Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How detailed is the choreography in videos/demonstrations  (Read 927 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« on: April 14, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »

For anyone who does videos or demonstrations that are not strictly a competition, how detailed is the choreography?

Is every single move prescribed before the shoot/demo, or is there a bit of freestyle sparring mixed with some scripted events?

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 10:34:25 PM »

If you are talking about spinning, it can go either way. Most of my routines are freestyle. If there are pause moments or highlights in the music I am using, I may plan those the intro and the finish. I imagine there is a lot of variety in choreo too. There is a thing I used to call Troma fighting where everything is improv except the strike. The strike angle is planned so it can be blocked. In bad movies, the strike is always from the same angle. Flynn fighting (as in Eroll Flynn) is a repetitive series of predictable movements that can be done by route. And then there are those who plan every detail of every exchange.  There is a pinned link someone provided in this section on notations systems that gives a good look at that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: