Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie from Buffalo  (Read 4271 times)
SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« on: April 26, 2017, 12:16:36 PM »

*waves*

Howdy Cheesy

Quick introduction on my part!

I am from Buffalo NY, but have lived in CA and TX as well. I got my first Ultrasaber last week and obviously <3 it. In fact so much, I just placed another order for a couple of staffs (because Im more of a two handed fighter) and hubby wanted one as well. I am also getting back into the cosplay scene and as soon as I stop being lazy and make my gaiters, my steampunk jedi will be complete....until I decide it isn't Shocked

I look forward to skimming through the forums and picking up what I can Cheesy

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:27:10 PM »

Welcome to the Forums! I look forward to seeing your Sabers and any cosplays you do!

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »

Hey SAHPhoto!

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Looking forward to seeing pics.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:30:58 PM »

Hello SAHPhoto and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

Hello and welcome  Smiley  Your jedi costume already sounds intriguing; I look forward to any upcoming pics^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »

Thanks everyone for the welcome ^_^

Im going to try to finish up the costume this weekend. I also have to finish up my steampunk wonder woman first for a photoshoot my husbands doing, but that should take 2 seconds ;-)

Yeah steampunk is my other jam.  I already have steampunk harley quinn done and that's gone over well Smiley

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »

Thanks everyone for the welcome ^_^

Im going to try to finish up the costume this weekend. I also have to finish up my steampunk wonder woman first for a photoshoot my husbands doing, but that should take 2 seconds ;-)

Yeah steampunk is my other jam.  I already have steampunk harley quinn done and that's gone over well Smiley
Sounds like fun^^  I often see steampunk cosplayers at the Ren Faire I go to (like you, I split my time w/ Star Wars and as a Crusader).  Although admittedly, jedi robes are A LOT more comfortable than chainmail  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 05:54:18 PM »

Sounds like fun^^  I often see steampunk cosplayers at the Ren Faire I go to (like you, I split my time w/ Star Wars and as a Crusader).  Although admittedly, jedi robes are A LOT more comfortable than chainmail  Wink

Ahhh chain mail....I don't think I could wear it for the weight, but everyone always looks so good in in! Much respect for wearing it, especially in the heat!!

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 07:01:51 PM »

Ahhh chain mail....I don't think I could wear it for the weight, but everyone always looks so good in in! Much respect for wearing it, especially in the heat!!
Thanks  Smiley  Actually, the weight isn't as bad as it sounds.  My hauberk weighs a little over 25 lbs.  Now while much of that is carried on the shoulders, a belt helps to mitigate that a bit.  But you are absolutely right about the heat  Tongue

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

Welcome to the forum! What 'sabre do you have/on order?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum! What 'sabre do you have/on order?

I got my guardian w/ emerald last week. My boss made me bring it in today and now he -reallllly-wants one lol

On order is a Phantom Initiate V4 stunt sabers, so I can go to a two hand style. Also bought 16" blades in case I want it shorter. I have stick fighting training and some fencing, so I think Ill have a good mix. I also threw in a grab bag, because.....because. Cheesy On order for hubby is Fulcrum diamond and the Dark Apprentice v4 Staff, because he also had some stick fighting training and is comfortable with the two handed style

This is how to have a happy marriage Cheesy

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »

I got my guardian w/ emerald last week. My boss made me bring it in today and now he -reallllly-wants one lol

On order is a Phantom Initiate V4 stunt sabers, so I can go to a two hand style. Also bought 16" blades in case I want it shorter. I have stick fighting training and some fencing, so I think Ill have a good mix. I also threw in a grab bag, because.....because. Cheesy On order for hubby is Fulcrum diamond and the Dark Apprentice v4 Staff, because he also had some stick fighting training and is comfortable with the two handed style

This is how to have a happy marriage Cheesy
This is how to have a happy marriage
Bolded for truth  Wink

I remember talking and asking my wife after I'd gotten my saber if she'd care if I got my jedi costume. Her response?  "Why the hell not."    Grin

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 09:31:03 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums, and the addiction that is Ultra Sabers!  Grin  
 It sounds like your boss is suffering from what we call Saber Envy!! LOL  Wink
 The Guardian is a great saber and work of art, I love mine. My wife isn't into Star Wars much, but she does support me in it, even made my Jedi costume and has bought me 2 Ultra Sabers so gota love that!   Grin
Look forward to seeing your costume pics. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »

This is how to have a happy marriage
Bolded for truth  Wink

I remember talking and asking my wife after I'd gotten my saber if she'd care if I got my jedi costume. Her response?  "Why the hell not."    Grin

I had the costume first and sadly just a plastic at first. I have another hilt thats a home depot/AC moore special that is held together with gorilla glue and begging Cheesy The US are obvs. SO much better lol

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 10:28:18 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums, and the addiction that is Ultra Sabers!  Grin  
 It sounds like your boss is suffering from what we call Saber Envy!! LOL  Wink
 The Guardian is a great saber and work of art, I love mine. My wife isn't into Star Wars much, but she does support me in it, even made my Jedi costume and has bought me 2 Ultra Sabers so gota love that!   Grin
Look forward to seeing your costume pics. MTFBWY!

Oh yes, he has much saber envy, he is trying to justify getting one lol

That was very sweet your wife made your costume! That is a lot of love Cheesy

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: