Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Crimson Scorpion a Noob Review!  (Read 806 times)
Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: April 15, 2017, 11:48:34 PM »

So here I am reviewing my second (but first ordered) saber with sound the Crimson Scorpion and the Sentinel LE v4 which I got as a 4th place spring raffle prize.

So far i really love the scorpion, its huge and definitely to me a two handed saber. The color is awesome though mine seems to be a matte red rather a shiny red color which is actually pretty cool to me.
The soundboard is amazing. Overall i just really love the saber its awesome and definitely going to be a main sith weapon for myself for future cosplays!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkB84NOLdaA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkB84NOLdaA</a>

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Aeon LE V2 - Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Consular Green
Crimson Scorpion - Violet Amethyst (coming soon)
Dark Initiate LE V2 - Red (oldest son)
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue (youngest son)

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 12:49:06 AM »

Hi.  Just returned from a hectic day at work to chill out and relax.  Saw your video about a favorite future saber of mine minus the claw and went for it.  Gosh... totally caught off guard... just about jumped out of my chair hahaha.  What can I say about your enthusiasm from the get go lol.  I was entertained and all in all it was a good review about the 2 sabers.

How many kids do you have ?!  You look so young to be having many padewans.  Your wife has excellent taste and I would like to know how she handles this oh so big saber.  That neck piece will be a great connecter for MHS pommel swap outs.  That touch of red will really pop up other sabers.  I wish the whole saber was that deeper shiny color, but different color tones seem to happen quite regularly with the crimson and azure sabers.

point  Cool

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:49:37 AM »

Excellent review and nicely done pointing out some things others may not realize about the anodization color, the MHS compatibility and design. Very useful review and lol, thanks for the shout out, too. The Sentinel is such a nice design and pretty rare when it comes to grab bags, so just had to tell you how well you scored on that - hope you (or your friend at Dragon Con) like it. Maybe you can get the regular Scorpion as your next raffle entry and then give your wife the Crimson Scorpion? It'd be cool for both of you to have your own Scorpion to duel each other with, don'tcha think?  Cool

Point for the video, good sir, and congrats on your growing saber collection.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 01:36:47 AM »

Hi.  Just returned from a hectic day at work to chill out and relax.  Saw your video about a favorite future saber of mine minus the claw and went for it.  Gosh... totally caught off guard... just about jumped out of my chair hahaha.  What can I say about your enthusiasm from the get go lol.  I was entertained and all in all it was a good review about the 2 sabers.

How many kids do you have ?!  You look so young to be having many padewans.  Your wife has excellent taste and I would like to know how she handles this oh so big saber.  That neck piece will be a great connecter for MHS pommel swap outs.  That touch of red will really pop up other sabers.  I wish the whole saber was that deeper shiny color, but different color tones seem to happen quite regularly with the crimson and azure sabers.

point  Cool

Ah sorry about that Cheesy Ive always started my videos with a loud hello Tongue
Thanks for the compliments! I have three little ones (two boys and my youngest being a girl) and being only 27 its hectic but worth it. My oldest is slowly learning how to wield a lightsaber effectively. My plan is to upgrade him to real swords when hes old enough. Swordsmanship is a fun art to learn. Starting with lightsabers makes it more fun for them. Ill definitely post an update for progress with my wife and the padewans. Once i get a better camera and a better recording location ill likely have more videos about it.

Im not overly fussed about the matte coloring tbh. I actually really like Matte colors except for black. Its a ton easier to make look weathered and just has a really good faded look. I may have to do something to age the pommel head like the rest of the saber somehow. I definitely recommend the Scorpion, though i will say, the thing is heavy and massive to boot. So its best wielded and practiced with two hands over one. Youll not tire as easily or hurt yourself by straining with the weight.

Excellent review and nicely done pointing out some things others may not realize about the anodization color, the MHS compatibility and design. Very useful review and lol, thanks for the shout out, too. The Sentinel is such a nice design and pretty rare when it comes to grab bags, so just had to tell you how well you scored on that - hope you (or your friend at Dragon Con) like it. Maybe you can get the regular Scorpion as your next raffle entry and then give your wife the Crimson Scorpion? It'd be cool for both of you to have your own Scorpion to duel each other with, don'tcha think?  Cool

Point for the video, good sir, and congrats on your growing saber collection.

Thanks Lord Bladewraith! I really like doing reviews. Lately i've taken a ton of time away from youtube due to work. Was fun working on the video. Did a ton of takes because i messed up on a bunch of small things lol. Also if i'm corrected I always credit the source if i'm wrong and need to amend things it's only polite Cheesy

I do agree the sentinel is an awesome design i really have to say i prefer it over my Aeon LE V2 design. It feels a lot better in the hands. I may get a black scorpion as a new raffle entry when another rolls around Cheesy though i may have to go for a different blade color or a forum color for that saber Cheesy

I feel at some point my saber collection will outgrow my video game collection if im not careful!

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Aeon LE V2 - Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Consular Green
Crimson Scorpion - Violet Amethyst (coming soon)
Dark Initiate LE V2 - Red (oldest son)
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue (youngest son)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: