Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven Pyrestone Orange & Scorpion Tri-Cree Fire Orange  (Read 3640 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« on: April 23, 2017, 08:52:31 AM »

I purchased the Raven and the Scorpion a while ago. I thought I do a video showing how the Pyrestone Orange (PO) on the Raven compares with the Tri-Cree Fire Orange (FO) on the Scorpion.

PO is one of my favorite Ultrasabers colors. It's a very warm orange, most suited for Sith sabers.

FO is cooler than PO, more a yellow orange color just like freshly squeezed orange juice. The Scorpion looks wonderful with it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oal8ihY3GWs&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oal8ihY3GWs&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:55:13 AM »

Best viewed with as high a resolution as you can.

By the way, my Raven is the Super Sith edition meaning the longer claws. I therefore chose a 40" blade to go with it to keep the proportions looking "right" to my eyes.

Both feature the regular Midgrade blade.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »

Hmm... I love FO, and the Scorpion looks great in it. I might have to get me a FO Scorpion sometime. I need to check out PO IRL, but it looks beautiful as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »

They do look real nice.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »

Hmm... I love FO, and the Scorpion looks great in it. I might have to get me a FO Scorpion sometime. I need to check out PO IRL, but it looks beautiful as well.

The PO flare around the 40" Midgrade blade that you see in the video is pretty close to real life.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 11:56:09 PM »

The PO flare around the 40" Midgrade blade that you see in the video is pretty close to real life.

It looks very nice. I think I need a PO saber for one of my other characters, although it still may not have enough red in it for what I want.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 01:48:29 AM »

It looks very nice. I think I need a PO saber for one of my other characters, although it still may not have enough red in it for what I want.

PO has about as much red as we could expect without being a red color. For red, then it's the awesome Blazing Red.  Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 07:45:52 PM »

PO has about as much red as we could expect without being a red color. For red, then it's the awesome Blazing Red.  Wink

Good, because that is about the color that I need.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »

How about just some still pictures sometime? Like a couple full blade, close up, edge of blades? Would be cool =] When you get the time anyway. Now thinking of getting a Reaper in Pyrestone Orange soon ;o

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »

The video does a better job at showing Pyrestone Orange if you look at the wall reflection. Camera photos don't do it justice. A Reaper in PO will be SICK!

Darth Xocni
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -48

The Dark Side gives me strength

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 10:23:21 AM »

Those are very nice colours. I didn't like the concept of orange lightsabers, but now...

Nwűl tash.
Dzwol shâsotkun.
Shâsotjontű châtsatul nu tyűk.
Tyűkjontű châtsatul nu midwan.
Midwanjontű châtsatul nu asha.
Ashajontű kotswinot itsu nuyak.
Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

"Failure and disobedience are one and the same... In the Sith tongue both translate as "treason". That is the wisdom of the ancients!"

Initiate LE V2 "Justice" - GB UEMG
Overlord "Ari iv Azinimas" - BR UEHG Obsidian V4

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 09:20:30 PM »

I purchased the Raven and the Scorpion a while ago. I thought I do a video showing how the Pyrestone Orange (PO) on the Raven compares with the Tri-Cree Fire Orange (FO) on the Scorpion.

PO is one of my favorite Ultrasabers colors. It's a very warm orange, most suited for Sith sabers.

FO is cooler than PO, more a yellow orange color just like freshly squeezed orange juice. The Scorpion looks wonderful with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oal8ihY3GWs&feature=youtu.be

Best viewed with as high a resolution as you can.

By the way, my Raven is the Super Sith edition meaning the longer claws. I therefore chose a 40" blade to go with it to keep the proportions looking "right" to my eyes.

Both feature the regular Midgrade blade.

That saber looks incredibly aggressive; good call w/ the longer blade  Smiley  BTW: which pommel is that?  I think that my eyes are failing me  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 04:54:05 AM »

That saber looks incredibly aggressive; good call w/ the longer blade  Smiley  BTW: which pommel is that?  I think that my eyes are failing me  Wink

Sorry for the late reply. The pommel on my Raven is the Super Sith one, which goes with the Super Sith extra long claws. Hence my choice of a 40" blade.  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 02:10:28 AM »

Yeah I think I'll get me a Reaper in PO instead of a Bane like I had originally thought of. I just like the easier to wear sabers around though so Tongue My Reaper will probably be my show/dueling saber if that makes sense. Hopefully US's will figure out a way to put a covertech wheel on the Monarch. I've seen it done before so. I just love that saber a lot too for some reason. I'm gonna get a silver CE in Blazing Red here soon so =] I'll just be having one big Sith arsenal going on soon Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »

Bane's Heart is probably one of the easiest color to describe - it's a medium pink. Pyrestone Orange looks warmer than BH, closer to an orange red. I prefer it over the BH.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: