Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Author Topic: Spring Raffle 2017 Entry & Prize Thread  (Read 45969 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »

@TheDutchman - don't listen to him, emitter windows all the way on either the Apprentice or Sentinel Cheesy, BUT not the Dominix Smiley

I don't know. I don't have them, and my Dark Apprentice is beautiful.

@jorussic, those are some beautiful sabers. How are you liking the Fire Orange?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:53 AM »

Jed: Congrats!  Looking forward to seeing pics.  Smiley  Not thrilled about the Monarch eh?  We should talk. Wink

Dutchman: I'm with hazard502 - windows all day.  Roll Eyes   I think Lord Canterbury has sustained a brain injury...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Choc-O
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »

Entry: Sentinel V4 (Diamond)
2nd Place Prize: Manticore (Obsidian V3, High Profile Pommel, Blazing Red with Silver FoC, Black Guarded Switch)

Pictures to come...

My Sabers (10)
Dominix LE V2 (CG) (Grab Bag) | Prophecy V3 (RD) | Crimson Scorpion (Sound) (DVA & BH FoC) | Menace CE (Emerald) | Initiate V2 (AB) | Initiate V2 (CG) | Sentinel V4 (Diamond) | Black Reaper (Diamond) | Manticore (BR) (Sound V3) (Second Prize Spring Raffle 2017) | Guardian (Sound) (Tri-AB)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2017, 05:37:49 PM »

@Jed - congrats!  Looking fwd to some pics and esp the "hilt change" you made to your new Dark Prophecy Grin Wink

@TheDutchman - don't listen to him, emitter windows all the way on either the Apprentice or Sentinel Cheesy, BUT not the Dominix Smiley

Hazard, I do like how the Dominix looks, both with or without windows.  Having said that, respectfully, I think I prefer windows  Wink  But: to each their own  Cool

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »

Hazard, I do like how the Dominix looks, both with or without windows.  Having said that, respectfully, I think I prefer windows  Wink  But: to each their own  Cool

Absolutely!  My fav grip point is where the windows sit and that's why I'd go without but it does look sweet with them!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »

Absolutely!  My fav grip point is where the windows sit and that's why I'd go without but it does look sweet with them!
Oh good point; I had not considered the practical reasons to go "windowless."  On that point, which saber body would you consider the best for spinning, combat, etc.  I'm trying to work with my graflex (which looks great) but is somewhat difficult for me to utilize effectively (I figure that I can get another saber w/ a more ergonomic hilt and practice first with that to build up some skills before transferring back to the graflex  Wink).

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2017, 09:20:44 PM »

The Ugly ;
My second prize win . . . . a Monarch . . . . cool setup, with CG blade, white FoC, v4 Obsidian (awesome), and an av switch (thank you US) . . . . but . . . . and I guess it had to happen at some point, of all the US hilts I've played with, this is the first time I can't find something to like about one of these hilt designs . . . I'm really trying, but I can't . . . Isola loves his, it's his most comfortable hilt, and he's already given me some tips on different ways to grip it, but, at this stage, I can't find a way to make it feel comfortable to me . . . I'll give it some time, and see how I go . . .

I guess, each of us have different tastes, and so far the Monarch is not doin' it for me at all, lol . . . there's a first . . . for me  Undecided

Finally someone understands!  The veterans know all about my pure hatred for this hilt, it was well known even before I won one as a first place prize in a raffle (I think US was trolling me, lol)  But i consider my opinion of this hilt to really hold weight more with people now because i have owned one and held it in my actual hands.  It's terrible to look at, and easily the most uncomfortable hilt I have ever held.  I could not find any way to hold it that wasn't irksome.  Now you understand why I was so.......perturbed when I won mine.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »

On that point, which saber body would you consider the best for spinning, combat, etc.

Sentinel . . . any variation you prefer!

And, if you really want windows, it doesn't matter on that one like it does on the Aeon / Dominix:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31655.0

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »

And, if you really want windows, it doesn't matter on that one like it does on the Aeon / Dominix:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31655.0

Thanks for the link, LC; as I said in-post: outstanding saber  Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »

@Dutchman, but Blazing Red is empire kinda colors for lightsabers so more like you'll feel like you can run the entire galaxy rather than the empire Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2017, 11:32:26 PM »

Thanks for the link, LC; as I said in-post: outstanding saber  Grin

Agree and to add, almost any V4 series lightsabers ... amazing to handle and IMO nicer styling than the V2 / V3 hilts.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2017, 11:36:01 PM »

Agree and to add, almost any V4 series lightsabers ... amazing to handle and IMO nicer styling than the V2 / V3 hilts.

I prefer the V3 Aeon/Dominix/Initiate style over the V4 when it comes to looks but I haven't had any of those V4s in hand so I can't be certain about that assessment. The Sentinel is a great hilt though, looks good with or without windows and is really comfortable to hold.

Choc-O
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »

I agree !!! Just received my Sentinel V4 (Raffle Entry) and I enjoy it with a 32 inches blade !

My Sabers (10)
Dominix LE V2 (CG) (Grab Bag) | Prophecy V3 (RD) | Crimson Scorpion (Sound) (DVA & BH FoC) | Menace CE (Emerald) | Initiate V2 (AB) | Initiate V2 (CG) | Sentinel V4 (Diamond) | Black Reaper (Diamond) | Manticore (BR) (Sound V3) (Second Prize Spring Raffle 2017) | Guardian (Sound) (Tri-AB)

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:29 AM »

I agree !!! Just received my Sentinel V4 (Raffle Entry) and I enjoy it with a 32 inches blade !

I keep a 32" blade on my Dark Sentinel as well.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2017, 05:12:03 AM »

Hey everybody, I'm a bit late, but wanted to share my Spring 2017 Raffle winning entry... As a raffle winning entry, you could say by its name that it was the will of the Force...

The CHOSEN ONE!!
Such character and full of the dark side of the Force, this is THE weapon of the Dark Lord of the Sith... at least my version, anyway...   Wink  Nickel finish, Tri Blazing Red, Black Activation Box with Red Illuminated Black AV Switch...

take a look...

Free Blade Plug!

More here including my First Place raffle prize...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEkIFvG2KWE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEkIFvG2KWE</a>

My raffle prize!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

The GUARDIAN - Emerald RGBW with white illuminated silver AV switch with silver bezel, nickel finish and Obsidian V4 sound...

Guardian Saber Staff!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: