Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Guarded to A/V switch mod  (Read 1896 times)
Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« on: April 26, 2017, 07:53:41 AM »

I was planning on getting an Emerald Menace SE sometime in the future, so to keep costs down (I live in Australia, so shipping from the US, as well as the exchange rate, is a killer on the wallet!), and to make it look more slimline, just get it with a guarded switch, and swap it out with a spare silver 12mm A/V switch I have.
The one thing I'm not sure about is if the switches that come with Emerald sabres, are they 2-pinned (just like the regular sabres) or 4 pinned switches, due to the 4th channel dedicated the the switch if someone opts for the illuminated switch?

I hope I'm not as clear as mud in my description, any and all help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. I was going to ask the same question on the Emerald boards, but a) this is a sort of customisation, and b) going through the Emerald boards, doesn't look like many people go there now, except for maybe as a reference for the different colour/pulse/FOC combos you can make. Thanks again!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »

The guarded switches don't have illumination so aren't wired up as such. If you are replacing with a non-illuminated switch then it will be a straight 2 pin swap.

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:59:53 PM »

Cool, I thought as much, always best to check before making any adjustments. Thanks for the info, Isola!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »

I did hear that the 12mm switches aren't the exact same size as the guarded ones.  The switch hole may need to be bored out slightly (?)

Looking forward to the info, Seano. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 01:25:13 PM »

The guarded switches use a 7/16" press fit hole. Approx. 11.1mm. You'd need to bore out the switch hole to around 16mm for the AV switch. I'd say get a 12mm AV switch but you plan on using a spare 16mm.

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

It's a spare 12mm A/V switch I have, but you are correct LR, you still have to make the hole slightly larger to fit the 12mm A/V switch in. I did that with my Shock/Cuis Clone sabre I modded, and used the half nut that came with the A/V switch to hold it in instead of hot glue - hasn't budged to this day!

Ramse Moade the Grey

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 03:58:18 PM »

Sounds like a great mod, Seano, and a smart way to keep costs down.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 04:13:56 AM »

I really need to get around to swapping out my Emerald Crimson Scorpion's guarded switch for an A/V.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 06:42:10 AM »

I really need to get around to swapping out my Emerald Crimson Scorpion's guarded switch for an A/V.
You have a Scorpion shade?  Whoa! Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 01:18:53 PM »

I have a nest of the little frellers.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »

I have a nest of the little frellers.

Look at Shade throwing out collective nouns  Tongue

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 01:27:25 PM »

Smart A, lol

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »

Seano, not to get too far off-topic w/ this tangent but where did you get the tunic in your sig?  It looks really keen^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »

Seano, not to get too far off-topic w/ this tangent but where did you get the tunic in your sig?  It looks really keen^^
I got it from a UK company called Jedi Robe, very reasonably priced, looks great!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: