Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: My Video Tutorial: Effects for the Diamond Saber  (Read 7840 times)
Chiron
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 11:07:41 AM »

Thanks for this, this clears things up. Great tutorial. 1 point for you.

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 02:49:36 PM »

This is very helpful. my diamond prophecy is arriving thursday ! point for you , thanks

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »

I see some advantage of having the Diamond controller. Although I still prefer the Emerald driver if i had to choose.

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »

I see some advantage of having the Diamond controller. Although I still prefer the Emerald driver if i had to choose.

Why though ? Surely being able to change blade colour without having to plug in the saber alone is worth it ?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »

If it comes to strictly changing colors and that's all your interested in I agree with you. The Emerald is so much easier for me.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 08:16:49 PM »

I wanna see a Sith setting if possible sometime. Normal red to like a somewhat darker red pulse or flicker, that would look sick Tongue If it could be done anyway

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »

If it comes to strictly changing colors and that's all your interested in I agree with you. The Emerald is so much easier for me.

surely the diamond is easier as you can change colours without having to plug it in?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »

surely the diamond is easier as you can change colours without having to plug it in?

No, You have to plug it in to change any of the effects. That includes light and sound.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »

No, You have to plug it in to change any of the effects. That includes light and sound.

yeah but out of the box you have 8 different blade colours at the turn of the saber. Ive heard programming pulses and things like that are difficult.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »

yeah but out of the box you have 8 different blade colours at the turn of the saber. Ive heard programming pulses and things like that are difficult.

If they are set up exactly how you want them I will be quite surprised. As someone who owns two Diamond modules I can say for sure my next higher end saber from US will be Emerald. Diamond is just too time consuming the way the interface is set up right now. Until the interface is refined I see no good reason to pay the extra for Diamond just to swap colors on the fly. It's faster to plug an Emerald into a computer and just change the blade color over a thousand times than it is to initially make all the color/sound profiles for Diamond. And considering the price (especially second hand) of tiny little notebook computers you could install nothing but the launcher software on and can then take in your bag to a party/con/photoshoot or whatever... it's just easier to plug in an Emerald and change the color. UNLESS you honestly need to change colors and sounds every 10 minutes for some reason... but I can't think why you would?

Also +1 to karaoke freak for this thread. I'm not sure how I missed it for so long! Very helpful tutorial, thanks man Smiley

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »

If they are set up exactly how you want them I will be quite surprised. As someone who owns two Diamond modules I can say for sure my next higher end saber from US will be Emerald. Diamond is just too time consuming the way the interface is set up right now. Until the interface is refined I see no good reason to pay the extra for Diamond just to swap colors on the fly. It's faster to plug an Emerald into a computer and just change the blade color over a thousand times than it is to initially make all the color/sound profiles for Diamond. And considering the price (especially second hand) of tiny little notebook computers you could install nothing but the launcher software on and can then take in your bag to a party/con/photoshoot or whatever... it's just easier to plug in an Emerald and change the color. UNLESS you honestly need to change colors and sounds every 10 minutes for some reason... but I can't think why you would?

Well for me its all about photography so having the colours change almost instantly is a huge advantage for me when light painting and doing photoshoots . And i just love the fact you can change them without having to plug it in , for me that will be much better . I completely understand that the diamond software right now is far from perfect . There has been quite a bit of feedback given to ultrasabers about it so I'm sure they will listen

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 09:32:58 AM »

Well for me its all about photography so having the colours change almost instantly is a huge advantage for me when light painting and doing photoshoots . And i just love the fact you can change them without having to plug it in , for me that will be much better . I completely understand that the diamond software right now is far from perfect . There has been quite a bit of feedback given to ultrasabers about it so I'm sure they will listen

Same for me with ease for photography and that's why I'd still rather put a notebook in my camera bag if I wanted to change saber color part way through a shoot than spend the initial time setting them all up. Plus with having a computer on site you can tweak the color to actually work the way you need it to. The blade colors can change quite a lot just from firing a flash and the white balance doesn't always fix it without a bit of post editing. However this is probably a topic of conversation for another thread. But I am very much looking forward to seeing some pics from these shoots you speak of Smiley

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2017, 11:44:53 PM »

Same for me with ease for photography and that's why I'd still rather put a notebook in my camera bag if I wanted to change saber color part way through a shoot than spend the initial time setting them all up. Plus with having a computer on site you can tweak the color to actually work the way you need it to. The blade colors can change quite a lot just from firing a flash and the white balance doesn't always fix it without a bit of post editing. However this is probably a topic of conversation for another thread. But I am very much looking forward to seeing some pics from these shoots you speak of Smiley

well seeing as the diamond board has green, blue ,artic blue, violet amethyst , blazing red , adgean silver and more straight out of the box I'm sure i won't need to tweak much for the time being Cheesy Its arriving tomorrow so i will certainly be out shooting tomorrow night . hopefully will have pics very soon. Here is a link to some of my best work so far :https://1x.com/member/davidahernphotography/photos/all

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »

well seeing as the diamond board has green, blue ,artic blue, violet amethyst , blazing red , adgean silver and more straight out of the box I'm sure i won't need to tweak much for the time being Cheesy Its arriving tomorrow so i will certainly be out shooting tomorrow night . hopefully will have pics very soon. Here is a link to some of my best work so far :https://1x.com/member/davidahernphotography/photos/all

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the lightsaber photos Smiley

kooky
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 01:05:42 AM »

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the lightsaber photos Smiley

thanks ! got it today . Its absolutely stunning ! finding it very hard to activate the font change menu though for some reason. Does not seem to recognise when i twist it twice

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: