Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Will Christopher Nolan ever write/direct a western?  (Read 732 times)
SaberFan22
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 11

« on: April 26, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

I was having a conversation with a friend recently about Christopher Nolan and how - despite his amazing plethora of crime/thriller films, he hasn't mastered nearly as many genres as a lot of great directors. Interstellar was his first 'proper' sci-fi (Inception had elements but was ultimately more of a crime/heist movie).

What with Dunkirk coming out soon, this could be Nolan's chance to silence the naysayers who say that he can only write/direct the aforementioned genres.

Anyway, as you might be able to tell from my recent posts, I'm going through a western phase and got to wondering what a Christopher Nolan western could look like. My guess is it'll never happen, but theoretically speaking what sort of convoluted, intelligent plot do you think could suit a western?

His brother Jonathan actually co-wrote the recent HBO series WestWorld, which is amazing, so maybe that's the closest we'll get. Just wondered what your thoughts were on what a Christopher Nolan western might be about!

Shock LE in Violet Amethyst
Dark War Glaive in Pyrestone Orange

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:36:00 PM »

Not so long as I have a breath in my body and a bullet in the chamber...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: