Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Thrawn Novel  (Read 2591 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« on: April 19, 2017, 02:39:53 AM »

If you have not picked up Thrawn...rectify that immediately.   With the entries to the new canon's Library not receiving praise from many, mainly owing to focus on characters many don't car about and author's not being of the quality we are used to, neither can be said here.  Zahn, of course, is on point bringing the Character he created further into Canon.  I won't go into a lot of detail but just a quick and dirty overview.  The Book follows Thrawn from his first encounter with the Empire all the way to Where we see him introduced in Rebels.   Surprisingly the novel also delved into Governor Pryce's story.  Zahn gives  us peeks inside Thrawn's head from time to time as well as getting more of an understanding  on why he is where he is.   It seems as well it is giving us info into wider implications beyond Rebels.  Without a doubt, in my opinion, it is the best offering in the New Canon and i highly recommend it.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:53:56 AM »

If you have not picked up Thrawn...rectify that immediately.   With the entries to the new canon's Library not receiving praise from many, mainly owing to focus on characters many don't car about and author's not being of the quality we are used to, neither can be said here.  Zahn, of course, is on point bringing the Character he created further into Canon.  I won't go into a lot of detail but just a quick and dirty overview.  The Book follows Thrawn from his first encounter with the Empire all the way to Where we see him introduced in Rebels.   Surprisingly the novel also delved into Governor Pryce's story.  Zahn gives  us peeks inside Thrawn's head from time to time as well as getting more of an understanding  on why he is where he is.   It seems as well it is giving us info into wider implications beyond Rebels.  Without a doubt, in my opinion, it is the best offering in the New Canon and i highly recommend it.

I have not gotten it yet, but I plan too soon. Thanks for the good review.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »

it is already on the to read list along with the Ashoka one. Of course I have 35 other SW novels that I have purchased and not read yet.  LOL   Also if you have not read the Original Thrawn trilogy  or the Hand of Thrawn duology (now under Legends) Get on those too!   Pretty much anything Zahn has written  is great.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »

I was at Barnes & Noble today and I almost bought it. I was super close.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »

Couldn't Force pull it into your hand?

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 07:17:31 AM »

Couldn't Force pull it into your hand?

No, for some reason, I think that there is something on Earth that dampens Force powers, because it is very rare that they work.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:33:17 AM »

Bought the Kindle App version . . . read the first section . . . Thrawn is as awesome as you would expect from the jump.   Cool

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 02:29:10 AM »

Bought the Kindle App version . . . read the first section . . . Thrawn is as awesome as you would expect from the jump.   Cool

That he is....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »

An updated Thrawn book from Timothy Zahn?  I'm SO glad that I clicked on this thread^^  I'll pick that up ASAP  Wink  Good looking out, DT!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: