Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: A year of DEK-ing  (Read 5197 times)
Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« on: April 28, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

Such a long time a year can be out in the wild! Smiley
I've just found this vid on my hard drive and had a good smile - it's spring again and our Knighthood can celebrate the first year passing by.
I remember to put my phone on a piece of stone with the vid recording switched on about a year ago just to see what techniques to select and how to polish them for the Wind form. Got some flow and the usual hickups, hits on fingers-sort of fun Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-i0CnovtQ&amp;lc=z12qudv51nq0f10ar04celpo5mbjdh4oc2k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-i0CnovtQ&amp;lc=z12qudv51nq0f10ar04celpo5mbjdh4oc2k</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »

Sweet!  I'll check out some of the vids later.  (I have an hour bus ride to work)  It's good to see you back around these parts, medwyn.  Smiley

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 02:04:48 PM »

Thanks scifidude, I've just realized reading your comment that I put the wrong link in here - fortunately it was within the one-hour range so I corrected it  Grin
Nice to be back, a lot to catch up with!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:27:45 PM »

I didn't mind the link to your channel, I was just going to watch all the videos, even the ones I've seen before.  Grin  You're awesome, dude.  I don't know how you can spin sabers in both hands.  I'm right handed and the saber feels like an alien organism in my left hand.

By the way, I like that you're using that Consular.  I just got one recently myself and I love it, so it's really cool seeing what someone skilled can do with one.  Smiley

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:38:46 PM »

Always good to see you're still around Medwyn!

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »

Ah I need to get around to learning the rest of the wind form. That will be my project this week I guess.

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 11:24:14 PM »

I noticed more flow than hiccups  Grin  Lookin good. Excellent example.

Force pushing a point your way now...

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 02:25:36 AM »

You make me want to spend more time on one foot. That is an odd statement but it is meant as a compliment.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 05:35:34 AM »

Yeah that was a great example of fluid movement, and what good is it if we can't work through a few hiccups while learning and practicing - looked great to me.  Quite enjoyed taking that in and thx for the share ... +1 to you medwyn.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 10:14:01 AM »

It's so great to see you back man. Grin

Awesome video - again. Tongue

You really do make those moves look simple and logical.  I mean, it's just kind of obvious where you should go next...fluid I guess...lol

+1 regardless Medwyn - despite my rambling. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 08:19:18 PM »

Thanks guys, at least I can spark some holonet on my device! Lately we had a long broadband outage, I again met an army of engineers who tried to fix it (remote location and 4.5km long line through the woods and such from the exchange box) so I'm pretty much ready to pass my test to be a Alliance Star Comm Officer.
Still not sorted but see what I did first on the tiniest signal I got? Uploaded a saber vid! Cheesy Took a helluva time but hey!

And as the trees getting green again and the days run longer I see the light reflecting back from the aluminum hilts so friendly! Smiley

@Lord Rapine, I see you are still an iconic darksider! Smiley Your blades are more red than my eyes after typing for days on a CRT screen!
@Lord Cephalus, I had a good laugh! Once you decide which foot of yours you'd like to stand on, from there it'll go easy! Smiley
@Samhain, I'll check your new vids on YT while my internet lasts!
@Master Enso, you already are over the most difficult part, the rest will be a blue milk run! Smiley Looking forward to it!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 04:55:45 PM »

Thanks guys, at least I can spark some holonet on my device! Lately we had a long broadband outage, I again met an army of engineers who tried to fix it (remote location and 4.5km long line through the woods and such from the exchange box) so I'm pretty much ready to pass my test to be a Alliance Star Comm Officer.
Still not sorted but see what I did first on the tiniest signal I got? Uploaded a saber vid! Cheesy Took a helluva time but hey!

And as the trees getting green again and the days run longer I see the light reflecting back from the aluminum hilts so friendly! Smiley

I love the description of where you live and sorry to hear you're still having broadband issues. Takes mad skill and patience to be an Alliance Star Comm Officer, and it's no secret you've got heaps of both  Wink

Uploading on an uber slow internet connection be like...

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 06:01:25 PM »

So wonderful watching your graceful but strong flowing movements.  You look to me as though you studied Praying Mantis gung fu.

awesomeness point  Cool

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »

Uploading on an uber slow internet connection be like...

That's exactly how it is Lord Bladewraith!  You see now why I have not much hair... Smiley

So wonderful watching your graceful but strong flowing movements.  You look to me as though you studied Praying Mantis gung fu.

Thank you D7! Smiley I've spent 16+ years in training Shaolin kung-fu and mantis is one of the animal forms in the curriculum. I like the part when the female mantis does NOT behead and eat the male ones  Grin

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 09:02:49 PM »

Thank you D7! Smiley I've spent 16+ years in training Shaolin kung-fu and mantis is one of the animal forms in the curriculum. I like the part when the female mantis does NOT behead and eat the male ones  Grin

Okay... you are a Crane instead.  lol Grin 

Shaolin training makes total sense and I can't fathom that I didn't recognize this.  Humble bows of respect.

awesomeness point... from a Tiger  Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: