Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond "Initialization Error"  (Read 3411 times)
MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« on: April 18, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »

Hey there folks,

So a couple days after getting my Diamond Archon, something came up:  Whenever I turn the saber on, our favorite Siri-esque voice pops up and says, "Initialization Error.  Please plug saber into the Ultrasabers Diamond Launcher, and run Diagnosis Tool".  After this message is said, the saber turns on, all functions work, no problem.

So, I did in fact plug it in and run a diagnostic on it, and the message I get is that there's a problem in the initialization process, and the suggestion it gives for fixing it is to return the Diamond Controller to Factory Settings.

Now...I have no idea what doing that will actually do to my saber, and / or how to do this and then get the saber back to the state is came to me in (you know, with the pre-programmed Obsidian Fonts and such).

Throw me a lifeline here folks - any ideas?

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »

I have no idea other than doing what is says. Maybe reformat the board and reload all the default settings all over again. Did you change anything to cause this to happen?

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

I've had this problem too, i tried recharging the batteries, but it didn;t work, i recorded a couple new gestures on gestures 1 and 2 , and changed the power on/off and idle on ancient saber. before it all happend. i ran the diagnostic check three times with different selections, first one that came up when every selection was at default,  got an error saying that something was wrong with the gestures. so the next diahnostic check i did was with the gesture option selected, it said that gesture 3 (Which i havent touched at all) said invalid data nothing is on gesture 3. at this time i also noticed that three of the effects stop working, in which i have only touched one, the ancient saber one. i ran a final diagnostic check with every option selected, this time with a third error say something about crc data (Or something like that) invalid. so getting frustrated i blindly pressed the factory defaults button, and five mins later everything was fine the only things i lost was the custom color choices on the default and the customizations ive made. after that it was fine.

Who am I?
 I am the light of the moon that shines to guide others through the perilous dark.
 I am the warmth of the sun to give hope to those who have none.
 I am the giver of wisdom to the ones who ask for it.
 I am the loyalty of the wolf who will never leave your side.
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 05:42:09 AM »

I've had this problem too, i tried recharging the batteries, but it didn;t work, i recorded a couple new gestures on gestures 1 and 2 , and changed the power on/off and idle on ancient saber. before it all happend. i ran the diagnostic check three times with different selections, first one that came up when every selection was at default,  got an error saying that something was wrong with the gestures. so the next diahnostic check i did was with the gesture option selected, it said that gesture 3 (Which i havent touched at all) said invalid data nothing is on gesture 3. at this time i also noticed that three of the effects stop working, in which i have only touched one, the ancient saber one. i ran a final diagnostic check with every option selected, this time with a third error say something about crc data (Or something like that) invalid. so getting frustrated i blindly pressed the factory defaults button, and five mins later everything was fine the only things i lost was the custom color choices on the default and the customizations ive made. after that it was fine.

Ah sweet.  So hitting the Factory Default doesn't remove the preprogrammed fonts like Darksaber, Episodes 1 and 2 and All those?

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:07:41 AM »

Hey there folks,

So a couple days after getting my Diamond Archon, something came up:  Whenever I turn the saber on, our favorite Siri-esque voice pops up and says, "Initialization Error.  Please plug saber into the Ultrasabers Diamond Launcher, and run Diagnosis Tool".  After this message is said, the saber turns on, all functions work, no problem.

So, I did in fact plug it in and run a diagnostic on it, and the message I get is that there's a problem in the initialization process, and the suggestion it gives for fixing it is to return the Diamond Controller to Factory Settings.

Now...I have no idea what doing that will actually do to my saber, and / or how to do this and then get the saber back to the state is came to me in (you know, with the pre-programmed Obsidian Fonts and such).

Throw me a lifeline here folks - any ideas?

If you restore the factory defaults you'll "lose" everything that you've put on board (setting, gestures, sounds, colors - everything will be just like it was when you first received it). I've put "lose" under quotes because you don't have to actually lose anything: you can save the entire font in a PEFF file (go to Wizard, select the font, go to the last page and there you'll find the "save font" button), and then restore it later using the "load font" button.
However, my advice is to first try to figure out what caused the problem in the first place, maybe it can be fixed without restoring the factory defaults. If you tell me exactly what the diagnosis report says, I might be able to help.

Marius.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11:35 PM »

If you restore the factory defaults you'll "lose" everything that you've put on board (setting, gestures, sounds, colors - everything will be just like it was when you first received it). I've put "lose" under quotes because you don't have to actually lose anything: you can save the entire font in a PEFF file (go to Wizard, select the font, go to the last page and there you'll find the "save font" button), and then restore it later using the "load font" button.
However, my advice is to first try to figure out what caused the problem in the first place, maybe it can be fixed without restoring the factory defaults. If you tell me exactly what the diagnosis report says, I might be able to help.

Marius.

I'm working all day and won't be around my saber til WAY late tonight, but I'll run the diagnostic and post up here what it says.  Thanks a ton for the info and help!

Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »

Marius.

Actually you will lose your customization that ultrasabers put in for you on the default sound font. when it does this be careful, as all the leds will be on at the same time and you could fry them, hence what happened to my first saber a long time ago

Who am I?
 I am the light of the moon that shines to guide others through the perilous dark.
 I am the warmth of the sun to give hope to those who have none.
 I am the giver of wisdom to the ones who ask for it.
 I am the loyalty of the wolf who will never leave your side.
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 06:05:31 PM »

Actually you will lose your customization that ultrasabers put in for you on the default sound font.

That is correct. Unless you previously save it, you will lose any customization.

Luc22
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »

This happened to me and kinda freaked me out. It. Turned out I put 16 swing sounds on one font instead of the max 15. As soon as I removed a sound everything was back to normal. Hope this helps

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: