Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Time Building, Need Help With Colour Mixing  (Read 491 times)
justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« on: April 17, 2017, 03:49:40 AM »

Hiya all, I'm building a saber of my own. I've got an exterior design more-or-less locked in, and I'm sourcing a Tri-Cree LED. Problem is, I need a little help with mixing the colour I'm shooting for.
Basically, I'm going for a bright Sentinel/Temple Guardian yellow via 2 diodes, and have the 3rd diode be a white or blue flash on clash. I was initially going to go 2 Amber, but I think it may be a little too orange. I'm hoping you all could offer a couple suggestions on mixing some colours to a bright straw yellow. Example pictures would be extremely appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

You're going to have do do some experimentation.  You'll need some batteries, a wire and some resistors to hook up to your LEDs to try different color combinations.  Yellow is typically achieved by mixing red and green LEDs.  So, you may want a red, green, white LED.  It's going to take time and patience to dial in that exact color you want.

You could use amber but, as you say, it's on the orange side.  Mixing it with white may make it look less so, but I don't know how much.  I've watched a video on YouTube about color mixing, but I've not attempted it yet.  Unfortunately, I can't post the video here because it's by a rival saber smith.

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:51:50 AM »

I appreciate the advice, scifidude79. +1 to ya. I'll do some scanning about on YT and see what comes up.

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: