Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Crossguard Wiring Question  (Read 1122 times)
projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« on: April 23, 2017, 03:38:57 AM »

Hey guys, does anyone have pictures showing how the crossguard is wired? Since it's 3 full powered LEDs, the wiring/a wiring diagram would greatly help me figure out how to properly power/wire a staff running off of one board. I'm trying to do two R/R/W Tri Crees. US's 7.4v voltage should be plenty.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »

I sent you a PM, but I had misunderstood what you were trying to do.

The info may still be of use, though.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:14:55 PM »

It may be, thank you. I'll have to look at it more and get a better understanding.

I'm just trying to figure out a good way to wire up two high powered multi die LEDs to a single board (any brand, but for the forum, Obsidian) with FOC and preferably a way to use either one LED or both on a whim.

With Diamond I could remove the color change function and wire up 2 channels to two red die and two to each white FOC, but I'd like to have 2-3 red die. Diamond only drives 4A, so I would only be able to run 1A each to both LEDs (700ma since they're red LEDs).

After looking at the Diamond data sheet just now, and brushing up on my limited understanding of voltage and current with parallel and series wiring, I could wire the two red die on each LED in series so their current stays the same at 700ma and the voltage doubles from 2.5v to 5 (5v being the max rating for Diamond)

At this point I'm more or less writing out my own thoughts to myself, but it's probably better in case someone can tell me something is flawed in my process.

Figuring out how to turn off the second blade while still using the first one is another issue. I could wire up a latching switch to the red, but flash would still work and I'd need a second switch on that. I'll have to draw out the full wiring set up to set myself straight.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 09:58:31 PM »

I'm in the same boat kinda, trying to do a Calculon style build but not sure how he did his wiring exactly.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 05:06:13 AM »

I'm in the same boat kinda, trying to do a Calculon style build but not sure how he did his wiring exactly.

You'll need a board that can control each LED. Or at least one channel for the main blade and one or 20 for the quillons. The board will have settings you can edit for mA, staggered ignition and timing to match the length of the activation/deactivation font. Not sure if the diamand can do that or if you'd be able to access the board to wire a crossguard how you want.

Your board of choice for your DIY project should have a manual that can explain just about everything you need.

Good luck with your project!

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: