Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: THE LAST JEDI: OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER  (Read 8978 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »

@Lord Bladewraith, I did that on my iPad as well.

@Darth Calon, the trailer did not quite give me what I wanted, but I am totally excited for it.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 11:38:12 PM »

@Lord Bladewraith, I did that on my iPad as well.
Awesome! I am really LOVING the red overtones in the Star Wars title, the movie poster, it's really drawing me in.

@Darth Calon, the trailer did not quite give me what I wanted, but I am totally excited for it.
Yeah, remember this is only a teaser trailer, and it's only meant to give a taste. Be like Rey and let your mind go and look beyond what the trailer shows to get a stronger sense of where this movie could take us. I'm in awe of what is to come.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 06:58:45 PM »

Oh, and the trailer looks cool too.

Doesn't make sense. it "looks cool" but "did not quite give me what I wanted" and yet you're "totally excited for it"?

Some clarification may be needed

Yeah, remember this is only a teaser trailer, and it's only meant to give a taste. Be like Rey and let your mind go and look beyond what the trailer shows to get a stronger sense of where this movie could take us. I'm in awe of what is to come.
I said the same thing to a friend on facebook. This is a teaser trailer for a movie coming out at Christmas. For those people saying it didn't give them enough I will say, have patience. For those who didn't like it, i feel sorry for them. it may not have given us much story, but the job of a trailer is to get us excited for a new movie, not tell us everything that will happen (that's why we actually sit down and watch the thing).

For those who hated it, I fail to see what's to hate, but each to their own.

I've watched it 4 times now, trying to like it. But nope.
No offence, but if a person who didn't know you as well as some on the forum do were to read many of your posts (about movies, actresses, tv shows etc) they might get the impression that you're a hater. I'm not saying you are (because I know you fairly well), but you must admit that a lot of your comments more often than not tend to fall in the "meh" category (outside of certain DC tv shows). It would help if you elaborated on your various pov's to explain why you feel the way you do. Just something to think about.

Meanwhile, back in trailerland, has anyone managed to decipher/determine all of the whispered dialogue from the trailer yet?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 10:36:07 PM »

The trailer didn't do much for me either. I agree with Knox that a trailer is meant to draw you in, this just didn't do it for me. I am looking forward to the movie, but because of how the last movie ended, not due to the trailer.

Here's what I got out of it.  First, the poster: if you didn't know any better, that could easily be Obi-Wan and Ankakin, especially Adam Driver looking like Anakin. This returns to the "Master's (Obi-Wan/Luke) apprentice (Luke/Rey) has to redeem master's (Obi-Wan/Luke) fallen student (Anakin/Kylo)" theme. Family dynamic's probably a little different this time though. Also on the poster, notice the lightsaber blade fades to red at the top.
Second, the trailer: Finn's in a coma, may or may not wake up during the movie, Poe is a badass pilot, even when the hanger gets blown up, and the Resistance and First Order are still trying to kill each other.

Luke is teaching Rey that there must be balance in the Force, not that the Light side must defeat the Dark. His comment "the jedi must end" I can see taken one of two ways, either he feels that if there are no jedi, there will be no darksiders (Sith/Dark jedi/Renlettes/etc.) or that, just as there are no more "Sith" there cannot/should not be any more "jedi." My guess is that he means the latter. The time of the "strict/dogmatic" jedi has passed. But, since there is a new threat from the Dark Side, in the form of the Knights of Ren (also known as Kylo's Krew), there needs to be a new order of light siders to counter them. Thus, the jedi need to end, but a new order, with a different vision and "rules" needs to take their place.

I presume that the dramatic opening with Rey collapsing panting is due to Luke making her run up and down all the stairs/path/hillside we saw her take to get to him at the end of TFA. Nice to see her practicing with her lightsaber though.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

I'll reply to Knox later when I turn my computer on.

But Viv, Finn will wake up. Him and Rose have to have an adventure together. I think Luke will die, and if not, he will stop being a Jedi and have Rey take his place as the last Jedi. But yes, there will be a balance once again, but we don't yet know how. As for why she falls down at the beginning, there is a cave right b hind her that I think she comes out of and then falls down. It'll probably be something along the lines of Luke's Degobah adventure.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 12:00:37 AM »

Doesn't make sense. it "looks cool" but "did not quite give me what I wanted" and yet you're "totally excited for it"?

Some clarification may be needed

Yes, the trailer looks cool. They put stuff in the trailer that I think will be cool once it is in the movie. It was not quite what I wanted to see from the first SW8 trailer, but I am still extremely excited for the movie. Does that make sense or do I need to try to explain in again?

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 04:37:41 AM »

I have been a fan of Star Wars since I first saw the movies in 1983 (ROTJ in theaters). This is a glorious time for us fans. We are lucky that a company like Disney has revived it in such an awesome way and is handing the reigns to people who know what their doing. The Force Awakens was phenominal and anyone who has watched any of Rian Johnson's work, will know that The Last Jedi will deliver everything we want and then some. This new "teaser trailer" has done it's job and leaves you hungry for more. The only disappointment I got, was the moment it was over. It was incredible and showed me that it was the beginning of so much more brilliant awesomeness to come.

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »

I have been a fan of Star Wars since I first saw the movies in 1983 (ROTJ in theaters). This is a glorious time for us fans. We are lucky that a company like Disney has revived it in such an awesome way and is handing the reigns to people who know what their doing. The Force Awakens was phenominal and anyone who has watched any of Rian Johnson's work, will know that The Last Jedi will deliver everything we want and then some. This new "teaser trailer" has done it's job and leaves you hungry for more. The only disappointment I got, was the moment it was over. It was incredible and showed me that it was the beginning of so much more brilliant awesomeness to come.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who like TFA. Yes, it had it's problems, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. And from what I saw in The Last Jedi panel, I'm pretty sure it'll be incredible.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 12:52:32 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who like TFA. Yes, it had it's problems, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. And from what I saw in The Last Jedi panel, I'm pretty sure it'll be incredible.

Everyone I know in the real world who has seen it likes or even loves it, including me.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 06:06:58 PM »

Usually when I see someone complaining that TFA was horrible, it somehow comes back to them being mad that the EU books are “no longer Canon”.

Which is kind of silly because . . .

-   In terms of the MOVIES, the EU Books were ALWAYS a separate Universe and George Lucas never actually even read any of them.  You can Google it.  George Lucas has been very explicit over the years that when they decided to allow people to write the novels, they would be in a separate “Universe” from his movies.  When Disney / LucasFilm said they were “no longer Canon” they meant with the new Books coming out, because now everything they do going forward is rolled into Movie Canon - a "shared universe" from now on.  So let’s summarize.  Before:  EU not part of “Movie Canon”.  Now:  EU not part of “Movie Canon”.  Wink

-   Regardless of the above fact, you have to recognize that the EU mythology is uber-dense and you can’t possibly assume the general movie-going audience to know all (any?) of it.  The overwhelming majority of the Audience would be totally lost.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »

See, if they'd just said outright that the EU wasn't canon, like they did with Star Trek, there wouldn't be any issue.  People would just accept it.  Of course, nobody ever said it was canon either, I don't know where the assumption came from that it was.  I guess, with only three movies in existence, people just started seeing the books and whatnot as the rest of the story, not knowing that anyone was ever going to make more films.  So, if people hate TFA just because they made an incorrect assumption, that's on them. Of course Lucasfilm isn't going to guarantee that casual fans have read all of that.  Hell, I've read more Star Wars books than many people who watch the films have, and I've only scratched the surface of what is there.  Plus, some of it is contradictory and doesn't even line up with the films, such as the old Marvel comics, which are part of the EU.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 01:46:57 AM »

See, if they'd just said outright that the EU wasn't canon, like they did with Star Trek, there wouldn't be any issue.  People would just accept it.  Of course, nobody ever said it was canon either, I don't know where the assumption came from that it was.  I guess, with only three movies in existence, people just started seeing the books and whatnot as the rest of the story, not knowing that anyone was ever going to make more films.  So, if people hate TFA just because they made an incorrect assumption, that's on them. Of course Lucasfilm isn't going to guarantee that casual fans have read all of that.  Hell, I've read more Star Wars books than many people who watch the films have, and I've only scratched the surface of what is there.  Plus, some of it is contradictory and doesn't even line up with the films, such as the old Marvel comics, which are part of the EU.

Basically there came a time when apparently Lucasfilm said "If it doesn't contradict the films...go ahead and think its canon."  I can not find any source for that but that was the consensus and why the Post ROTJ books were worshiped as canon.  But then when the Prequels came out..some things in the books began contradicting the films.  Prime Example is Boba's origin.  The Current rule now is The Films, Television shows (not counting the Clone Wars Micro Series) and any book or comic published (not under Legends) after april 2014 is canon.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 02:04:34 AM »

The Current rule now is The Films, Television shows (not counting the Clone Wars Micro Series) and any book or comic published (not under Legends) after april 2014 is canon.   

As well as Battlefront 2 campaign.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »

As well as Battlefront 2 campaign.

Yea, I wasn't to clear on where the games lied.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 02:12:12 AM »

Yea, I wasn't to clear on where the games lied.

So far, it is just Battlefront 2. They have been working together with Lucasfilms for the campaign. I can't wait to play it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: