Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Newbie from Buffalo  (Read 4267 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 10:31:30 PM »

I had the costume first and sadly just a plastic at first. I have another hilt thats a home depot/AC moore special that is held together with gorilla glue and begging Cheesy The US are obvs. SO much better lol
Heh, I'm almost positive that we ALL have a similar story (or at least some iteration): my first lightsaber was my parent's flashlight with a hollow PVC pipe painted blue  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:20 PM »

*waves*

Howdy Cheesy

Quick introduction on my part!

I am from Buffalo NY, but have lived in CA and TX as well. I got my first Ultrasaber last week and obviously <3 it. In fact so much, I just placed another order for a couple of staffs (because Im more of a two handed fighter) and hubby wanted one as well. I am also getting back into the cosplay scene and as soon as I stop being lazy and make my gaiters, my steampunk jedi will be complete....until I decide it isn't Shocked

I look forward to skimming through the forums and picking up what I can Cheesy
*waves back*   Cheesy

Hey there, SAH.  Welcome to SaberForum and congrats on getting such viable replacements for those plastic versions that got you by til now.

->gorilla glue and begging<-  lol  Wink

Congrats on the Guardian, one of my favs and definitely one to make a powerful first impression to anyone, like your boss, for example. Cool

Woot woot on getting a Fulcrum, too! Nice choice! I have high regard for that one, and it's mate, the Lost Gray. Such a nice set of dual handed sabery goodness. Your hubby will undoubtedly be delighted with it.

Like MavRick I'm fortunate to have the support of my wife, who also made my Jedi costume. Bless her.  Wink  She wanted my Second Place Prize saber, the Standard Issue, from the Winter Raffle 2017, so of course, I gladly gave it to her. Now it's proudly displayed right in the middle of her sewing room. Others have seen a picture of her reaction. I think your boss would have a similar reaction of pure delight if he were to take the leap and get one for himself.

Anyway, welcome and hope you show off some of your new sabers here.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 12:06:04 AM »

Welcome. Since you have been looking around the forum already, you probably know about the Search Function, so no need to go there. I really want a Guardian, but sadly, my list is a little long, and it is not at the very top. Close, but not quite. Isn't it cool how whoever you show the saber(s) to instantly wants one of their own. I have gotten three friends into it already, and probably more soon. They are just amazing works of art.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 01:20:17 AM »

Woot woot on getting a Fulcrum, too! Nice choice! I have high regard for that one, and it's mate, the Lost Gray. Such a nice set of dual handed sabery goodness. Your hubby will undoubtedly be delighted with it.

It was funny, he was looking at 3 other ones and never mentioned Fulcrum. Imagine my surprise!

Like MavRick I'm fortunate to have the support of my wife, who also made my Jedi costume. Bless her.  Wink  She wanted my Second Place Prize saber, the Standard Issue, from the Winter Raffle 2017, so of course, I gladly gave it to her. Now it's proudly displayed right in the middle of her sewing room. Others have seen a picture of her reaction. I think your boss would have a similar reaction of pure delight if he were to take the leap and get one for himself.

I think she earned that saber!!!! Cheesy I think my boss liked the grab bag idea....Im sure I will find out in a few weeks that he went for it! XD

Anyway, welcome and hope you show off some of your new sabers here.

Oh yes, when they all get in, there will be some "family" portraits LOL

Own:
Guardian Emerald with v4 sound
Phantom Initiate V4 - Stunt Sabre, Violet Amethyst
Grab Bag - Dominix v2, guardian blue

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 03:29:45 AM »

Welcome to the party from down the road in Rochester.

Some excellent choices for sabers. I'd say you're going to love them, but you already know that.

If you have questions, always feel free to ask.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2017, 04:20:37 AM »

Welcome to the party from down the road in Rochester.

Some excellent choices for sabers. I'd say you're going to love them, but you already know that.

If you have questions, always feel free to ask.

Thanks ^_^

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 06:28:19 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Thanks! I grew up in central CA and miss the state!

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:13 PM »

Hello SAHPhoto and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 05:20:40 PM »

Hello SAHPhoto and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

*waves* Howdy! Cheesy

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »

Thanks! I grew up in central CA and miss the state!
As a resident of southern CA, I don't blame you  Wink  Although I have to say that I prefer the entire southwestern US (I grew up in Washington so I can't say that I really miss the rain...or snow...or cold  Cheesy).

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

SAHPhoto
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 08:30:03 PM »

As a resident of southern CA, I don't blame you  Wink  Although I have to say that I prefer the entire southwestern US (I grew up in Washington so I can't say that I really miss the rain...or snow...or cold  Cheesy).

I would move south in a heartbeat. My mom is still in Austin and Id like to go back....CA is just too unaffordable for me now :*(

Own:

Wish List:
Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 08:50:27 PM »

I would move south in a heartbeat. My mom is still in Austin and Id like to go back....CA is just too unaffordable for me now :*(
My condolences   Sad

Yeah, I'm glad that my wife and I got into our house when we did; I know too many people that are upside-down (or worse: under-water) with their mortgages.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: