Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: LB's Diamond RGBW Crimson Scorpion Review  (Read 3345 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »

Hey, everyone, here is my second Diamond saber, a Spring 2017 raffle entry - the Crimson Scorpion Diamond RGBW with Claw!

I am again DELIGHTED by this beautiful, awesome looking saber creation from Ultra Sabers! I love the red anodization finish - it is BEAUTIFUL and has a gorgeous satin finish. I love the claw so much, which I didn't expect,  and I think it adds a flare that makes this saber a triple thread with the two windows in the emitter on one side and the claw on the other side, not to mention the subtely of the "dimples" on the outside edge of the claw itself. I can't leave this one alone, can't put it down. The silver/red anodized finish is more amazing than I ever imagined. You don't know the beauty of the Crimson finish until you see one in person. I also love, love, love the double layer hilt. The Diamond board is cutting edge, and I still haven't grasped how much potential this thing has. Lots of time for that, though, so no rush, right? Haven't tried to program any custom gestures yet, or for that matter, connect the Crimson Scorpion to my computer yet, but again, no hurry, right? Lotsa time to ease into this ridiculously powerful new saber tech.  I have discovered what feels like to me "hidden" gestures, activating a flurry of blade color changes with accompanying sounds, and it's one of those things that makes you wanna giggle like a kid who just discovered something they weren't supposed to  Cheesy  It's fantastic. Looking forward to getting to know all the ins and outs of this new world I've stepped into with the Diamond controllers.

Video here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNwem4ihYc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNwem4ihYc</a>

Pictures here:

Recharge port!  It's not completely flush, and I don't care. I love having these on my sabers, especially the Emerald or Diamond ones:

...and I chose Adegan Silver...

...pulsing to Blazing Red for the default Obisidian font, channel 0:

Channel 1 - Blackstar font - Sentinel Yellow blade color:

Channel 2 - Sith font - Blazing Red blade color:

Channel 3 - Ancient Saber font - Fire Orange blade color:

Channel 4 - Episode I font - Guardian Blue blade color:

Channel 5 - Episode II font - Arctic Blue blade color:

Channel 6 - Episode IV font - Sunrider's Destiny blade color:

Channel 7 - Episode V font - Violet Amethyst blade color:

Channel 8 - Episode VI font - Consular Green blade color:

MTFBWY ALL!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:54 AM »

Great review buddy! I thought something was wrong with my Diamond saber the first time I tried to turn it off. Glad you mentioned that so people are aware.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 04:31:01 AM »

Great review buddy! I thought something was wrong with my Diamond saber the first time I tried to turn it off. Glad you mentioned that so people are aware.
Thanks, Seth! Seriously, I was worried, too, thinking there was a wiring problem, and I was ready to email Ultra Sabers about it. I'm so glad I didn't, figured it out on my own, because I hate to bother them with stuff like this.  Cheesy

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 04:43:34 AM »

Sweet review. Scorpions are such cool sabers. I think the renegade pommel is an nice addition. The pics of all the different colors and corresponding fonts was a great idea and a big help. Thanks for sharing.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »

I am simultaneously extremely jealous and happy for you. You just keep on getting sabers, which is awesome, but if you don't slow down, you will have them all before the end of May.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

HoverFloat
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 08:17:45 AM »

Love the review. Funny how you tend to obtain sabers I'm interested in. When I first got smitten with the EH, you got it. When I decided to get a CG Prophecy, you acquired one via a grab bag before mine arrived. Now that I'm beginning to like the Scorpion (didn't like it at first), you have it. I'm stalking you for reviews from here on out. And point.  Grin

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »

I like the silver pommel idea. I'd had the same idea for mine tbh. I was thinking maybe a Bane or a Raven plain pommel. But seeing as mine was my I.R.H.C saber, I want to give it a chance "as is" before I go changing it up too much.

Those neck windows still have me worried about if I'm going to like this one. But it's too late now! It's already on the way  Shocked Cheesy

Thanks for the video and for the info on the Diamond system. I'm looking forward to getting my mystery Diamond saber to get a chance to play around with all of this stuff myself  Grin

Points (when the clock allows) as always, Brother!  Cool

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »

I have a Crimson Scorpion and a black Scorpion. One of my favorite hilts! Congratulations too with the Diamond sound!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »

Great review (again) LB, that's another gorgeous hilt.  The red really pops in your pictures.  I just gave you a point, so we'll call this one a crisp high five.  Cool

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:19 PM »

Great video review, Lord Bladewraith. Very informative and I gets me excited to own a saber equipped with the Diamond setup.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 08:47:41 PM »

I am simultaneously extremely jealous and happy for you. You just keep on getting sabers, which is awesome, but if you don't slow down, you will have them all before the end of May.
LB -I totally understand where Taegin is coming from. I am am extremely excited for you getting this incredible sabers because you are such a nice guy and you give us these awesome reviews that are very well put together. At the same time, I am so jealous of you that I want to wave my hand at you and state, "These are the sabers you want to give to Grey Jedi Sam Adam" in hopes to catch you in a moment of weak mindedness  Wink Cheesy Grin
Point to you for such great reviews my saber friend!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 09:36:38 PM »

Great review and an awesome hilt design! Just lovely!

Dark Apprentice LE v4 with hilt windows, guardian blue, obsidian lite sound
Apprentice LE v4  consular green, Obsidian Premium Sound
Archon v2.1, Diamond sabre / sound board - it is so awesome
Standard issue battle saber, no sound

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:51 PM »

Man, alive, guys!  Thanks a ton for all the great comments and feedback!   Grin Great to have so many good friends here.  Grin

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 02:14:05 AM »

Very nice looking saber there. I like the Renegade pommel on it better than stock

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:05 PM »

I'd never considered a crimson saber...until I saw yours Wink  LB, that is one fine looking hilt (and I love the pommel; looks very aggressive).  Fantastic vid&pics  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: