Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Battlefront II Trailer Leaked  (Read 4740 times)
projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »

Has anyone else seen the teaser trailer? Beautiful piece.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:17 PM »

I most certainly have. However, seeing as how big of a let down the first one was (for me), I'm not sure if I want this one or not.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:35:16 PM »

I most certainly have. However, seeing as how big of a let down the first one was (for me), I'm not sure if I want this one or not.

I was surprised to see so many people on other sites have that same opinion. The first game was definitely missing a ton of features that I would've wanted (I can't complain because I bought the game when it was $20), but this new one seems to have most of everything anyone would want.

Hopefully they'll do a full trailer for SWC, either that or just the teaser trailer, and discuss the features. I can't say I'd pre-order it or even buy it at launch, but I'm definitely in for the clone wars era

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:40:27 PM »

There was just a lot about the gameplay that I don't enjoy. Especially now that they underpowered the Heroes. Playing with Heroes, and doing the air battles is what I loved most, but they have changed them both so much now.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 11:46:00 PM »

There was just a lot about the gameplay that I don't enjoy. Especially now that they underpowered the Heroes. Playing with Heroes, and doing the air battles is what I loved most, but they have changed them both so much now.

I agree. Heroes in multiplayer die so easily. Playing heroes on bot mode is great though, probably my favorite thing to do (sprint around as Luke and baseball bat stormtroopers with that beautiful green saber (the singular reason I bought my Archon!)). The air battles were so repetitive but the sounds are great.

I'm hoping this time around it's more complex. DICE tried to make it not like Battlefield, even though Battlefront was inspired by Battlefield. We need bases with ships, and ammo! Well, I didn't mind the overheating. Never needed ammo. But classes would be much better, even though customization overtook the class system in all games.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 11:51:07 PM »

Did you ever play any of the original Battlefront games? Because Battlefront 2 was always my favorite. As you got kills, your character would get perks, and eventually after enough kills, you could become different classes of guys, and even Jedi or Sith. It was none of the "oh look, there's a token floating there for me to become a hero with" thing. It actually took some skill to get them. That is how I was hoping Battlefront would be, but they didn't do that. What made that game so great was the graphics and the sound. They are top notch.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »

I agree with you Teagin, Battlefront II is also my favorite.   Grin 
Love that game and still play it from time to time. 

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »

Did you ever play any of the original Battlefront games? Because Battlefront 2 was always my favorite. As you got kills, your character would get perks, and eventually after enough kills, you could become different classes of guys, and even Jedi or Sith. It was none of the "oh look, there's a token floating there for me to become a hero with" thing. It actually took some skill to get them. That is how I was hoping Battlefront would be, but they didn't do that. What made that game so great was the graphics and the sound. They are top notch.

I absolutely did play them. I remember getting Battlefront 2 for Christmas, when it came out I believe. I played it so often that I had the award side arm pistol as the default (getting the awards so many times eventually gave them to you as your default). I never played battlefront 1 until I did so with my friend who grew up more with than one than the second one. I have Battlefront 2 on my laptop and keychain USB stick, and about 13 GB of mods and maps   Grin for a good stretch of time last year I played it almost every day.

They were both more complex and skill based it seems. Especially on your point about gaining points to achieve heroes rather than tokens. It's a lot more rewarding that way, and it goes the same way with the award weapons. The tri burst clone rifle was exciting to unlock and use.

I would personally have the set weapons class system over one default class that has access to all the weapons. I don't think people/DICE realize how much more immersive it is to be given a set of specific tools than to choose what you want. That applies to battlefield and battlefront, it makes you feel much more like a solider when you can only choose certain kits. Nowadays it's all about a wide range of guns...it's less immersive that I can play as a stormtrooper with a CA-87 shock blaster rather than having just an E-11 as a stormtrooper, or a rifle as a scout, etc.

Graphics and sound are a big part for me. Specifically the cinematic aspects of gameplay. DICE is always great with sound (their sound design has been amazing since 2008), as well as with their graphics from 2008 too (see: Bad Company 1).

I feel especially close to their sound, considering I have a 30 GB file library containing every individual audio clip from Battlefront. Lol. It's heaven for making soundfonts, or if I were to make a fan film.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »

If they'd just add a singleplayer campaign mode, I think more people would like it.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »

If they'd just add a singleplayer campaign mode, I think more people would like it.
True that!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »

My favorite game play mode in the first one is Survival.  I love that.  But, it's limited to a few maps.  Sad  Fortunately, I didn't actually pay for my copy, though.  It came bundled with my PS4.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »

Yes. That would help a ton.

My favorite game play mode in the first one is Survival.  I love that.  But, it's limited to a few maps.  Sad  Fortunately, I didn't actually pay for my copy, though.  It came bundled with my PS4.

So did mine. I do really enjoy the Survival mode as well.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »

I already have a copy of Battlefront 2. I play it all the time on my old Xbox haha.

I'm glad so many other Star Wars fans are in agreement about the low quality of bEAttlefront. It's really sad that over 10 years later they still couldnt handle the same features and gameplay and complexity that made Battlefront 2 such a hit. I think they honestly would have done better just prettying up Battlefront 2, adding more video content, maybe an original trilogy campaign mode, and some pretty movie scenes.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 05:48:21 AM »

I just watched the official trailer for this game, and it looks TOTALLY WICKED!!! It also has a campaign, and that campaign is in the official Star Wars Canon.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

I just watched the official trailer for this game, and it looks TOTALLY WICKED!!! It also has a campaign, and that campaign is in the official Star Wars Canon.

I agree, it looks great. I love campaigns.

Finally we'll be able to get some cinematic story coverage concerning post ROTJ. And I can't wait to see the battle of jakku. I would love to see that in a rogue one sequel film (rogue squadron). Maybe even that could have battlefront's main character as one of the bad guys. But I'm getting ahead of myself  Grin

Did you notice the red figure had a hologram of the emperor's face?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: