Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Has anyone made a mistake about the color of their saber?  (Read 4307 times)
Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« on: April 26, 2017, 08:56:12 PM »

My eyesight is a little off, and along with the blade I chose (Ultra edge Heavy grade) I originally thought my color of my saber was orange. But after numerous pictures and comparisons to other users "Orange" blades. I've come to the conclusion it's actually red, just a light red/peach that appears orange at the bottom.

Once I figure out how to post pictures via mobile (I'm away from my computer for business) on this site I will gladly provide pictures.

I feel like a giant goofball  Tongue

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:33:02 PM »

As I've only bought the one saber (graflex w/ GB), I can't really comment on the color hues of orange or red sabers, sorry  Sad

That said: don't feel too bad.  In fact, look at the positive: you now have an EXTREMELY compelling reason to get ANOTHER saber from US  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »

Ultra Sabers Blazing Red isn't a true red, it's tinted slightly to the orange side to make it brighter.  True red is the weakest light in the visible spectrum, hence making it slightly orange.   So, Blazing Red can look orange.  The Ultra Edge blade makes it worse.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »

Yeah US's red is kinda meh. I built a deep red saber of my own and now I cringe at the orangishness of the red settings on my sabers. If done right, deep red isn't that dim, no more so than amber.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »

I'm about to do some experimenting with Lee Filters in my new Chosen One CE with Tri Blazing Red to see what kinds of "tinting" I can do with the red.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 12:47:59 AM »

I'm about to do some experimenting with Lee Filters in my new Chosen One CE with Tri Blazing Red to see what kinds of "tinting" I can do with the red.

I look forward to your results.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:23 PM »

True red leds also IMO make better more true purples. Curious to see what you can do with those filters.

I wonder if US will ever start using quadcree's in their color changing sabers? If they started with 2 dye one flash dye tricrees that'd be a big improvement.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Finale Saint
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 15

Time and fate.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »

As I've only bought the one saber (graflex w/ GB), I can't really comment on the color hues of orange or red sabers, sorry  Sad

That said: don't feel too bad.  In fact, look at the positive: you now have an EXTREMELY compelling reason to get ANOTHER saber from US  Grin

OH don't worry, I've got my eye of quite a few sabers, and trust me I fully plan on buying them regardless!  Cool

"I am the Balance"

Sentinel LE V4-Blazing Red
Dark Sentinel LE V4-Consular Green
Apprentice LE V4-Dark Violet Amethyst (Spear/Pike)
Shock LE- Guardian Blue

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 07:16:02 PM »

OH don't worry, I've got my eye of quite a few sabers, and trust me I fully plan on buying them regardless!  Cool
That's the spirit  Smiley  I never knew that this would become so addictive but after perusing the site, my wish-list more than quadrupled in size  Tongue

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 07:58:28 PM »

That's why we say welcome to the ADDICTION my friend.  Wink
 BTW's the red saber leds look much better in the standard blade ( not ultra edge ).
 IMO, the ultra edge blades give the reds, yellows and oranges a cream sickle look that I'm not a fan of.
You should get one on your next saber so you can see the difference for your self and see which one you prefer.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

pepsiaddict
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Brother of the Force: Neither Jedi nor Sith

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »

Ultra Sabers Blazing Red isn't a true red, it's tinted slightly to the orange side to make it brighter.  True red is the weakest light in the visible spectrum, hence making it slightly orange.   So, Blazing Red can look orange.  The Ultra Edge blade makes it worse.
I noticed this exactly. Luckily mine's an emerald so I can play around with it.

I've got my Ford, my Springfield, and now my UltraSaber. Life is good.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »

Adding a touch (1-2%) blue in the emerald driver gives you an ESB look.

MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 04:56:21 AM »

Experimented with LEE Filters on my Chosen One CE in Tri Blazing Red last night, with my wife giving her opinion on them as well, as I went about testing different LEE filter colors, and we settled on "Magenta" as the best color to shut down the orange a bit and bring out more red. Sounds strange, I know, as I tested several shades of reddish LEE filters, as well as some blues and purples. Now, granted, the camera on the iPhone 6S Plus is pretty good, but still not great at capturing the true image I'm seeing here in person, so keep that in mind, as you look at the pictures of my crude test results below. The walls are painted a cool gray color, so that might be contributing to the appearance the LED has on camera. Red LED light is a really tricky color to truly capture the essence of:

Ultrasabers Tri Blazing Red - Ultraedge Midgrade Blade:

Hopefully this attempt of capturing the orange part of Tri Blazing Red succeeds...

Ultrasabers Tri Blazing Red with Magenta LEE Filter - Ultraedge Midgrade Blade:

This does look a bit "pinkish" as the camera is picking up on some of that Magenta filtering, but trust me, my friends, it is a deep, dark red in person. Funny how the camera picks up on hues you can't see so well otherwise.  In any case, it's a definite difference, and I have my wife and son both as witnesses/second opinions. Definitely an improvement. Not a big drop in brightness/fullness, but the Ultraedge midgrade blade helps it out anyway.  It is a RED red, not an orangey red.

Comparison between my Diamond Malice Blazing Red with a mid-grade blade and the Chosen One Tri Blazing Red with a Magenta LEE Filter (the one on top):

Hopefully this further illustrates how the LEE filter partially eliminates some of the orange, though maybe not all of it, and I think you want to keep just a little bit anyway.  Wink

All in all I am very happy with the results and achieved what I wanted to achieve by deepening the red and reducing the orange. I promise it does not have any kind of pinkish hue in person and is just pure DARTH VADER red  Cool  I love it.

Side note: I did get some gorgeous blues and purples using some of the blue LEE filters, similar to the TRI Arctic Blue and Dark Violet Amethyst.  Fun to know I can turn Darth Vader to the light side at any time.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »

We need a Deep Red option in addition to the Blazing Red.  Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 06:28:51 PM »

We need a Deep Red option in addition to the Blazing Red.  Wink

Yes, we do.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: