitched. I can't remember exactly. Check out Maul's spinning as he runs up the stairs of the sith temple in the season 3(?) finale of rebels (if you watch that).

Would be cool to see a greivous spin sound with the sabers clashing against the floor, though it wouldn't make sense unless you were actually doing something similar to that. Or had four arms that could spin the sabers at such a speed.

Yes, thanks. I will go listen to Darth Maul.  We're definitely going to have to do some experimenting.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 03:55:13 AM »

Thanks for sharing this

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 03:53:53 PM »

i like the "i am the darkness " boot up so i took that and added to the dominum nox set

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: