Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Season 4 Discussion  (Read 16199 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« on: April 16, 2017, 01:50:31 AM »

The Panel today was great.

But the Trailer they dropped was EPIC:

https://youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

3 Words:  Gray + Skinned + Alien   Cheesy

It also seems the person I was expecting gets the Darksaber (great to have Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar Galactica back in the Star Wars Universe).

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:33:33 AM »

I just finished watching the panel. Amazing. It was really kinda sad, but I knew it had to happen. That trailer though. Did you notice how everything was spoken in the past tense. "It was a simple story", Kanen and Ezra are going to die. Sabine probably too. Zeb will probably live and go to his planet (I don't remember what it is called), and obviously Hera and Chopper will go on to be in R1 (and then die). It will be awesome, it will be dark, it will be sad, but it will be amazing. I was also expecting her to get the Darksaber. The only thing I'm not sure of is how close this season will take us to R1. How will it all tie in? That is my question, and I can't wait to see it answered.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »

It's amazing how Rebels took such a huge turn for the better in season three, looking fwd to this one too.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

Someone on another board pointed out something interesting about the end of that Rebel's panel.  During the convention, Dave Filloni has been wearing a black T-shirt that says "Ahsoka Lives ?"  He even pointed it out and poked fun a few days back.

After the first time they ran the Rebels Season Four trailer, they cut back to the stage for a little bit before running the trailer again and then cutting to the main convention floor.   Dave is now standing behind one the chairs.  Look at his shirt in that brief period.  It is a different shirt.  Still black, but the words are now "Ahsoka Lives !"

That could be very clever.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 01:08:29 PM »

Someone on another board pointed out something interesting about the end of that Rebel's panel.  During the convention, Dave Filloni has been wearing a black T-shirt that says "Ahsoka Lives ?"  He even pointed it out and poked fun a few days back.

After the first time they ran the Rebels Season Four trailer, they cut back to the stage for a little bit before running the trailer again and then cutting to the main convention floor.   Dave is now standing behind one the chairs.  Look at his shirt in that brief period.  It is a different shirt.  Still black, but the words are now "Ahsoka Lives !"

That could be very clever.

Yeah, I would say he pretty much made clear we would see her story continue / be resolved on Season 4.  Smiley

I know I'm weird, but I am actually WAY more excited for this than I am for Episode 8.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 04:17:42 PM »

On similar note, I think Rebels is a far better story to tell and we could've gone without R1 and they could've told a different story ... This is much better then that movie IMO.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:52:12 PM »

Yeah, I don't think Ahsoka is dead (yet). She may decide to once again denounce her Jedi ways, and that is why she is never talked about in the movies, but I think she will come back. I don't know if I'm more than xcited about SW8 or SWR, but either way I am excited for this year.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »

That's a good way to put it Taegin, lots of good content this year.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »

Check out the current background image on Dave Filoni's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni

Those look like the giant wolves they were all riding in the Season 4 trailer . . . which if that is the case . . . then, I'd say if it wasn't confirmed Ahsoka was back in Season 4, it pretty much is now!  Wink

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 10:45:43 PM »

That's a good way to put it Taegin, lots of good content this year.
I couldn't have put this better myself.  Admittedly, Ahsoka did NOT begin as a character that I found interesting.  That changed, especially the last two seasons of the Clone Wars.  When I saw that she was in Rebels, I found her storyline compelling.  I REALLY liked "Twilight of the Apprentice," both as a story for Ahsoka but also Darth Maul (really one of the only good things to come from the Prequels).  I'm looking forward to seeing her in Rebels Season 4 (hopefully with some answers  Wink).

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 02:06:15 AM »

Okay, since this season is coming to an end, I figured it is time to start this conversation back up.

I don't know how they do it, but the trailers for SWR are some of the greatest trailers I have ever seen. And that mid-season trailer is no exception. I am so excited for these last few episodes. Though I hate that it is ending, it will forever be the one of the best SW shows.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 10:15:56 PM »

Okay, since this season is coming to an end, I figured it is time to start this conversation back up.

I don't know how they do it, but the trailers for SWR are some of the greatest trailers I have ever seen. And that mid-season trailer is no exception. I am so excited for these last few episodes. Though I hate that it is ending, it will forever be the one of the best SW shows.

Yes. It will. I was late to Rebels because of it being strictly on a Disney Channel but right before Season 3 started, I binged the first two and having been watching weekly since. I still prefer Clone Wars but Rebels is a great show that is criminally under rated.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 10:32:36 PM »

Yes. It will. I was late to Rebels because of it being strictly on a Disney Channel but right before Season 3 started, I binged the first two and having been watching weekly since. I still prefer Clone Wars but Rebels is a great show that is criminally under rated.

I did pretty much the same thing. Binged the first two seasons, then watched 3 and 4 as they aired. I wouldn't say that I prefer TCW over Rebels, but there are definitely things about TCW that are amazing, and changed the whole SW universe.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 02:17:41 AM »

Has the second half of season four started up? Love the show, really do hate to see it end but it's got to at some point. I still haven't seen TCW. I really should watch it.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 03:31:53 AM »

No, it starts Monday the 19th. TCW is pretty good. Especially season 3 and beyond.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: