Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 46551 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2017, 05:53:14 AM »

Very nice. Were you expecting another Guardian or were you hoping for another one? Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2017, 06:16:57 AM »

Zren, tbh I had no idea what to expect, other than some suspicions based on what I'd seen other First Place raffle winners get for their prizes, like the Monarch and Reaper, but I love the Guardian, and what Ultrasabers sent me with the nickel plating, Emerald RGBW and illuminated AV switch is absolutely gorgeous and mind blowing. If I'm being honest, though, I was really surprised to get that specific hilt, considering I had one already as the Grand Prize in the Autumn 2016 raffle, but then I recalled another forum member who had 4 Scorpions and 2 or 3 of which were from raffles, so there's that to consider, too, and really, can't complain one whit - it's a gorgeous saber, one of my favs, and it was a gift from the greatest company making sabers in the world.  Cheesy

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2017, 09:13:18 AM »

Very nice indeed LB.  I want a Chosen One so bad. Tongue

Nice score with the Guardian.  Even though you already have one, what a beautiful hilt.

+1 Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »

That Guardian staff looks killer. I bet it's got some weight to it though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Ragtuok
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -6

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2017, 11:54:52 AM »

Hey guys and gals! New to the forums... here's some pics of first place prize

Purchased...

Won...

Own:
  Dark Apprentice LE V4 BR
  Phantom LE V4 BR
  Dark Initiate V4 (3 pike extensions (yeah, I made a spear... so what!)) BR
  Renegade LE BR
  Electrum Wind Duel chanel (B+G) w/sound (2017 spring raffle winner!!)

I might have a thing for red...

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »

Hey guys and gals! New to the forums... here's some pics of first place prize

Purchased...

Won...

Oh very cool Ragtuok!

Great choice on the spear/pike (exactly like mine Tongue)

Great score for a prize as well.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »

Awesome LB . . . . And congrats on a great prize, and points for more outstanding photos . . . +1  Smiley

And thank you to everyone sharing pics, more points from me . . . Smiley

Actually, the other day I gave points to everyone sharing pics of their entry sabers and the lucky ones who won something too . . . We LOVE pics here, as many as we can get . . . Even if you think it's been done before, something might stand out to someone and you might inspire someone to live their SW dreams of owning, and wielding, and duelling, their own hilt . . . So anyone who entered or won, and haven't yet, don't be shy, share your pics with us . . .

In saying that, lol, I managed to sneak some quick pics of mine today . . .

Raffle Entry . . . Diamond Dark Prophecy, currently set to AS, with black / white av ;

I've always liked the Prophecy (I have a GB silver one), but it's just a little short for me and recently I remembered a solution . . . Using a left over part from this project http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31672, specifically one of the Side Blade Extension pieces, and adding it at the pommel end, just about makes this Prophecy the PERFECT length, for me . . . . even more perfect than the Sentinel ? ? ?  Shocked

Here's the Prophecy next to my Sentinel ;

And here with the Extension piece ;

IS THIS MY NEW FAVORITE ? ? ?  Grin Grin Grin

And here is my prize . . . Monarch in CG . . .

Finally someone understands!

Haha, yes brother, I understand . . .

I feel somewhat bad . . . I am grateful, for my prize, and I really am trying hard to find a way to like anything about this hilt . . . And, putting aside that this hilt doesn't appeal to me visually, it's mostly that I can't find a comfortable grip, for me, at all . . . I just put it down to different strokes for different folks . . .  Undecided

Not thrilled about the Monarch eh?  We should talk. Wink

For sure LR, lets chat . . . The last thing I'd want is for this hilt to just sit in a box (or, a "drawer" Corwyn?  Tongue) with no love from me, lol . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »

My raffle prize!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

The GUARDIAN - Emerald RGBW with white illuminated silver AV switch with silver bezel, nickel finish and Obsidian V4 sound...

Guardian Saber Staff!

So I was watching the review and hadn't scrolled down far enough to see your prize, and I was pretty much "over" the Chosen One. And then all of a sudden

My pants felt a great disturbance in the force!

Then my pants were extremely tight  Shocked

And then... then I just needed new pants

CONGRATS ON TWO GUARDIANS YOU DAMN LUCKY DOG!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Point coming at you for that glorious staff!

And here is my prize . . . Monarch in CG . . .

Haha, yes brother, I understand . . .

I feel somewhat bad . . . I am grateful, for my prize, and I really am trying hard to find a way to like anything about this hilt . . . And, putting aside that this hilt doesn't appeal to me visually, it's mostly that I can't find a comfortable grip, for me, at all . . . I just put it down to different strokes for different folks . . .  Undecided

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2017, 02:42:06 PM »

*double post*

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »

Great 1st place prize.  Certainly an interesting Staff.  Wink

Both of you!  Electrum Wind is awesome as well!

If I'm being honest, though, I was really surprised to get that specific hilt, considering I had one already as the Grand Prize in the Autumn 2016 raffle.

It is absolutely, 1000% random.

In fact, I am pretty sure it goes something like this:

All the 1st place prizes are sitting together.

All the 1st place prize winning boxes are given to the person doing the "Final" packing.

They grab the hilt nearest them, stuff it in the next box & seal it.  (This person would obviously have no clue who you are & what you own, even if they looked at the name.)

So yes - as they say - it is legitimately RANDOM what you get.  Smiley

(Unless you are Shade.  Then they just enjoy sending you Scorpions every time you win something.   Cheesy )

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2017, 03:20:50 PM »

Ha ha ha you fellas are hilarious !  Prowl must be doing a happy vindicated dance right now.  The Monarch just doesn't do it for me either but I think that the pommel on something else could be good.  Cheesy

Jed... I really like that extension piece on your Prophecy.  Not sure if I would want Diamond on that saber just because of the limited internal space of the hilt.  But it's a great way to solve the sound or color change dilemma.

Ragtuok... I would be so happy to get that EW for a 1st place prize.

LB... That Guardian staff is gorgeous !

Isola... what can I say about your responses !  Wink  snicker  Grin   I automatically want to give you dark side points.  Tongue

points to everyone and thanks for the share  Smiley

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »

Isola... what can I say about your responses !  Wink  snicker  Grin   I automatically want to give you dark side points.  Tongue

A Jedi in the streets, and a Sith in the sheets Wink

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »

IS THIS MY NEW FAVORITE ? ? ?  Grin Grin Grin

What's great to me is this, after several years and owning different hilts - being surprised and in love with something new and special is just icing on the cake.

Congrats Jed, what a fantastic Prophecy!

I love mine and I'm happy to be a member of the Prophecy Order Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »

Hnggggg. Point!

EW in GB is not bad! Not bad a all. Congrats!

Genius. I love the Prophecy pommel, so point coming your way for extending the length while keeping the pommel.  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »

Very nice indeed LB.  I want a Chosen One so bad. Tongue

Nice score with the Guardian.  Even though you already have one, what a beautiful hilt.

+1 Smiley
Thanks, buddy. 👊

That Guardian staff looks killer. I bet it's got some weight to it though.
It's a little weighty but not unmanageable. The grip section really overcomes that anyway. Dual Guardians in Guardian Blue. That'd go pretty cool with an Obi Wan cosplay. Obi Wan's alternate reality battle with Darth Maul   Cool

Great 1st place prize.  Certainly an interesting Staff.  Wink

It is absolutely, 1000% random.

In fact, I am pretty sure it goes something like this:

All the 1st place prizes are sitting together.

All the 1st place prize winning boxes are given to the person doing the "Final" packing.

They grab the hilt nearest them, stuff it in the next box & seal it.  (This person would obviously have no clue who you are & what you own, even if they looked at the name.)

So yes - as they say - it is legitimately RANDOM what you get.  Smiley

(Unless you are Shade.  Then they just enjoy sending you Scorpions every time you win something.   Cheesy )
Thanks, LC. I'm guessing you're right about that AND that it was the will of the Force. All is as the Force wills it.  Grin

Hey guys and gals! New to the forums... here's some pics of first place prize.

Very cool raffle entry! That thing is incredible. Congrats on the Electrum Wind, too. I love mine and would never part with it. It is precious to me  Cheesy very cool stuff. +1

So I was watching the review and hadn't scrolled down far enough to see your prize, and I was pretty much "over" the Chosen One. And then all of a sudden.

My pants felt a great disturbance in the force!

Then my pants were extremely tight  Shocked

And then... then I just needed new pants

CONGRATS ON TWO GUARDIANS YOU DAMN LUCKY DOG!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Point coming at you for that glorious staff!
Ha haaaaaaaaaa. That was awesome  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Thanks for the point and making me lol.   Wink

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: