• Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bogan  (Read 577 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1009

« on: April 18, 2017, 11:47:17 AM »

For ages now i've been hanging onto a heavily eroded/ chewed elk antler, with the idea to turn it into a saber for my dog.  this way he can pick it up and carry it around etc.  this has really been a long time coming, so i'm kinda excited about it even though the project itself is kinda quick/ basic/ lacklustre lol. 

i have a good amount of spare US bits right now, just from various things, so the time is right lol.  well, i actually started this last week on my days off.  i worked late today and didn't have time for anything serious, so i just fussed with this a little more and got this post up finally lol. 

O yeah, i'm calling it that cause this thing just looks beyond arcane- the premise is like one of the earliest sabers or something, and not like the first ones just introduced to the pre jedi galaxy in the dawn of the jedi EU stuff, i'm talking like wherever those dudes on the star forge got their design from or whatever lol.  But anyway, for people who haven't read a lot of the legends/ expanded universe novels, back in the days just prior to the evolution of the jedi, people knew the lightside as ashla (spelling anyone? lol) and the dark side as bogan.  shockingly lol, a great split occurred amongst the force users, some going bogan some going ashla basically (little more to it), and the early champions of ashla went on to turn into the jedi in time.  so if Darth Arlo's saber is premised as one of the very first sabers as we know them, it's gotta be bogan. 

confession: when i started this it didn't occur to me that bone (etc.) dust might be terrible for you, aside from the way that any fine dust really isn't good to inhale obviously lol.  So i let Arlo snoop in on the action way to much and i wasn't being very careful myself, to say the least lol.  But once i realized we threw some masks on Smiley.  Arlo couldn't handle his lol, so he's been kept safely away from that point on.

note to self, never mess with an elk.

only shot at doing this was to get it in half and then go in from both sides- figure i can safely bore it out to 1" diameter, which is handy for blade socket and should be plenty sturdy enough still.  the biggest i can do here is about 5/8" though, so i eventually go it out to my dads so i could go to the 1". 

I put a 12mm hole in the side part there for a switch, and recessed the area so it wouldn't be able to catch a tooth as easily lol.  i'll likely have that pretty deep by the time this is ready. 
...and then at Easter i slipped out to the shop before dinner with my dad and we got this bored.  Not easy lol!  It took both of us even with a whole huge rigging/ set up for the pieces.

then today i just messed with some of the fine tuning on the ID.  here you can see with the module seated in the bottom of blade socket area.
this things gonna have a wicked curve to it.

an 18650 on a sled fits nicely, but needs a little more room for the twin 14500's, and the board would certainly need some more space.  so all i was really doing here was working on filing/ dremeling the ID, i just kinda grabbed the first parts in each drawer type thing just to show the idea for pics, likely won't be using any of these except for that switch. 

keep you posted Smiley.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:04:11 PM »

Rev:  For ages now i've been hanging onto a heavily eroded/ chewed elk antler, with the idea to turn it into a saber for my dog.

Arlo: So YOU were the one who took my chew-chew . . . not . . . cool.   Angry

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 553

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »

This is going to be amazing. And yes, don't mess with the Elk. I've never actually seen one IRL, but I've seen Moose, and you don't wanna mess with them either.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

[_((((((((_o_((((|=|   Current saber: Dominix v4                         

l l l l l l l l l_o_lll__|   Current saber: Dominix v2                          

|_[[[[[[[[[_o_|-|   Current saber: Dark Apprentice LE v4         

[_((((((((_o_|=|   Current Saber: Dark Initiate LE v4 Emerald 
(LS points appreciated)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1043

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 01:30:34 PM »

Dude, this is wickedly cool.  Antler saber, that's gotta be a first.  And it's for your dog no less.  I just let my cats play with the blades on my sabers.  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 941

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »

This is a beautiful idea. I grew up visiting relatives up in Afton, Wyoming where the world's largest Elk/Antler Arch spans across Main Street:

and then some of the old downtown cafes and restaurants have Antler Horns for handles on the front doors. This is really nostalgic for me looking at your little project there. Pretty cool idea indeed. Bravo, man. If you and Isola815 could do a project together, I can't imagine what you guys would come up with. Anyway, very impressive and cool that it's for your dog, which, btw, is awesome, too.  Wink Point to you!  Cool

My sabers: Consular, Electrum Wind, Apprentice LE V3, Dominix V3, Liberator V3, Dark Prophecy V3, Graflex CE, Bellicose, Fulcrum, Lost Gray, Archon 2.1, Guardian, Manticore, Arbiter, Dark Sentinel LE, Prophecy V3, Emperor's Hand, Chosen One CE, Dark Mantis, Crimson Scorpion, Malice, Archon 3.1, Dark Arbiter, Shock LE, Initiate LE V4, Flamberge V2, Azure Omen, Curved Azure Reaper

My wishlist: Pair of Menace CE's, Catalyst, Dark Shock LE, The Bane

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

Voted #1 Most Toxic Member 2017

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 04:20:32 PM »

Awww yeah dude! This is going to look bad-ass!

Zren Tobas
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1063

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »

@Canterbury, seems legit XD Can't wait to see this one done though

Sabers: Overlord AB, Shock GB, Sentinel SRD, Archom V2.1 CG, Standard Issue CG, Dominix V3 LE BR
Saber Wearer
Wishlist: Bellicose GB, Bane BR, Manticore GB, Dark Catalyst PO, Phantasm V4 LE BR, Monarch BR, Graflex AB, Flamberge V2 BR, Chosen One BR, Shadow Menace BR, Dark Arbiter GB
SW1 by joshgarcia07, on

projectno253
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -82

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

This is one of the most creative hilt projects I've seen

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1334

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 05:16:07 PM »

A.
Maze.
Ing.

Point.

Light side points please.

I did not come to bring peace, but rather a sword, because what fellowship has light with darkness?

Sabers:
Manticore (Emerald, Obsidian v4) - PO | Dominix v4 (stunt) - Tri Cree CG | Sentinel LE v4 (stunt) - Tri Cree BR | Initiate LE v4 (stunt) - GB (son's) | Dark Liberator v3 (stunt) - Tri Cree GB | Bellicose (Emerald, Obsidian v4) - SRD

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -317

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 07:04:47 PM »

Oh, this will be good. (Well of course it will, it's a Rev project.)

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -274

The Empress of Zakuul's Wrath

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 07:57:37 PM »

Very interesting idea.
Looking forward to more here

Current Sabers:
Dominix V2-custom-GB-Stunt
Sentinel LE V4-AB-Stunt-x2-saberstaff
Sentinel V4-BR-Stunt
Apprentice V4-CG-Stunt
Shock LE-GB-Stunt
Guardian-Emerald ObsV4
Consular-CG-ObsV4
Raven-SY-staff-ObsV4
Archon V2.1-CG-ObsV3
Dark Shock custom-VA-Obs Lt
"Kyrathalia's Deathcry" custom-FO ObsV4
"T'Kasha's Hope" Dark Catalyst-custom-SD-Obs Lt
"T'Shalla's Herald" Dark Initiate V4 LE staff-Obs Lt/stunt
"Therion's Wrath" Custom Catalyst-Amber-ObsV4
"Tre'nala'dor's Heart" Custom Consular-BH-ObsV4

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -338

~The Revanant is coming~

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 03:35:21 PM »

Ok, thats it. Now I know you are trolling us!

Shaming everyone with the wicked custom jobs is one thing, but now you are seriously turning a frickin BONE into a saber?Huh? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Beyond words man!

I am sure it shall be a worthy weapon for Darth Arlo!

(_((((((_o_(_(_( Stunt Initiate V4                               )
(_((((((_o_(_(_( Stunt Dark Apprentice V4 LE                )
(_(_(_o_(_(_(_( Stunt Aeon V2                                   )
((((((_(_o_(_(_( Stunt Dark Sentinel                                 )
(_______o_____( Obs V4 "Project Revanant"                        )
(_______o_____( "Project: Mirror"                                     )

nathanielreykun
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 05:02:07 PM »

I can't wait to see your end result!

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -338

~The Revanant is coming~

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »

Have to say, mate, you are truly gifted with Darth Arlo... Our dog is much more like Jar-Jar... and may meet a similar fate one of these days! lol

(_((((((_o_(_(_( Stunt Initiate V4                               )
(_((((((_o_(_(_( Stunt Dark Apprentice V4 LE                )
(_(_(_o_(_(_(_( Stunt Aeon V2                                   )
((((((_(_o_(_(_( Stunt Dark Sentinel                                 )
(_______o_____( Obs V4 "Project Revanant"                        )
(_______o_____( "Project: Mirror"                                     )

Lord Rapine
Recipient of the Warlord Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2041

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:00 AM »

...AND right into another project...lol

HFS Rev!   Shocked Shocked

Echoing Corwyn: A freakin' bone??!!

Arlo's a lucky dog. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: