Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond - What are the "tag" and "force" effects?  (Read 984 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« on: April 22, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »

I've figured out most of the default effects in the font editor, but I'm not sure what "tag effect" and "force effect" are, or how they are triggered.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »

Hey,

A "tag" is the sound that plays as you change the fonts so you know what each is.

There is a multi-color effect that plays each time you change to the next font.

I would suggest changing that to just the main blade color of the Font so it's easier to tell.  Not sure why they gave each the same multi-color effect so you need to remember what color each font is.

As for the Force, it's just that - when you make a certain Motion, I think the sound is meant to be like a "Force Push" or something.

At least, that's what I'll be doing with it eventually.  Smiley

Hope that helps!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:44:40 PM »

That is very helpful.  Still don't know why it would randomly play sometimes even if I'm not in the font menu.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »

The Tag?  Not sure what you mean by that - that actually is the only time it plays, when you are in the Menu.

If it goes off while actually using your saber normally, that means you somehow accidentally assigned that Effect to a different Motion.

You'll need to test each one in the Configuration software and see which one it is.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

iheartoptimusprime
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »

I have been assuming it's what plays when a gesture is made, though in the videos, Emory mentions doing a force gesture to get the Diamond Controller Menu, and I've noticed that when I casually flick my wrist a certain way, the sound goes off.

Fulcrum - Diamond RGBW; SRD w/ FoC AS
Curved Azure Reaper - Emerald RGBW; AB w/ FoC PO
Standard Issue Battle Saber V3- Stunt GB w/ blue guarded switch
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber V3 - Stunt AS w/ black AV Switch
Dominix LE V2 - Stunt BR w/ red guarded switch

Zalbaag
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -42

Dark...Light...we are bound only to the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 12:22:48 AM »

I have been assuming it's what plays when a gesture is made, though in the videos, Emory mentions doing a force gesture to get the Diamond Controller Menu, and I've noticed that when I casually flick my wrist a certain way, the sound goes off.

When Emory mentioned that he meant turning the hilt in the same way as a force effect is how you access the menu if you have the button held down when you do it.

Sabers I Own: Scorpion - Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Dominix LE V4 - Guardian Blue stunt saber
Manticore CE - SRD w/V4 sound
Crimson Scorpion - Emerald Driver and V4 sound (raffle prize)
Shock LE - Tri Fire Orange w/V4 sound
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red (raffle prize)
Archon v3 - Tri GB w/V4 sound
Graflex SE - GB w/V4 sound (raffle prize)
Manticore - AB w/V4 sound (raffle prize)
Emperor's Hand - Diamond
Crimson Reaper - Emerald w/V3 sound (raffle prize)

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 01:38:31 PM »

Hey,

A "tag" is the sound that plays as you change the fonts so you know what each is.

There is a multi-color effect that plays each time you change to the next font.

I would suggest changing that to just the main blade color of the Font so it's easier to tell.  Not sure why they gave each the same multi-color effect so you need to remember what color each font is.

As for the Force, it's just that - when you make a certain Motion, I think the sound is meant to be like a "Force Push" or something.

At least, that's what I'll be doing with it eventually.  Smiley

Hope that helps!

In order to see/hear exactly what the tag effect is, please take a look here http://rsx.ro/tmp/menu_change_font.mp4 and jump to 00:50 (you will hear 'Obsidian' as a font selection confirmation).

As for the 'Force' effect, you can see it demonstrated here: http://rsx.ro/tmp/force.mp4

Cheers,

Adrian

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: