Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: First time poster, long time lurker  (Read 1970 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« on: April 16, 2017, 01:27:43 AM »

Hello everyone!  After reading many reviews, I felt confident in making my first US purchase, and am I ever glad that I did ☺  Being a longtime SW fan, I've always loved lightsabers, specifically Luke's.  After first checking out another site, I lucked out and found US.  Fast forward about a month, and I am the proud owner of a graflex se w/ a GB blade.  I look forward to meeting all of you who share a passion of lightsabers 😀

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:40:17 AM »

Welcome, Dutchman. Tell us more about the saber. Sound? Diamond? Emerald?

Please use the search engine to help answer any questions. If you don't find your answer, feel free to ask.

And don't feel bad if the bug to buy another one bites you. It happens to almost all of us.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 02:42:44 AM »

welcome. and don't be surprised if that bug happens to bite a few times. quite a few of us have multiple bite marks.  Cheesy

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 02:49:33 AM »

Welcome! Which sabers are on your wish list?  Tongue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 03:36:27 AM »

Welcome. We love learning the details of each saber purchase, so feel free to share them (and some pictures). Hope to see you around.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:43:00 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 08:10:50 AM »

Hey TheDutchman,

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »

Welcome, Dutchman. You are most welcome here! The Graflex... Fantastic choice for a first saber. I love it! Not sure what "bug" that my fellow forum friends speak of. I know it hasn't bit me yet 😉,  so I guess be careful, it still might get you. Grin Congrats on the new saber and you're in good company here.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 12:46:22 AM »

Thank you, everyone Smiley  As been said: I've been bitten w/ the bug^^
Welcome! Which sabers are on your wish list?  Tongue
First off: Archon v3 (and I think I'd like to try my hand at modding it w/ a graflex clamp/activation box for that ROTJ look), CG blade
             Dark Sentinel LE w/ windows, modded pommel (not sure which one, yet  Wink), BR blade
             Fulcrum+Lost Gray set w/ gold hardware, AS or maybe SY blade(s)
Welcome, Dutchman. Tell us more about the saber. Sound? Diamond? Emerald?

Please use the search engine to help answer any questions. If you don't find your answer, feel free to ask.

And don't feel bad if the bug to buy another one bites you. It happens to almost all of us.
More?  Gladly: Graflex SE w/ gold (front)/gold(rear) buttons; Obsidian sound (SO glad that I listened to my wife when I asked her "Should I get sound or not?"  Grin) which was a wonderful surprise: it's crystal clear and loud; silver activation button (looks clean IMHO).  GREAT display piece but somewhat clunky w/ spinning and combat; working on those^^

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 12:51:19 AM »

Welcome, Dutchman. You are most welcome here! The Graflex... Fantastic choice for a first saber. I love it! Not sure what "bug" that my fellow forum friends speak of. I know it hasn't bit me yet 😉,  so I guess be careful, it still might get you. Grin Congrats on the new saber and you're in good company here.
Sorry, Lord Bladewraith, I'd meant to include your quote in my last post.  Yeah, I'm LOVING the graflex^^  BTW: IMPRESSIVE list of sabers you've got there Shocked   I was wondering: which saber(s) are most comfortable w/ dueling, spinning, etc.?  Anyhow, thanks  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:31 AM »

Sorry, Lord Bladewraith, I'd meant to include your quote in my last post.  Yeah, I'm LOVING the graflex^^  BTW: IMPRESSIVE list of sabers you've got there Shocked   I was wondering: which saber(s) are most comfortable w/ dueling, spinning, etc.?  Anyhow, thanks  Wink
Hey no worries, D.  Thanks for the compliment on my arsenal. I ADORE them  Grin

I would say, for me, my favorites for dueling are the Arbiter, the Emperor's Hand and the Consular (without the shroud) in that order, for a good two handed grip. For spinning I'm maybe not the best person to answer that, as I'm still learning that myself, but I would say that the Prophecy, the Sentinel and the Dominix feel the best to me for that purpose.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 01:38:20 AM »

Hey no worries, D.  Thanks for the compliment on my arsenal. I ADORE them  Grin
After seeing that list, I adore them too  Wink

I would say, for me, my favorites for dueling are the Arbiter, the Emperor's Hand and the Consular (without the shroud) in that order, for a good two handed grip. For spinning I'm maybe not the best person to answer that, as I'm still learning that myself, but I would say that the Prophecy, the Sentinel and the Dominix feel the best to me for that purpose.
Ah, thank you for that^^  I was already thinking of getting a Sentinel; now moreso w/ your advice  Cheesy  Thanks so much.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 02:29:41 AM »

Thank you, everyone Smiley  As been said: I've been bitten w/ the bug^^First off: Archon v3 (and I think I'd like to try my hand at modding it w/ a graflex clamp/activation box for that ROTJ look), CG blade
             Dark Sentinel LE w/ windows, modded pommel (not sure which one, yet  Wink), BR blade
             Fulcrum+Lost Gray set w/ gold hardware, AS or maybe SY blade(s)More?  Gladly: Graflex SE w/ gold (front)/gold(rear) buttons; Obsidian sound (SO glad that I listened to my wife when I asked her "Should I get sound or not?"  Grin) which was a wonderful surprise: it's crystal clear and loud; silver activation button (looks clean IMHO).  GREAT display piece but somewhat clunky w/ spinning and combat; working on those^^

Yeah, sabers with a lot of hardware have a tendency to be difficult to work with. For some, it's not an issue, but for many it is.

I'd say the Sentinel is often a beginner's best friend.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »

Ah, thank you for that^^  I was already thinking of getting a Sentinel; now moreso w/ your advice  Cheesy  Thanks so much.

The Apprentice hilts are amazing for spinning as well. They are shorter than the Sentinels, which makes them amazing for 1 handed, and they are extremely solidly built (as well as fairly low priced).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 03:12:07 AM »

The Apprentice hilts are amazing for spinning as well. They are shorter than the Sentinels, which makes them amazing for 1 handed, and they are extremely solidly built (as well as fairly low priced).
Thank you, Taegin.  After taking another look at them after your suggestion, I think I'll have to pick up a Dark Apprentice w/ windows.  Thanks for the great suggestion  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: