Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 45984 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2017, 06:15:01 AM »

True, they one-up us there Cheesy

Except me. My shipping takes almost if not as long as yours, and I live in the past.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »

Just a couple of pictures for now

Raffle Entry:

Isola Random Hilt Challenge Crimson Scorpion (well the pommel is crimson, the rest is probably more like... unripe tomato. Very different to the crimson hilts I've seen posted on the forums)...

... in Bane's Heart w/silver FOC and white illuminated AV switch.

Third Place Prize:

A grab bag Standard Issue saber also with grab bag blade by the look of it, that I paid to upgrade to Diamond. It has the US logo engraved on the back (I think it's engraving. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) and I remember someone saying that those sabers were pretty old con sabers or some such? Which would make sense because this one has quite a few war wounds.

And a couple of chargers. Idiot me forgot to add the extra $10 to upgrade the grab bag saber charger when I requested the upgrades, so there is one of each sort. And the freebie blade plug. I was unable buy the really nice circle blade plug because they appear to be out of stock in the drop down menu Sad

IRHC review video to come soon for the Salmon Scorpion. And for the Grab Bag SI I'll probably do a two in one review video with my stunt Standard Issue that I hadn't gotten around to reviewing yet.

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »

Just a couple of pictures for now

Raffle Entry:

Isola Random Hilt Challenge Crimson Scorpion (well the pommel is crimson, the rest is probably more like... unripe tomato. Very different to the crimson hilts I've seen posted on the forums)...

... in Bane's Heart w/silver FOC and white illuminated AV switch.

Third Place Prize:

A grab bag Standard Issue saber also with grab bag blade by the look of it, that I paid to upgrade to Diamond. It has the US logo engraved on the back (I think it's engraving. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) and I remember someone saying that those sabers were pretty old con sabers or some such? Which would make sense because this one has quite a few war wounds.

And a couple of chargers. Idiot me forgot to add the extra $10 to upgrade the grab bag saber charger when I requested the upgrades, so there is one of each sort. And the freebie blade plug. I was unable buy the really nice circle blade plug because they appear to be out of stock in the drop down menu Sad

IRHC review video to come soon for the Salmon Scorpion. And for the Grab Bag SI I'll probably do a two in one review video with my stunt Standard Issue that I hadn't gotten around to reviewing yet.

Ok that's it. I've completely turned. I like the Scorpion now. Can't wait for your review!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »

don't think I've ever seen a hilt with the US logo on it like that. so that's extremely rare or something really old and obscure. either way, quite impressive.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2017, 03:36:43 PM »

The sabers with the logo were fairly common in grab bags about two years ago... say summer of 2015.  Mixed reviews from members about liking a brand on their saber or not and where it should be placed.  But most of us agreed that owning one stunt with the logo was cool.  Smiley

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »

The sabers with the logo were fairly common in grab bags about two years ago... say summer of 2015.  Mixed reviews from members about liking a brand on their saber or not and where it should be placed.  But most of us agreed that owning one stunt with the logo was cool.  Smiley

ok, old and obscure it is. I do agree, having one stunt with it would be cool.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »

Busy week so it took me a while to get a pic of my 4th Place Prize:

A beautiful Dominix V4 with Windows & a Black AV Switch in Blazing Red

Thank you, UltraSabers, for your continued generosity with the constant Raffles & Promotions!

It's greatly appreciated!

Congratulations, LC.  I like the look of that saber (still debating whether to get the Dark Apprentice, Dark Sentinel, and--now thanks to your pic--Dominix w/ BR).  Choices....

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2017, 06:17:20 PM »

Busy week so it took me a while to get a pic of my 4th Place Prize:

A beautiful Dominix V4 with Windows & a Black AV Switch in Blazing Red

I missed this one...

Another member of the Dominix club! Tongue

Congrats LC - looks sweet. Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »

Yeah, that's one nice looking weapon.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2017, 02:58:19 AM »

WOO HOO . . . . my delivery arrived late yesterday with my Entry & Raffle win . . . . what was inside the box ? ? ? . . . the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, hehe  Tongue

The Good ;
Entry . . . Diamond Dark Prophecy . . . AMAZING . . . AWESOME . . . I've made a slight hilt adjustment (I'll explain that later, when I can get some pics up) and it feels just sooo niiiice to weild . . . and so far, my first impressions of the Diamond controller are REALLY GOOD, can't wait to find the time to play with the settings . . .

The Bad ;
Well . . . not really bad, just frustrating, lol . . . after putting fresh batteries in the Dark Prophecy, I really struggled to get the battery pack / Diamond back in the hilt without putting pressure on the wiring (that's how it felt) . . . It might just be because of the limited space inside a v3 hilt? . . . and I feel I have to be extra slow and careful changing batteries, or I guess even connecting to my PC to make Diamond changes . . .

The Ugly ;
My second prize win . . . . a Monarch . . . . cool setup, with CG blade, white FoC, v4 Obsidian (awesome), and an av switch (thank you US) . . . . but . . . . and I guess it had to happen at some point, of all the US hilts I've played with, this is the first time I can't find something to like about one of these hilt designs . . . I'm really trying, but I can't . . . Isola loves his, it's his most comfortable hilt, and he's already given me some tips on different ways to grip it, but, at this stage, I can't find a way to make it feel comfortable to me . . . I'll give it some time, and see how I go . . .

I guess, each of us have different tastes, and so far the Monarch is not doin' it for me at all, lol . . . there's a first . . . for me  Undecided

I'll hopefully get some pics up in the next few days . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2017, 03:22:15 AM »

Whatever, Jed.  Just because Prowl doesn't like it doesn't mean you have to pretend you don't either.

He already sent me this picture of himself at home and was giddy that he'd now have an awesome "Lightscepter" to complete his look.

And no.  There was no explanation for the costume, and I sure as heck wasn't gonna ask.  What people do on their own time is their business . . .

Oh. 

One more thing:

Congratulations, LC.  I like the look of that saber (still debating whether to get the Dark Apprentice, Dark Sentinel, and--now thanks to your pic--Dominix w/ BR).  Choices....

You want the Dark Sentinel, NO Emitter Windows, Blazing Red, Black AV Switch.

You'll feel like you can take on the whole Empire yourself.

(But if you say that & you're Luke's co-pilot in ESB, you'll be killed roughly 46 seconds later.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2017, 03:43:30 AM »

Hahaha  Tongue

Where did you get that pic? . . . I thought all evidence of that night were destroyed? . . . Now . . . if you had of actually photoshopped a Monarch in my hand? (lol  Tongue) . . . that would have been impressive  Wink

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:21 AM »

I did contemplate that. 

But it's late. And I just finished work. Because I was dealing with you people in AUSTRALIA 14 hours ahead of us here.   Tongue

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2017, 05:31:58 AM »

@Jed - congrats!  Looking fwd to some pics and esp the "hilt change" you made to your new Dark Prophecy Grin Wink

@TheDutchman - don't listen to him, emitter windows all the way on either the Apprentice or Sentinel Cheesy, BUT not the Dominix Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

jorussic
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2017, 06:45:29 AM »

Congratulations to all of the winners.  I really, really, really wanted to win and got sad when I did not.

Anyway, here are my entry sabers (from left to right):

• Aeon LE v4 in TRI Consular Green & OB Lite, windowed emitter & Covertec set
  • Sentinel LE v4 in Fire Orange (Grab Bag)
  • Aeon v2 in Blazing Red (Grab Bag)
  • Apprentice v4 in Violet Amethyst & OB Lite, windowed emitter
  • Prophecy v3 in Guardian Blue & OB Lite

Onto the next raffle!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: