Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V2.1 : A Noob Review  (Read 2657 times)
Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 29

« on: April 27, 2017, 10:32:58 PM »

So this is my review of my Archon v2.1 and I like it quite a bit in fact also surprise Kylo Ren cosplay. Me thinks i'm slowly going over to the darkside  Wink
I really look forward to trying out some different emitters and pommels with the saber as well as changing the blades color. Hope you all enjoy!
Also as a forewarning there are kids in the background I edited the audio the best I could but some remains.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8RHM_fESI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8RHM_fESI</a>

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

Aeon LE V2 - Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Consular Green
Crimson Scorpion - Violet Amethyst (coming soon)
Dark Initiate LE V2 - Red (oldest son)
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue (youngest son)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »

You may not have thought to mention it, not sure if you could tell but from here ... your costume looked hot.  Just sayin ... you held your composure through the hot costume just fine though Tongue

Actually ... it's interesting you showed the phumping sound the blade makes and how tight the blade fits into the emitter - my Archon doesn't have such a snug fit compared to yours and that very well may be an improvement US made - a finer tolerance in machining. 

The Archon is my favourite lightsaber - I just love it and see it has a gorgeous and formidable weapon.

With the kids in the background - next time you might wanna consider doing your video reviews after midnight when everyone is asleep, in your basement, then upload and post to the forums and get to bed so late it's a total struggle to go to work the next day like I've done... uh, or something like that Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »

Awesome video Nerdandanoob!

Great costume as well - love it. Smiley

I JUST bought an Archon V2.1 myself - hazard502's in fact. Tongue  SO looking forward to getting my paws on it, so it's cool seeing yours. Grin

That ep. 4 sound font does indeed sound rockin', and goes with the saber beautifully.

+1 for awesome.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »

That is actually really interesting Hazard. The blade is indeed very snug within that particular. I plan on buying another Archon soon so I'll compare it's fit with my current one and report back.

Also i only commented on the costume for comedic effect though it was hot. I keep the room warm because it houses my pet ball python so she needs a warm home. That coupled with my pc and three layers is warm haha!

Believe it or not I have no basement sadly lol. Also why would you possibly do that to yourself hahah! I've done that streaming one and it was horrible :p

Also Rapine congrats on getting the archon look forward to seeing what you think of it! It's a really nice saber in hand. Need to duel my brother with mine sometime.

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 05:57:12 PM »

Great vid, Nerdandanoob  Smiley

I agree that the Archon is a fantastic looking saber (although my preference is towards v3; still trying to figure out how to mod it w/ an activation box--maybe get a graflex clamp and...IDK something to complete the look).  Plus: it does look comfortable in hand (a slight problem w/ the graflex is I need to get used to the hardware on the saber hilt before becoming proficient w/ spinning, combat, etc.  But what a great saber it is  Wink).

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 07:32:35 PM »

Great vid, Nerdandanoob  Smiley

I agree that the Archon is a fantastic looking saber (although my preference is towards v3; still trying to figure out how to mod it w/ an activation box--maybe get a graflex clamp and...IDK something to complete the look).  Plus: it does look comfortable in hand (a slight problem w/ the graflex is I need to get used to the hardware on the saber hilt before becoming proficient w/ spinning, combat, etc.  But what a great saber it is  Wink).

Ive been looking at the Graflex as well Cheesy so many choices for a next saber but i've got a bit to decide, so far its up to a Flamberge, Chosen one, Graflex or making a Dual Archon v2.1 setup with quick release or staff coupler.

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 08:04:05 PM »

Ive been looking at the Graflex as well Cheesy so many choices for a next saber but i've got a bit to decide, so far its up to a Flamberge, Chosen one, Graflex or making a Dual Archon v2.1 setup with quick release or staff coupler.
Good choices, all.  Just my own prerogative: the graflex is CLASSIC.  Truly, it's awesome.  AND it looks FANTASTIC  Cool

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:04 PM »

Good choices, all.  Just my own prerogative: the graflex is CLASSIC.  Truly, it's awesome.  AND it looks FANTASTIC  Cool

The Graflex is indeed a classic but i'm looking forward to future cosplay ideas Cheesy a Kylo with his grandpa Anakins old lightsaber would be fun tbh. Maybe when im ready ill do a post and let everyone weigh in on the choice or make it a fun game Cheesy

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 10:35:42 PM »

The Graflex is indeed a classic but i'm looking forward to future cosplay ideas Cheesy a Kylo with his grandpa Anakins old lightsaber would be fun tbh. Maybe when im ready ill do a post and let everyone weigh in on the choice or make it a fun game Cheesy
I like that idea^^  In the meantime, I'm sure others (who actually have more sabers than I do) can weigh in with more informed opinions  Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 11:40:46 PM »

Yeah nice. I have the same Archon, same specs but the silver pommel, and mine don't make that phumping sound with the blade so I'm wondering if all blade sockets are now a bit tighter than before? I'll have to get me one of the standard sabers as well and test it out on it

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 06:02:08 AM »

So this is my review of my Archon v2.1 and I like it quite a bit in fact also surprise Kylo Ren cosplay. Me thinks i'm slowly going over to the darkside  Wink
I really look forward to trying out some different emitters and pommels with the saber as well as changing the blades color. Hope you all enjoy!
Also as a forewarning there are kids in the background I edited the audio the best I could but some remains.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE8RHM_fESI

+1 I enjoyed watching and great saber!

Nerdandanoob
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:16 PM »

Yeah nice. I have the same Archon, same specs but the silver pommel, and mine don't make that phumping sound with the blade so I'm wondering if all blade sockets are now a bit tighter than before? I'll have to get me one of the standard sabers as well and test it out on it

Yea thats what Hazard said. Id like to get another both to test the fit of the blade into the hilt and to make a Archon staff combo. The fit of the blade its very very snug. Loose enough to slide in very easily but again tight enough to create a seal that allows for the blade to make the satisfying phump sound when taking it out for storage. If its intentional its very good which means theres less possible movement of the blade when striking meaning less wear near the base and as well just a better fit all round.

Also Glad you liked it Lord Sidious and thanks Cheesy

I like waffles!

Current Sabers Owned:

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »

Thanks for the enjoyable review.  FYI, I enjoy those types of pops as well.  Grin

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »

Lol --- 👍

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »

Yea thats what Hazard said. Id like to get another both to test the fit of the blade into the hilt and to make a Archon staff combo.
I really like that idea; I have to admit I'd really dig a saberstaff w/ dual Archon emitters  Wink  Must be something left over from my childhood viewing(s) of Return of the Jedi  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: